Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Brand new items in Baro's shop next visit!" Thanks for the one skin DE....

VanrythWolf

3 hours ago, VanrythWolf said:

Oh yeah, one crappy skin. It's not like its on video them promising to give Baro an entirely new stock this visit /s

They never said it would be an entirely new stock, they said it was one new item. They said it again in the last prime time too.

2 hours ago, kkinnison said:

we were expecting new items, we were told new items

we got new skins... and you expect us to not be disappointed?

A skin is an item. Maybe your definitions of what an "item" constitutes as in this game is wrong.

2 hours ago, heskaroid said:

All we want is something for end game players to enjoy.

New players get something, everyone else complains. Mid-tier people get something, everyone else complains. Endgame content added, literally everyone complains. Re-released content, everyone that already had it complains. New content, people missing old content complain. Skins release, people wanting guns complain. Guns released, people wanting skins complain.

Why should DE cater to anyone specifically if most of the community are spoiled kids that get mad whenever they don't get what they want?

Edited by NeithanDiniem

2 minutes ago, Elyann said:

I don't really mind the mods Baro brought nor weapons.....but those prices......they are just too high and the amount of ducats you earn is too low.
Each part seems to sell for 10 ducats unless it's one of those you'd rather sell for plat instead....and farming feels slower....a lot...

they are way too high i have plenty of ducats stacked up but think about new players

before you could do endless void run for ducats

now you have to farm for 1 key to get 1 prime part.

47 minutes ago, LoopStricken said:

That's a fair point, so here's my Sotz skin, same settings.

Yepp, that new skin would actually look pretty neat, but it still has work to be done on it.

here is another screenshot with max in-game settings.
weuwh3.jpg~original

I understand everyone's frustration here with the fact that Baro's stock for this week isn't really that good towards endgame players (which I am apart of). I think it was meant for newer players if they had a lot of prime parts they didn't need (which seems unlikely as is). It honestly seems like the promise of us getting something new and exciting wasn't exactly granted by DE this week and was more-so a false message.

To me, they really should begin to be honest and specific on whether we're getting some new mods/items for the endgame players/new players who might benefit from Baro or some old mods/items to any player that might of missed them in the past (for example, a Primed Intensify would be new and interesting, and the Mara Detron would be old and something endgame players would want) a day before Baro arrives. If DE were to actually begin doing this, it'd give us a general idea on what to expect instead of possibly being led to less hype and false promises. I don't mean to sound harsh, but this is what should be done.

Edited by YellowVolt

6 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

A skin is an item. Maybe your definitions of what an "item" constitutes as in this game is wrong.

A skin is Not tradeable usable, or consumed.  A SKIN is  the outer covering or layer.  an ITEM is an individual article or unit

You put skins on ITEMS.  you put Mods .. which are a "unit" into an item.. and can use the mod on several items (usually).  you can only put skins on a few items... in this case a prisma arrow skin can only be put in arrows... cant even use the skin on something else besides an arrow.

Your definition of what an item is too broad and generally i think a majority of players put a very very low value on skins, in comparison to pretty much everything else in the game that can be traded, sold, or bought.

2 hours ago, kkinnison said:

A skin is Not tradeable usable, or consumed.  A SKIN is  the outer covering or layer.  an ITEM is an individual article or unit

You put skins on ITEMS.  you put Mods .. which are a "unit" into an item.. and can use the mod on several items (usually).  you can only put skins on a few items... in this case a prisma arrow skin can only be put in arrows... cant even use the skin on something else besides an arrow.

Your definition of what an item is too broad and generally i think a majority of players put a very very low value on skins, in comparison to pretty much everything else in the game that can be traded, sold, or bought.

And yet Skins are located in the inventory, and are considered an item by this game. Your definition is still incorrect in this.

2 hours ago, YellowVolt said:

I understand everyone's frustration here with the fact that Baro's stock for this week isn't really that good towards endgame players (which I am apart of). I think it was meant for newer players if they had a lot of prime parts they didn't need (which seems unlikely as is). It honestly seems like the promise of us getting something new and exciting wasn't exactly granted by DE this week and was more-so a false message.

