Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Who Leave Conclave Matches Should Lose Standing, Seeing As Conclave Is A Test Of Skill & Honor & Leaving Matches Shows Dishonor + Cowardice

Master-Nachash

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely. Players who quit mid-match should lose standing. This is true of all other pvp shooters I play. For example in H5 if you leave a CSR arena match you will lose standing to your next CSR rank. For players who leave due to a genuine disconnection it sucks, but it's a small one time punishment, because if you are genuinely not a quitter, this won't be happening to you very much. In all of H5 and I've been playing since last November I have only lost CSR standing 3 times due to an actual disconnection. And yes, they sucked and I was irritated I lost standing, but you see if you aren't a quitter it will only happen to you a few times, but it will catch all the people who are actually quitting all the freaking time. So 100% this.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:55 PM, (XB1)Aeries Vendetta said:

You bring up a good point. I'm sick of people talking trash to me and when we get into a match and I crush their soul they back out in the last minute. Its gross and their should be a loss of standing and a time penalty that u have to wait before you are allowed back in. 

With the disconnects many games quick reconnect features to help with bad networks so it's not a problem.  DE has teams that focus on many things this shouldn't be too much of a problem for them. 

Absolutely man. In H5 if you leave mid-match of a CSR playlist you will lose standing to your next CSR. It doesn't matter if it's a genuine disconnect or not. And here is why it works. I've been playing H5 since last November, and I've only lost CSR standing 3 times due to a genuine disconnect. Those 3 times suck, but if you aren't a real quitter, you will only suffer it a few times. And this will absolutely catch all the people who quit all the time like it's their jobs. Myself getting punished 3 times is a small price to pay when I think about all the people who quit because that's what they actually like to do.

7 minutes ago, Master-Nachash said:

You should see what I'm like in-game with my squads lmao.

Unfortunately I'm a console player so that probably will never happen. But I will say this, people leaving on Warframe is far more sufferable than people leaving a CSR match in H5. Because in H5 there is absolutely no replacement for that person, once he or she is gone you are playing 3v4 if another leaves 2v4, and you need good team coordination to control spawn points for both powerups and power weapons. In warframe you are not punished to the same degree because 1) there is a possibility for a replacement and 2) there are no key power weapon spawns sort of speak to control. Also I'm a better warframe player than H5 lol, so I can handle it more if someone leaves my squad in conclave. But I usually play FFA only these days to avoid those kinds of situations.

My main reason for hating people leaving is 1) because this game is peer-to-peer a lot of times when someone leaves it causes major lag problems sometimes 2) it can cause host migrations which in turn can kick a player back to their ship without any reward and 3) it absolutely affects the remaining players even in FFA. Because I've had games where everyone left within like 2 minutes cause they weren't doing well and I've had to restart a match only to have everyone leave again. So players end up wasting a significant amount of time just trying to get into a good game.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

Unfortunately I'm a console player so that probably will never happen. But I will say this, people leaving on Warframe is far more sufferable than people leaving a CSR match in H5. Because in H5 there is absolutely no replacement for that person, once he or she is gone you are playing 3v4 if another leaves 2v4, and you need good team coordination to control spawn points for both powerups and power weapons. In warframe you are not punished to the same degree because 1) there is a possibility for a replacement and 2) there are no key power weapon spawns sort of speak to control. Also I'm a better warframe player than H5 lol, so I can handle it more if someone leaves my squad in conclave. But I usually play FFA only these days to avoid those kinds of situations.

My main reason for hating people leaving is 1) because this game is peer-to-peer a lot of times when someone leaves it causes major lag problems sometimes 2) it can cause host migrations which in turn can kick a player back to their ship without any reward and 3) it absolutely affects the remaining players even in FFA. Because I've had games where everyone left within like 2 minutes cause they weren't doing well and I've had to restart a match only to have everyone leave again. So players end up wasting a significant amount of time just trying to get into a good game.

Yeah it's really annoying.

