Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things that new update should have solved...but didn't

Vasault

ok i have to admit it, this whole new update to star chart has been a pain in my &#! to be honest, i have more cons than pros to say about it, i'll make this list for the things i really wanted, and most people actually expected for this update to solve but didn't, i'll constantly add more if i remember later

- same reward everytime: this is the thing i hated the most about survival and defense mission, but specially on defense mission, where you had to run for hours and hours only to get those freaking uncommon mods, or even worst formas !!. But guess what !! is back !!, now the new system is the same thing, the exact same thing !! you pick a group, everyone comes with his own relic, and once the mission is finished, boom ! 3 formas 1 actual prime thing, what a waste of time.

- overhaul of void: we all know what happened here, void is the most useless map in the game now by far, except for argon crystals, which being really honest, is much harder to farm than all the prime parts, what a joke, i don't want to sound ironic or angry, but is the truth, constantly punishing players with this, and by the way, what's the point on having void as a map, when we have void fissures :D...

- new pet balance: i remember back when they showed up the new kavat pet, people on streaming told DE to balance the pet and set the kubrow mods to be usable for kavats too, guess what happened, new mods and new pets completely overhauled compared with kubrows, and even worst, a grinding way to get them.

-archwing overhaul: this is the one i felt more sad than angry, after all, archwing was a pretty good idea when they first showed up in the con, now when i go back and see that trailer, i feel like the went backward on every update and fixes they do to archwing, a dizzy, frustrating and boring experience overall.

-less grinding more rewards: yes and i remember when steve and rebecca said that his new update, will bring a much better way to increase the chance to get drops, and less grinding for them, but no joke, and even they know (DE) that grinding is now even worse than ever !! having to farm for prime parts is much harder and slower than ever.

i feel really sad on how many hours i've put on this game, and yet with every new update, they keep punishing players. 

TL;DR: they should care about the content we have, and stop releasing punishing or unfinished updates

Edited by Vasault

- Void fissures can appear in the void and from what I have seen most people don't seem to be having the same bad luck with rewards as you are having. I know I haven't.

- The Void will very likely be updated to have more to it. This was mentioned on a live stream.

- Archwing is still very new compared to the base game. Give it time.

Just be patient OP. This is only the first iteration of many of these systems. Things are constantly being fixed and updated.

24 minutes ago, Vasault said:

- same reward everytime: this is the thing i hated the most about survival and defense mission, but specially on defense mission, where you had to run for hours and hours only to get those freaking uncommon mods, or even worst formas !!. But guess what !! is back !!, now the new system is the same thing, the exact same thing !! you pick a group, everyone comes with his own relic, and once the mission is finished, boom ! 3 formas 1 actual prime thing, what a waste of time.

So by your own example you can decide to select the "1 actual prime thing" instead of receiving the Forma. (Not to mention not having Orokin Cells, fusion cores, or another Relic as possible outcomes). I'd seen a few threads complaining about their lack of Forma, while I'm sitting on a pile of 100+ built. Now they have the option to pick it if it comes up as needed without having to do too many runs while you can pick the prime part you want (or can use for Ducats).

24 minutes ago, Vasault said:

- overhaul of void: we all know what happened here, void is the most useless map in the game now by far, except for argon crystals

You mean it's as "useless" as even having the Starchart and any kind of alternate tileset in general? (Oh, except for Jupiter 'cause Neural Sensors). I mean sure, we could always go back to only having the Grineer Asteroid tileset (or was it Galleon?) for every single mission. They're all the same mission types anyway, they might as well look the same, too.

26 minutes ago, Vasault said:

-less grinding more rewards: yes and i remember when steve and rebecca said that his new update, will bring a much better way to increase the chance to get drops, and less grinding for them, but no joke, and even they know (DE) that grinding is now even worse than ever !! having to farm for prime parts is much harder and slower than ever.

So Fissures are taking you 20 minutes for your first chance at a part you're wanting? Then there was the chance for the part being the same for each of those 20 minute runs. Now you have the opportunity to use your "failure" runs to increase the chance of what you want dropping. It's a statistical increase though, and not supposed to be a guarantee. 

Kavats - in all honesty they're more of a use in utility in the levels, rather than offensive that much of the kubrows were

Fissures - there is still the rng element but does anyone really think DE was going to remove rng entirely? Yes they're fiddly but fissure 2.0 is a more smoother and even friendly for solo play as well. Playing with others also buffs your chance of getting other things. Increased chance to get forma? Why not! Some people don't have much forma to even use. There is some more grind but if you know how much an item is worth in ducats you pick the highest ducat item then.

Void - not much use other than argon crystals but endless missions don't need to be a thing to get prime parts which is good. 

Starchart 2.0 - visually very pretty, and given time the roadmarks to where you need to go to complete a planet and where to go is 10x clearer, you don't need a wikia to see where you have to go, and you actually have to do things rather than just beat a boss to conquer the starchart.

You're pointing out negative points, what about mentioning some positive points this update has brought?

