Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is prisma gorgon worth the buy

tedbearr

Question

So Baro is selling the P gorgon, and we now know that you can get the regular gorgon from arid heavy gunners. Is it a good idea to invest a potato and forma it? And what levels do you bring this weapon to? Or should I buy it but sell it for platinum in the future?

10 answers to this question

It depends on you and how you like to play really.  I usually tend to favor shotguns and bows, but personally, I'm loving it.  Other rifles can do better with the dps, but I love its look, sound, and mechanism better than most of those.  And as mentioned above...

5 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Yes, it is. I see so many people underestimate it because they don't think 15% crit chance is enough to mod for.

Knood9t.png

... it is worth the time you put into it if you generally enjoy wielding it.

17 minutes ago, Taedber said:

So Baro is selling the P gorgon, and we now know that you can get the regular gorgon from arid heavy gunners. Is it a good idea to invest a potato and forma it? And what levels do you bring this weapon to? Or should I buy it but sell it for platinum in the future?

If you consult the Wiki, you will notice that the regular Gorgon is nothing compared to the Prisma variant.

12 minutes ago, Windspike said:

... it is worth the time you put into it if you generally enjoy wielding it.

I actually haven't used it. I just ran a standard crit build in WF builder to find out its potential, and apparently that's pretty good.

If you like its looks, its Grineer-heavy appearance, or feel nostalgic for the times before Damage 2.0, you'll definitely like the Prisma Gorgon.

As a general weapon though, the Soma Prime will outperform it due to slightly better damage, much better accuracy, and much better bonus headshot damage.

It's worth it. Particularly if you like Gorgons.

Damage-wise, it's very similar to the Soma, but relies more on base damage than high crit rates--though it does crit quite frequently, just not 75% of the time. It's consistent.

Of course, it's not the SomaP, but then nothing is. It is a solid 20k+ weapon and definitely worth the effort to set it up correctly.