Fair play to those who have genuine connection problems. But most don't leave because of that. It's pretty easy to keep track of other players and see the general patterns of behaviour they exhibit. Most leavers leave when either #1 they have a challenge on their hands, when they actually have to play properly to win because they're not up against scrubs, or #2 because they're having their butt handed to them. They'll play for a while, but then suddenly they'll become inactive, or you'll see them trying to hide. Then they just leave. I've seen the same players do this multiple times within the same evening as well. I've even had players leave almost as soon as I join, seemingly because in previous matches I've beaten them over and over again. As in, I spawn, I see them, I kill them, then they leave, and then a few matches later they do the exact same thing again. If they have genuine connection issues they tend to leave at weird times, like in the middle of a firefight, or when they're winning, or when they have the cephalon.

But on top of that, there seems to be a trend of laziness in conclave, and that is basically "I'm gonna reduce the amount of effort I have to put in as much as possible", which usually entails using cheesy, easy kill loadouts such as Rhino / Rhino P with Boltor / Telos Boltor / Boltor P that require no skill at all but rather just-stand-there-and-shoot plays (I dunno if you've noticed yet but in almost every single match there's one or two Rhino / Boltor combos, or simply "wow I'm up against challenging opponents, I'm outta here.", players leaving when they realise this isn't gonna be an easy match. People seem to only want to play conclave when they don't actually have to "play" it. And when they do, when they're forced to play "properly", they leave.

Edited by Master-Nachash

"New Penalty/Reward System!

Another common gripe that has sometimes been affecting our competitive PvP modes was one that affects almost all games of this nature; rage quitters. While any system we introduce won't be able to completely solve this issue we've enacted a consequence system that will hopefully curb some of the more numerous instances:

• We now track players who quit out of matches including those using the Alt-F4 method.
  • The Penalty system has 2 stages; a warning and a penalty applied state:
    • The warning stage will appear on the Landing Craft after the game detects that you've quit out of a match prematurely.
    • The Penalty Applied state will kick in after a certain % of your last games are determined to have been prematurely left. This state results in an XP Penalty of 75%.
    • Player's can climb back out of the Penalty Applied state by completing a corresponding amount of full matches.
  • While also negatively affecting rage quitters, we want to encourage those who continue to play while short on players and those who play multiple matches in a row.
    • Completing a match you were short on will result in a +20% boost to XP and Standing.
    • Completing subsequent matches will results in 10% more XP and Standing after the first match."

They did it. DE actually did it!!! Now rage quitters / leavers will receive penalties!!!! Yes, thank you DE!!!

i cant believe they will actually punish the ones willing to suffer the chances of this miserable lag fest while at the same time after 1.7 years asking for dedicated hosting they released for lunaro and not for conclave, someone should be patting himself in the back for this non sense

9 minutes ago, rockscl said:

i cant believe they will actually punish the ones willing to suffer the chances of this miserable lag fest while at the same time after 1.7 years asking for dedicated hosting they released for lunaro and not for conclave, someone should be patting himself in the back for this non sense

Does the Ping limit option work for Conclave?

Just now, rockscl said:

Yes but the pvp mode uses over 100kb/s per player, so despite the ping to the host ingame the bandwidth usage grows and you can get a lot of lag

Good point...I did notice on some people that the more players they hosted as time went on the laggier it became.  Hope the volunteer servers get to Conclave soon.

Finish 2 challenges(host migration made me the host), everyone leaves after the game so I also exit. Game shows my standing cap still full...
Somenthing passed trough testing, it isn't fair to lock people from leaving AFTER a game is finished. (nor would it be it the host is terrible, like under my connection. I also wouldn't punish the 2 guys that left.)

Welp, human error on my part.

Edited by EineSohn

19 hours ago, rockscl said:

First you get a warning and then it's based off of a percentage of your games left. You can undo the process by completing games. Everyone has things come up where they have to leave and this won't affect those people. The people that want to leave games back to back to back deserve this as no normal person would leave that much unless they were actually rage quitting. You know those people that leave right at the end of the match to spite you. They're the worst if they cause a host migration which potentially messes up everyone's challenge progress.