To me, they really should begin to be honest and specific on whether we're getting some new mods/items for the endgame players/new players who might benefit from Baro or some old mods/items to any player that might of missed them in the past (for example, a Primed Intensify would be new and interesting, and the Mara Detron would be old and something endgame players would want) a day before Baro arrives. If DE were to actually begin doing this, it'd give us a general idea on what to expect instead of possibly being led to less hype and false promises. I don't mean to sound harsh, but this is what should be done.

How is DE to know if an "endgame" player has those event mods yet or not? How is DE to know if an endgame player doesnt want a skin?

They don't. They tell it to you straight "There is a new item this week." Its stupid people that think that every single week hes going to have some new groundbreaking endgame item that will fixate and placate the players for a few seconds before they find something new to complain about. DE only hypes that it is a new item, its people that go full stupid and expect it to be something that it isn't.

9 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

How is DE to know if an "endgame" player has those event mods yet or not? How is DE to know if an endgame player doesnt want a skin?

They don't. They tell it to you straight "There is a new item this week." Its stupid people that think that every single week hes going to have some new groundbreaking endgame item that will fixate and placate the players for a few seconds before they find something new to complain about. DE only hypes that it is a new item, its people that go full stupid and expect it to be something that it isn't.

Yeah; I can admit that it's impossible for DE to look into everyone's mods/items from Baro (if they even wanted to, but that probably would be a bad idea) and see if they have the exact same item they might end up putting in Baro's stock. And I don't expect him to have something groundbreaking or meant to help assist in endgame; just some new or even returning items that will make a lot of players happy and not lead to complaints and frustration as we're currently witnessing right now. Honestly, that's all I really wanted myself; I'm not a hardcore endgame player. Even if DE can't magically read everyone's minds either, it wouldn't hurt for them to at least get some feedback from the community about his stock and then take that into consideration for his future visits.

Edited by YellowVolt

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

And yet Skins are located in the inventory, and are considered an item by this game. Your definition is still incorrect in this.

I don't think anyone wants Baro to have nothing but skins.  and if a skin is an item, as i have said before most players think skins are the least valuable items in the game, since they cannot be traded, or used on other things besides the specific item the skin is for.

37 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

They never said it would be an entirely new stock, they said it was one new item. They said it again in the last prime time too.

New players get something, everyone else complains. Mid-tier people get something, everyone else complains. Endgame content added, literally everyone complains. Re-released content, everyone that already had it complains. New content, people missing old content complain. Skins release, people wanting guns complain. Guns released, people wanting skins complain.

Why should DE cater to anyone specifically if most of the community are spoiled kids that get mad whenever they don't get what they want?

New players will not attend to Baro... No ducats, no credits, no... knowledge... Baro is for sure for a not so new, and even "experienced" players...

And that's why I complain about expecting something new every 2 weeks... and get... this! :)

*Btw, Piercing Caliber anyone?

Edited by StuGXIII

57 minutes ago, kkinnison said:

I don't think anyone wants Baro to have nothing but skins.  and if a skin is an item, as i have said before most players think skins are the least valuable items in the game, since they cannot be traded, or used on other things besides the specific item the skin is for.

Baro didn't come with only skins, nor did I say that he should. He came this week with mods and the other typical fare that he normally has. Plenty of us enjoy new skins when they match what we personally want out stuff to look like. I for one know I wouldn't like several Warframes out there nearly as much as I do without their alternate skins because I dislike their default look. The problem here is people don't like that the new item is a skin, which is nothing more than their personal opinion. The issue is when people use that opinion to go onto the forums to complain every single time he arrives just because he didn't show up with what THEY wanted. 

58 minutes ago, YellowVolt said:

Yeah; I can admit that it's impossible for DE to look into everyone's mods/items from Baro (if they even wanted to, but that probably would be a bad idea) and see if they have the exact same item they might end up putting in Baro's stock. And I don't expect him to have something groundbreaking or meant to help assist in endgame; just some new or even returning items that will make a lot of players happy and not lead to complaints and frustration as we're currently witnessing right now. Honestly, that's all I really wanted myself; I'm not a hardcore endgame player.

