The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tilset 2.0

(PSN)Igna232

Will we ever see Tilsets 2.0, I'm honestly bored with the current Tilsets, I mean, in the orokin void, all the rooms are just long hallways or big central rooms with nothing but fountains and seats, lots of seats. I like what they did with the grineer, they added the rooms, controls and stoff like that. But in the orokin void I would love to see rooms, and diverse places. Also, one more question,min the orokin void, is it the place where we are a palace or sort of a palace? Or is it where Orokin citizens lived?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Igna232 said:

Will we ever see Tilsets 2.0, I'm honestly bored with the current Tilsets, I mean, in the orokin void, all the rooms are just long hallways or big central rooms with nothing but fountains and seats, lots of seats. I like what they did with the grineer, they added the rooms, controls and stoff like that. But in the orokin void I would love to see rooms, and diverse places. Also, one more question,min the orokin void, is it the place where we are a palace or sort of a palace? Or is it where Orokin citizens lived?

They are mostly ship that got lost in the void duing void jump. The Orokin base of power is Lua because they view the void as a mysterious and dangerous entity 

The tilesets get updated, usually they make a full new tileset and then add some tiles to older tilesets, personally however if they were to do a tileset 2.0 I'd want earths tileset to be changed or modified for better textures and atmosphere, also have it that all spaceship tilesets are constricted so that when you look out a window and you see space but its looking in the same direction as where you just came from a large intersection but you can't see that part of the ship thus making it weird.

Also ever since the latest update alot of tilesets are now being used in places they weren't before e.g. phobos tiles being used for mars

Just now, LOTSL said:

The tilesets get updated, usually they make a full new tileset and then add some tiles to older tilesets, personally however if they were to do a tileset 2.0 I'd want earths tileset to be changed or modified for better textures and atmosphere, also have it that all spaceship tilesets are constricted so that when you look out a window and you see space but its looking in the same direction as where you just came from a large intersection but you can't see that part of the ship thus making it weird.

Also ever since the latest update alot of tilesets are now being used in places they weren't before e.g. phobos tiles being used for mars

I also want a more expansive earth... it alll cant be forrest

Well earth is a genetically modified forest which tears up building (which is why grineer are trying to poison it) so if anything more forest-y and have some plants move/show them actively growing through and destroying buildings

3 minutes ago, LOTSL said:

Well earth is a genetically modified forest which tears up building (which is why grineer are trying to poison it) so if anything more forest-y and have some plants move/show them actively growing through and destroying buildings

i cant be the only one who wants a volcano tileset

15 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

isnt just a underground area..

Oh, right. PS4...

On SotR, they mixed some title-sets in other planets. Mariana uses the Underwater Title-set, no Sharkwing.

on Mars there's the Europa Corpus excavation, there one in Neptune too.

I know, they make no sense. But DE put them there.

Edited by Venom-Snake

Just now, Venom-Snake said:

Oh, right. PS4...

On SotR, they mixed some title-sets in othe rplanets. Mariana uses the Underwater Title-set, no Sharkwing.

i despise the pc master race even more

16 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

Oh, right. PS4...

On SotR, they mixed some title-sets in other planets. Mariana uses the Underwater Title-set, no Sharkwing.

No sense ? Since Earth is water based and Mariana in the ocean, an underwater mission is totally ok.

Since you can find the ice mission on the pole of Mars, where you can see some "blue" in the picture ingame. And when the boss of Mars uses ice. Ok again

If you read the map every mission with another tileset is explained

Edited by Xgomme

What tileset 2.0 needs is:

Circular routes.  So no more long streaks to the end. 

More vertically interesting tiles that force us to use our parkour skills instead of just another elevator/lift. 

This should be accompanied by minimap 2.0

P.s. I hate my phone cause it made me type this twice. 

Edited by vasvaska
Extra s and an l instead of a p and an r instead of v.

23 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

No sense ? Since Earth is water based and Mariana in the ocean, an underwater mission is totally ok.

Since you can find the ice mission on the pole of Mars, where you can see some "blue" in the picture ingame. And when the boss of Mars uses ice. Ok again

If you read the map every mission with another tileset is explained

Have you looked to the skybox of the Mars/Neptune Excavation? You see Jupiter.

If you look outside the windows in Mariana you see the same labs and creatures of Uranus (this I can suspend my disbelief a little).

Some of the things i'd like to see

• Burnt-to-the-ground human settlements and colonies
  • Ancient ruins on earth.
  • More to the ice planet tileset than endless miles of crashed ships. 
  • A "fortress" tile that may spawn as a central map hub, with random tiles stemming from it. It should have believable defenses and provide an interesting tactical challenge involving parkour and sneakiness (similar to some prison tiles). My reasoning is that our enemies must be tired of being helplessly gunned down in narrow corridors with nowhere to run. They ought to have started digging in, building up defenses by now.
  • Point of entry/extraction tiles. We need a LOT more of them. Or maybe rework some of the existing tiles to be randomly used for extraction. (smashing windows for an archwing extraction has been asked for a million times at least. DE pls) This might stop every mission on a given tile from feeling exactly the same.
  • More unique things across all tilesets.  

Its becoming a very lore breaking experience to always run through rooms that seem absolutely pointless or repetitive. Our procedurally generated world needs updated procedures (no more hallway into courtyard, into another hallway into another courtyard) and a lot more stuff to work with in general. Each tile could have multiple variations of themselves in rotation: For instance, on any grineer galleon there are huge crates strewn about. We could have one variation as it is currently, one chock-full of crates in a labyrinthine manner, another with few crates but full of broken machinery and a small table with a pair of scorches playing Go Fish. 

Anything would be fine. It breaks immersion to open a random door in a far off spaceship, and instantly know the layout of the room better that your own bathroom

Edited by Sigmas71

I sincerely doubt we'll ever see current tilesets thrown out and replaced. We'll see them expanded, new ones added and Scott said recently he really wants someday to unveil how we'll be leaving the Solar system.

With a different solar system, I guess we'll be seeing new, very different tilesets.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Warframes should be able to resist some forms of heat

latest?cb=20150221043521

OT: More archwing tilesets would be appreciated. Different asteroid fields, ruined Grineer stations, Infested versions of existing tilesets, gas clouds, planet rings, etc.