Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Brand new items in Baro's shop next visit!" Thanks for the one skin DE....

VanrythWolf

2 hours ago, williamsos10 said:

I didn't have a problem with what he brought. I needed the IPS mods from him. However my biggest problem was the pricing. I ended up spending all my ducats on the mods since I didn't know when they would show again. So a few mods + a stalker beacon took down my 1500 ducats quite easily. Leaving me without the new skin or anything else I might have wanted. Hopefully his prices are adjusted next time so I don't have to farm for parts hours on end only to not get his entire inventory.

As you get more and more of his mods and items, you'll end up having to buy fewer and fewer items from him. You wont be buying his full inventory unless you plan to be selling his mods to other players. At that point working for free plat, essentially, does take work. And if that is the goal, there are probably easier ways to go about doing it.

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Of course when he first came out it was stuff you could use, it was literally all brand new. It isnt all new now because they have to rotate old stock through so new players that didn't have a chance to get it before more can As to if Baro cosmetics are better or worse than the market cosmetics, that is opinion. Plenty of people use Baro's over other market cosmetics because they want those instead. And no, giving a weapon a new skin and different stats isn't that simple, it actually does take time to make a new skin and then consider new stats that aren't going to conflict with the existing (im)balance as well as plans they already have for what to release. And no, a new weapon is rarely accepted as good because if it doesn't become the new go-to must-use weapon people complain that it isn't better than <X> weapon.

People forget that DE wants to rework the mod system, and that the last new primed mod that people considered "useful" wasn't even universally accepted to be released. That is probably the number one reason why new primed mods aren't just flying off the shelf.

Most cosmetics that we get from Baro are reskinnned cosmetics we already have. His two armor sets are reskinned armor sets, his Syndanas are just reskinned versions of Nef cape. So doing a new weapon isn't much more work. Weapon balancing is something they know how to do. We have 3 Latrons and 3 Gorgons all with different stats and mostly they just have trade offs from the original one. So say they give us a Prisma Tiberon, they lower the overall damage from 60 to 55, increase reload speed, and give us a 15% crit chance. All they did here is make some number changes that anyone could do in Fallout 4 (going into the weapon files and changing some numbers). They aren't needing to sculpt a whole new weapon even.

Im just upset about their so called price adjustment and the only thing that happened was the prime parts having somewhat different values...ofc the rarest parts give 100 ducats and yet baro's prices are not adjusted at all...Not gonna give up Nova Prime Chassis or Mag P bp's for stuff thats overpriced for the current relic system.

2 hours ago, Silverton said:

Most cosmetics that we get from Baro are reskinnned cosmetics we already have. His two armor sets are reskinned armor sets, his Syndanas are just reskinned versions of Nef cape. So doing a new weapon isn't much more work. Weapon balancing is something they know how to do. We have 3 Latrons and 3 Gorgons all with different stats and mostly they just have trade offs from the original one. So say they give us a Prisma Tiberon, they lower the overall damage from 60 to 55, increase reload speed, and give us a 15% crit chance. All they did here is make some number changes that anyone could do in Fallout 4 (going into the weapon files and changing some numbers). They aren't needing to sculpt a whole new weapon even.

And yet people still complained about every single one of those guns hes released and they are almost all generally considered as "Mastery fodder" because they don't hold up to the current meta damage weapons. More weapons from Baro would do literally nothing towards making him have "better stock." All it would do is increase the people saying that his weapons are not what they were expecting.

Just now, OverlordMcGeek said:

Well I finally got an arrow skin(still waiting for my valentine arrows to work). That scimitar thing looks like it's missing something.

Textures?

Well you are going to wait another 199 days for Valentine's Day...

I always though the way people get salty at baro was ridiculous and childish, there were weeks when he even brought good stuff and people were expecting more, I'm not even sure they had a clue about what they expected, it was just that they raised their expectations so high only throwing something brutally OP that would break the game might fullfill their expectations.

But this week people complaining are right and I say this as someone who wasn't expecting anything worthwile from Baro, my trust in DE dropped lower than titanic did after Specters of the Fail and afterwards they just keep modifing stuf that doesn't need changes and keeping andadding new bugs.

DE went on about how they were reviewing the prices, if you are reluctant about doing it due to people that stacked Ducats pre-Fail don't promise what you are have no intention to keep, then they promised new items only 1 came out a skin that unless you are using its default colors will look so bad and had even less effort put into it than prisma tetra (remember this one when they forgot to restock Baro and hastly made it threw it out?).

To make it even worse they hyped it on the red text and even went on to send a message advertising Baro. What the heck did you expected? 

3 hours ago, VanrythWolf said:

It would appear that the reason for them not changing the pricing either is because they expected the large stocks of Ducats some players have to go down, which makes 0 damned sense. But I find it funny how DE Drew seems to only be picking comments to reply to that are not calling DE out on lying to players and is only responding about the BS credit nerf.

I said this a week ago, DE doesn't change pricing first 1-2 visits to deplete vets stockpile. It's not working on me as I never buy more than 1 item for myself so unless DE brings a BRAN SPANKING NEW inventory, Baro isn't getting anything from me

4 hours ago, VanrythWolf said:

Seriously!? I mean what the heck, you make us go without any changes to Baro's stock and tell us we would get some brand new gear this visit only to get the same old stuff that the majority of players find useless or already own...