We did have returning items, good ones too. The issue is when people already have it they think that means that Baro's stock is now crap and thus go to the forums to complain.

51 minutes ago, StuGXIII said:

New players will not attend to Baro... No ducats, no credits, no... knowledge... Baro is for sure for a not so new, and even "experienced" players...

And that's why I complain about expecting something new every 2 weeks... and get... this! :)

*Btw, Piercing Caliber anyone?

You get something new every 2 weeks. This week you got a skin, deal with it. They aren't going to only bring new mods every single time.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed rude comment

2 hours ago, LoopStricken said:

It's not even a very well-made skin. I'm disappointed.

KzL5SbP.png?1

Not sure if this was already mentioned in this thread, but this is most likely (well, guaranteed) a bug.
Could be related to this thread which was addressed in the last hotfix in regarding the new Xiphos skin: 

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

12 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

We did have returning items, good ones too. The issue is when people already have it they think that means that Baro's stock is now crap and thus go to the forums to complain.

I do admit myself there were some good returning items this week; I even bought the one Slash mod since I sold my Buzz Kill a while back. People are going to end up complaining regardless if they end up seeing an item that they already have since it takes up a slot of his stock that could of gone to something they didn't have. It's a case of something that practically cannot be avoided.

Edited by YellowVolt
Decided to keep the post as is and not put in harshness.

5 minutes ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

Not sure if this was already mentioned in this thread, but this is most likely (well, guaranteed) a bug.
Could be related to this thread which was addressed in the last hotfix in regarding the new Xiphos skin: 

I suspect that this is a different issue relating to how the skins are created, and not simply a low-quality texture.
A great deal of Immortal skins had, and some still have, very similar issues to what this Prisma skin is exhibiting.

44 minutes ago, YellowVolt said:

I do admit myself there were some good returning items this week; I even bought the one Slash mod since I sold my Buzz Kill a while back. People are going to end up complaining regardless if they end up seeing an item that they already have since it takes up a slot of his stock that could of gone to something they didn't have. It's a case of something that practically cannot be avoided.

If DE didn't need to keep them for the potential feedback they do end up rarely making, Id say they should just be locked when they are made.

43 minutes ago, LoopStricken said:

I suspect that this is a different issue relating to how the skins are created, and not simply a low-quality texture.
A great deal of Immortal skins had, and some still have, very similar issues to what this Prisma skin is exhibiting.

I have this issue with several skins even when I'm just in the arsenal, on all maxed settings to boot. Getting closer and loads it correctly, so I'd say it may be an LOD issue.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed rude remark

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

I have this issue with several skins even when I'm just in the arsenal, on all maxed settings to boot. Getting closer and loads it correctly, so I'd say it may be an LOD issue.

Different thing, believe me. I can't remember the precise explanation but it's something to do with the way the red and green (maybe) sections are laid out on the colour map... or something?

49 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Baro didn't come with only skins, nor did I say that he should. He came this week with mods and the other typical fare that he normally has. Plenty of us enjoy new skins when they match what we personally want out stuff to look like. I for one know I wouldn't like several Warframes out there nearly as much as I do without their alternate skins because I dislike their default look. The problem here is people don't like that the new item is a skin, which is nothing more than their personal opinion. The issue is when people use that opinion to go onto the forums to complain every single time he arrives just because he didn't show up with what THEY wanted. 

you are missing the point in your attempt to be an apologist.  1. We were told Baro would be bringing something new.  2. the new item was a skin. 3. A skin is not something players consider valuable 4. DE even messed up that new item by making it a gear item, instead of a skin and had to go back and Fix it

The issue is not about what else Baro brought, or what he as brought recently.  That is a whole other issue that doesn't matter to me much as even the primed bane mods are useful for those that know how to use it, and the Impact mods are great for those that never had a chance to get them. (i for one didn't have the Ducats last time the shotgun mod showed up)

