Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random combustion sabotage bug?

tangosucka123

Honestly I don't know if this is a bug or just a really jacked up way to program a sabotage. Whenever I do a sabotage grineer or corpus  and reinsert the fuel cell so for some unknown reason I take fire damage the whole entire sabotage 

Which makes it virtually impossible for you to even complete the mission in solo because you take fire damaged the whole way through while being shot at by a dozens of enemies  if it is a bug I really hope they fix it soon because it is one of the most annoying bugs in the entire star system

(oh and I forgot to add this, no I am not stepping in the pools a fire that spot around the map I am simply walking around in the ship and taking damage)

Edited by tangosucka123
Forgot something

That happens to anyone. I'm guessing its part of the final section of a sabotage mission. Apparently, as soon as you destroy the cells connected to the core, a blast door closes which forces you to run to the console that opens it, hack it and then run to Extraction. I don't know if they're going to make it better, but that random combustion is indeed part of the mission. If it was a bug, I'm guessing one would start burning somewhere before reaching the reactor room.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2016 at 5:29 PM, Uhkretor said:

That happens to anyone. I'm guessing its part of the final section of a sabotage mission. Apparently, as soon as you destroy the cells connected to the core, a blast door closes which forces you to run to the console that opens it, hack it and then run to Extraction. I don't know if they're going to make it better, but that random combustion is indeed part of the mission. If it was a bug, I'm guessing one would start burning somewhere before reaching the reactor room.

I hate the random combustion (but not as much as enemies spawning from thin air), I enjoy Sabotage missions but being on fire when there is no damned fire anywhere near me is annoying and dis-empowering since the Grineer and Corpus are usually free from all immolation. Being set on fire by thin air is almost as silly as Frost taking cold damage. I like to fail because I screwed up not because of questionable design choices. It'd be one thing if I ran into the fire instead of wall running past it but to just get cooked because DE said so isn't fun. Oh and just in case you missed it, I enjoy Sabotage missions. 

There are multiple ways to complete sabotage 2.0 missions. I believe they are fire, cold, and magnetic. When you reinsert the fuel cell you choose the fire path. You can also insert a cooling cell into the reactor for the cold ending, or insert the fuel cell into the cooling thingy for the magnetic ending. You should try them out and see which one you like best. I like fire because it's fastest and I don't have trouble staying alive.

*Edit: learn more at http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Reactor_Sabotage

Edited by Lord_Azrael

On 8/2/2016 at 5:29 PM, Uhkretor said:
3 hours ago, Lord_Azrael said:

There are multiple ways to complete sabotage 2.0 missions. I believe they are fire, cold, and magnetic. When you reinsert the fuel cell you choose the fire path. You can also insert a cooling cell into the reactor for the cold ending, or insert the fuel cell into the cooling thingy for the magnetic ending. You should try them out and see which one you like best. I like fire because it's fastest and I don't have trouble staying alive.

*Edit: learn more at http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Reactor_Sabotage

Really?! The game never gives me this prompt at the reactor, its come to the point where I've stopped carrying the coolant cells around. That said still doesn't change the fact that being set on fire by air is lame and being the only one set on fire is even more lame. 

4 minutes ago, LBCake said:

Really?! The game never gives me this prompt at the reactor, its come to the point where I've stopped carrying the coolant cells around. That said still doesn't change the fact that being set on fire by air is lame and being the only one set on fire is even more lame. 

Then do one of the other endings. But it's not just you, the enemies will frequently die due to fire procs. It's just part of the conditions on the mission. The idea is you overheated the reactor. You can bring a tanky frame, or use an arcane such as barrier or aegis, or just do one of the other endings. Also there's a mod that reduces proc duration, and another that reduces fire damage.

Just now, Lord_Azrael said:

Then do one of the other endings. But it's not just you, the enemies will frequently die due to fire procs. It's just part of the conditions on the mission. The idea is you overheated the reactor. You can bring a tanky frame, or use an arcane such as barrier or aegis, or just do one of the other endings. Also there's a mod that reduces proc duration, and another that reduces fire damage.

Trust me if there's another option I'll happily choose that over being scorched alive. I'm grateful for the info.

Just now, LBCake said:

Trust me if there's another option I'll happily choose that over being scorched alive. I'm grateful for the info.

You're welcome. One of the endings (I think it's cold) turns into a defense for a bit. And the magnetic one spawns "magnetic anomalies" that pull you in and mag-proc you. You can pop the anomalies with a weapon with the right element on it - I think it's electric. Maybe magnetic. I can't really remember because I just do the fire one.  :)

Anyway you should try them all, just to experience it. I like that they put that kind of variety and interactivity in the missions.

23 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

You're welcome. One of the endings (I think it's cold) turns into a defense for a bit. And the magnetic one spawns "magnetic anomalies" that pull you in and mag-proc you. You can pop the anomalies with a weapon with the right element on it - I think it's electric. Maybe magnetic. I can't really remember because I just do the fire one.  :)

Anyway you should try them all, just to experience it. I like that they put that kind of variety and interactivity in the missions.

Lmbo from one torture to the another sweet baby Jesus, there simply is no winning!

• 2 weeks later...