Well, i have 2000 hours gaming and i did not have any of these impact event mods. Must admit i really hope for puncture and slash bundle on the next Baro's visit.

Wasn't a bad Baro day at all for my part.

2 hours ago, NeonNemesis said:

I always though the way people get salty at baro was ridiculous and childish, there were weeks when he even brought good stuff and people were expecting more, I'm not even sure they had a clue about what they expected, it was just that they raised their expectations so high only throwing something brutally OP that would break the game might fullfill their expectations.

But this week people complaining are right and I say this as someone who wasn't expecting anything worthwile from Baro, my trust in DE dropped lower than titanic did after Specters of the Fail and afterwards they just keep modifing stuf that doesn't need changes and keeping andadding new bugs.

DE went on about how they were reviewing the prices, if you are reluctant about doing it due to people that stacked Ducats pre-Fail don't promise what you are have no intention to keep, then they promised new items only 1 came out a skin that unless you are using its default colors will look so bad and had even less effort put into it than prisma tetra (remember this one when they forgot to restock Baro and hastly made it threw it out?).

To make it even worse they hyped it on the red text and even went on to send a message advertising Baro. What the heck did you expected? 

You realize that you are a hypocrite right now, right? He did bring some pretty useful mods this week, mods that several in this thread have said they have been waiting for and thus they liked his selection this week. Not everyone is going to like his selection, that is going to happen every time. His new item is not going to always be the next best thing, and it shouldn't be.

They adjusted the prices for how many ducats you can get for each item to track how many ducats people are able to get, then they'll adjust the prices of what Baro is selling better now that they have a proper number to base their price average on.

And red text's job is to hype everything. They hype everything from bug fixing to maintenance server work. Its people's fault for not thinking at all. You can look back and see exactly what hes brought every time hes shown up, and yet people always are all "Maybe next time it'll just be really great!" If your expectations have been let down every time, why are you always getting so hyped up every week? People are being masochistic and don't even know it.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

2 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

You realize that you are a hypocrite right now, right? He did bring some pretty useful mods this week, mods that several in this thread have said they have been waiting for and thus they liked his selection this week. Not everyone is going to like his selection, that is going to happen every time. His new item is not going to always be the next best thing, and it shouldn't be.

They adjusted the prices for how many ducats you can get for each item to track how many ducats people are able to get, then they'll adjust the prices of what Baro is selling better now that they have a proper number to base their price average on.

And red text's job is to hype everything. They hype everything from bug fixing to maintenance server work. Its people's fault for not thinking at all. You can look back and see exactly what hes brought every time hes shown up, and yet people always are all "Maybe next time it'll just be really great!" If your expectations have been let down every time, why are you always getting so hyped up every week? People are being masochistic and don't even know it.

Thanks for that.

3 hours ago, JSharpie said:

You know this is not a democracy or a meritocracy right? You can demand all you want but no one will ever deserve an answer. What shiny new toy were you looking forward to? Primed whatever to powercreep a little bit more? 

It baffles me how people don't seem to grasp the fact that game developers are not robots. They can't magically will something to happen. Maybe the new items weren't ready to release yet. Maybe there were new items but they wanted to release these first. It's not like this is the last time he will be here. 

You can bash whoever you want, but the reasoning behind it is so feeble that it has little weight.

Game devs dont need to be robots to take an existing mod in the game, and increase its rank to 10 and make it max out at some higher percent like all the rest of the primed mods do. 

Game devs dont need to be robots to apply a texture over an existing weapon and change its stats. I dont understand how hard it could be to make something that insignificant every other week, or every 4 weeks. I just dont believe it takes that much to do this. Im no game dev, and I know it probably isnt just that simple, but Baro's visits shouldnt be so anticlimactic. 

Edited by armedpoop

1 hour ago, -Sandman said:

Yup so in the off chance they do something good, its like christmas.

Well you are on the point with Cristhmas too. It happens as often as they do something good... 1 time every year. (nowadays)

Edited by Askell91

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

At what point did I said he shouldn't have brought those mods or criticised for bringing them? Or new items = less or same number of itens? Because I remember Baro's stock being much smaller each visit before 

They adjusted the prices? Wow really i just came out of there 300 for the cheapest mod with others reaching over 400, this might be "adjusted" for you and me that played before Specters of the Fail, but what about people who started shortly before or after? Who's being an hipocrite now?

And if you read what I said I stated that people DO indeed hype themselves way too much for Baro, they are always expecting at the very least a primed mod and even if one comes out they probably end up disapointed like for example with primed reach, but this time it's not solely people's fault, but DE has a lot of blame for today's rantings, not solely for the red text even though many weeks the red text never mentions Baro but by all the promisses that DE made about Baro, just tell me when did we ever received a message for Baro's arrival with the relay and all?

3 hours ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

I bought about 400. They are locked to the season it seems. Which sucks.

Prisma arrows look mighty fine with the Abra skin.

I was using the Eros Arrows earlier this week after hearing the texture on them had been fixed.  Annoyingly they still need to be reapplied after spending a revive (and are limited use gear instead of permenant skins like all other seasonal cosmetics... but I guess that'll never change.)