I would have much preferred DE said "New prisma arrow skin" or "New skin" instead of bring vague and making most people get their hopes up thinking it was a new primed mod, armor, or weapon and being disappointed.   Buy trying to increase the Hype of Baro coming they only showed a lack of respect for the players who want to believe DE would only hype something of value.. instead of a simple skin

The skins aren't all that great though tbh. Sure they are free cosmetics and I buy them for the collector value, but some of us want a new weapon or mod when Baro comes out and sure we finally got one new mod (Primed Pressure Point) and that was the 1st mod we received in nearly 6 months. We are actually getting real close to 1 year without a new Baro weapon. Some of us that are salty, because we want content. We aren't saying new and old players shouldn't be given the chance to get something that we haven't received. What we want is something worth out time and effort. These skins, again aren't all that great. So what we want is something that we can USE. When Baro first came out he brought stuff we could USE. Sure we can use these cosmetics that are given to us, but their are better cosmetics in the game that are just as easy to get as the weird Baro items. I can grind out the Platinum to buy the cape pack just as easy as I can grind the 400+ ducats to get a meh syndanna. Primed Mods everyone can use and nobody is complaining about them except for the fusion cost. Nobody is complaining about buying a new weapon that most of the time is just MR fodder (although some have been pretty nice). The weapons can't be much harder to do than the current cosmetics we are getting. Take any old weapon, boost the damage by 10-20%, put on the Prisma pallete, and we are good to go and players are happy. That doesn't even take away from the players getting an old item that we already have, but pleases old players. The game have nearing 300 weapons if not pass that by now, so we have plenty to choose from.

2 hours ago, Silverton said:

The skins aren't all that great though tbh. Sure they are free cosmetics and I buy them for the collector value, but some of us want a new weapon or mod when Baro comes out and sure we finally got one new mod (Primed Pressure Point) and that was the 1st mod we received in nearly 6 months. We are actually getting real close to 1 year without a new Baro weapon. Some of us that are salty, because we want content. We aren't saying new and old players shouldn't be given the chance to get something that we haven't received. What we want is something worth out time and effort. These skins, again aren't all that great. So what we want is something that we can USE. When Baro first came out he brought stuff we could USE. Sure we can use these cosmetics that are given to us, but their are better cosmetics in the game that are just as easy to get as the weird Baro items. I can grind out the Platinum to buy the cape pack just as easy as I can grind the 400+ ducats to get a meh syndanna. Primed Mods everyone can use and nobody is complaining about them except for the fusion cost. Nobody is complaining about buying a new weapon that most of the time is just MR fodder (although some have been pretty nice). The weapons can't be much harder to do than the current cosmetics we are getting. Take any old weapon, boost the damage by 10-20%, put on the Prisma pallete, and we are good to go and players are happy. That doesn't even take away from the players getting an old item that we already have, but pleases old players. The game have nearing 300 weapons if not pass that by now, so we have plenty to choose from.

Of course when he first came out it was stuff you could use, it was literally all brand new. It isnt all new now because they have to rotate old stock through so new players that didn't have a chance to get it before more can As to if Baro cosmetics are better or worse than the market cosmetics, that is opinion. Plenty of people use Baro's over other market cosmetics because they want those instead. And no, giving a weapon a new skin and different stats isn't that simple, it actually does take time to make a new skin and then consider new stats that aren't going to conflict with the existing (im)balance as well as plans they already have for what to release. And no, a new weapon is rarely accepted as good because if it doesn't become the new go-to must-use weapon people complain that it isn't better than <X> weapon.

People forget that DE wants to rework the mod system, and that the last new primed mod that people considered "useful" wasn't even universally accepted to be released. That is probably the number one reason why new primed mods aren't just flying off the shelf.

I didn't have a problem with what he brought. I needed the IPS mods from him. However my biggest problem was the pricing. I ended up spending all my ducats on the mods since I didn't know when they would show again. So a few mods + a stalker beacon took down my 1500 ducats quite easily. Leaving me without the new skin or anything else I might have wanted. Hopefully his prices are adjusted next time so I don't have to farm for parts hours on end only to not get his entire inventory.