Edited by LittleArachnid

34 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Void fissures can appear in the void

See, this is the part that confuses me about the fissures. The fissures are effectively the void trying to corrupt and invade new areas. Void fissure in void.... Isn't that pretty much declaring war on yourself? Literally everything is already corrupted in the first place. O.o

Same reward every time? They removed all the orokin cells, fusion cores and keys from the drop tables. Forma was obviously going to be a part of the new system and I don't think it's something that the majority of players doesn't want.

The void being "empty" or whatever you want to call it is something that they aren't happy with either. So there is no need to complain about that anymore. Btw it's not really more useless than any other tileset.

The new companion situation is something I also don't like. At least make Kubrows able to use mods like pounce and sharpened claws.

I really don't get what people don't like about the new archwing. I'm just happy that there now is a way to get the weapons and archwings outside of archwing, so it is easier to get into the mode.

They never said they wanted to reduce the grind. Iirc what steve said was that they wanted to reduce the "rng pain". I feel like they actually did that. It is overall much easier to get specific parts. The only one I have a problem with is ALL the vauban parts being rare, but even that is not too bad.
Most importantly the removed all the rotation C bs. You don't have to wait 20 minutes in a survival or 20 waves in a defense anymore to then have a chance at the thing you want.
The problem is now going to be getting the relics and specifically the new relics. I think they want to be very careful with that, because if it is too easy players will buy less prime access. They probably make a lot of money from people buying that stuff and I'm fine with it. It is part of the game being free to play. Outside of very few cosmetics you don't have to spend any money on the game.

17 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

See, this is the part that confuses me about the fissures. The fissures are effectively the void trying to corrupt and invade new areas. Void fissure in void.... Isn't that pretty much declaring war on yourself? Literally everything is already corrupted in the first place. O.o

I think its more instability with in the void breaking out into real space, not so much an invasion. The Orokin towers may now be in the void, but that doesn't mean they always were. Theres also always the possibility that the towers themselves were a sort of pocket dimension of real space hidden within the void. As far as I can see the fissures are essentially just sudden, unstable void portals connected to towers. So naturally that means the Orokins neural sentries can corrupt nearby organisms through the portal and corrupted can come through the portal and defend the tower/ kill any perceived threats. So its not too surprising that one tower can have a fissure open up in another tower. In most cases I assume the corrupted wold just chill and disregard each other, its just when anything not corrupted happens to be around when this happens, obviously the corrupted do their jobs as usual.

37 minutes ago, LittleArachnid said:

Kavats - in all honesty they're more of a use in utility in the levels, rather than offensive that much of the kubrows were

Fissures - there is still the rng element but does anyone really think DE was going to remove rng entirely? Yes they're fiddly but fissure 2.0 is a more smoother and even friendly for solo play as well. Playing with others also buffs your chance of getting other things. Increased chance to get forma? Why not! Some people don't have much forma to even use. There is some more grind but if you know how much an item is worth in ducats you pick the highest ducat item then.

Void - not much use other than argon crystals but endless missions don't need to be a thing to get prime parts which is good. 

Starchart 2.0 - visually very pretty, and given time the roadmarks to where you need to go to complete a planet and where to go is 10x clearer, you don't need a wikia to see where you have to go, and you actually have to do things rather than just beat a boss to conquer the starchart.

You're pointing out negative points, what about mentioning some positive points this update has brought?

you want the positive point? the new star chart ui, i love it, but is full of bugs, and pretty much that, i didn't liked the new marketplace, i learned how to use it, but still don't like it

and by the way, we're not talking about rng or grinding, these games are about rng and grinding, but not at a point where the frustration and time lost comes to a point where you pretty much get sick of the game, having to farm for rare prime parts now, is even harder now, counter me that now, cause i told you the truth

8 minutes ago, Vasault said:

you want the positive point? the new star chart ui, i love it, but is full of bugs, and pretty much that, i didn't liked the new marketplace, i learned how to use it, but still don't like it

and by the way, we're not talking about rng or grinding, these games are about rng and grinding, but not at a point where the frustration and time lost comes to a point where you pretty much get sick of the game, having to farm for rare prime parts now, is even harder now, counter me that now, cause i told you the truth

"Counter me" What the...I'm expressing my thoughts on this update , explicitly my experiences with the new update and that includes the rng aspect. I asked you what you liked about the update so it's not another "negative" post about the update. This isn't a debate and I'm not treating it like one.

Edited by LittleArachnid

21 minutes ago, Vasault said:

So <10 minutes for 4 chances at an item (assuming you did form a squad with the same relic and not accounting for increased Relic Refinement) is harder and more time-wasting than spending an hour at only 3 chances?

Edited by Maicael

I honestly don't see many of the problems you are stating. Getting Prime parts is much easier with squads in play, and later you can increase the rare part chances even more. The only problem I have is with the Archwing movement system being.. unreliable, but recently DE said they were working on improving it, and the Fissure system in general.