Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe not working with msi afterburner

Strajder

Question

Hi guys, I have problem runing game with msi afterburner. Every other game works fine with it but when starting warframe in 99% game crashes almost immediately and in other 1% few minutes after playing a bit with black screen but I can hear sound ingame and also hear when I move or shoot. Is there any solution for this issue?

12 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

Do you have OSD activated? I am using MSI Afterburner too and when I activated OSD Warframe crashed.

Yes, OSD is enabled thats the sole reason why I am using it mainly for monitoring temps and gpu fan control.

32 minutes ago, Cydro_ said:

Just putting it out there, do you really need to be using an overclocking tool for Warframe? Really? It's a very well optimized game and is playable on a surprisingly vast array of crappy hardware

I'm not using Afterburner just for overclocking, for Warframe I'm even using default settings.

Edited by Strajder

3 hours ago, Cydro_ said:

Just putting it out there, do you really need to be using an overclocking tool for Warframe? Really? It's a very well optimized game and is playable on a surprisingly vast array of crappy hardware

Run this game on a high end machine and compare it to other games and you will see that Warframe isn´t well optimized.

@OP: I get that but then this thread should be moved to bugs, I would like this to get fixxed too.

Edited by Kuestenjung

I use MSI Afterburner, works fine for me. Can even have on the thingy in the corner showing CPU usage and framerate and stuff if I want to.

I know that's not of much help, but at least it can work. Donno what I'm doing differently.

15 hours ago, Mikki79 said:

I use MSI Afterburner, works fine for me. Can even have on the thingy in the corner showing CPU usage and framerate and stuff if I want to.

I know that's not of much help, but at least it can work. Donno what I'm doing differently.

It also worked fine for me a half a year ago and after one update at that time it simply stopped working. I tried everything from reinstalling drivers, tried bunch of different Afterburner versions and even reinstalling entire OS but nothing helped.

21 hours ago, Cydro_ said:

Warframe? Really? It's a very well optimized game and is playable on a surprisingly vast array of crappy hardware

Have you ever try this game on high end machine bro?

Edited by Dreadwire

7 hours ago, Strajder said:

It also worked fine for me a half a year ago and after one update at that time it simply stopped working. I tried everything from reinstalling drivers, tried bunch of different Afterburner versions and even reinstalling entire OS but nothing helped.

Oh, well my version of MSI Afterburner is from 2015, v4.1.1.7625. Compiled 22.5.2015 it says.

I'm using afterburner with mine (No osd though) and it's working fine in windows 10 x64.  You don't say what gpu you're using but there's been a few reports of issues with GTX 10x0 series gpu's and x86 installs had/have some issues according to patch notes. 

On 7/31/2016 at 7:21 PM, LSG501 said:

I'm using afterburner with mine (No osd though) and it's working fine in windows 10 x64.  You don't say what gpu you're using but there's been a few reports of issues with GTX 10x0 series gpu's and x86 installs had/have some issues according to patch notes. 

I have nvidia 970GTX  and its not issue with a card because afterburner is working fine with other games with no issues at all except for warframe.

The issues you describe (blackscreens followed by sounds and effects playing in the background, but no ability to do anything about it) was something I had occur to me when I upgraded to Win 10 64bit last Autumn. It drove me mad, I went to lengths of a full clean install, no programs other than drivers, different GPU setups and even tried it on my Workstation. Stock settings, manual OCs whatever I tried it kept happening. Something to the tune of 8 of every 10 missions had to be Alt-F4d. (Both my GTX 980 and 980Ti had the same issue in different systems).

I went back to Win 8.1 64bit and haven't seen the issue since - not even once. There were other issues (driver crashes etc) that happened while Win 10 was installed, including my AMD cards and I got sick of that crap so Win10 is gone. Permanently (since late October).

I checked on all three of my systems and none of them crash with Afterburner running (they're all now manually overclocked also, if that's noteworthy) - I'm wondering if you have the same Win10 issue I did. I don't know what it is, but none of my GPUs liked it - and none of them have any issues whatsoever in Win 7 or 8.1.

NB that's a lie: AMDs latest .3 drivers have borked my HTPC card so I rolled it back to .2 

12 hours ago, Arezael said:

The issues you describe (blackscreens followed by sounds and effects playing in the background, but no ability to do anything about it) was something I had occur to me when I upgraded to Win 10 64bit last Autumn. It drove me mad, I went to lengths of a full clean install, no programs other than drivers, different GPU setups and even tried it on my Workstation. Stock settings, manual OCs whatever I tried it kept happening. Something to the tune of 8 of every 10 missions had to be Alt-F4d. (Both my GTX 980 and 980Ti had the same issue in different systems).

I went back to Win 8.1 64bit and haven't seen the issue since - not even once. There were other issues (driver crashes etc) that happened while Win 10 was installed, including my AMD cards and I got sick of that crap so Win10 is gone. Permanently (since late October).

I checked on all three of my systems and none of them crash with Afterburner running (they're all now manually overclocked also, if that's noteworthy) - I'm wondering if you have the same Win10 issue I did. I don't know what it is, but none of my GPUs liked it - and none of them have any issues whatsoever in Win 7 or 8.1.

NB that's a lie: AMDs latest .3 drivers have borked my HTPC card so I rolled it back to .2 

Yup, same thing is with me. Only thing left to be the potential problem is Win10 x64, When I was on win7, never had this issue with Warframe.