Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki needs a nerf big time

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

So i play a lot of hours on conclave probably more that regular game because it's less grind and more diversity but recently I have seen the same scumbag builds poping up 

they all focus around loki and his invisible because unlike ash or ivara lokis invisible has no negative side effects when used and it lasts forever at the cost of only 50 energy which to me is insane

his invisible lasts to long and he can stay invisible while shooting or using melee (unlike ash or ivara) and he is incredibly fast and can literally move faster than any projectile which leads to build like this (prime or not primed)

.loki,soma,akstiletto,single sword

.loki,daikyu,akastiletto,single sword 

now personally I can handle these builds and I can probably be the best using them but this needs to stop because new players have no way in defending themselves from this and it's pro why people don't wanna try conclave so please DE nerf Loki 

So i play a lot of hours on conclave probably more that regular game because it's less grind and more diversity but recently I have seen the same scumbag builds poping up 

they all focus around loki and his invisible because unlike ash or ivara lokis invisible has no negative side effects when used and it lasts forever at the cost of only 50 energy which to me is insane

his invisible lasts to long and he can stay invisible while shooting or using melee (unlike ash or ivara) and he is incredibly fast and can literally move faster than any projectile which leads to build like this (prime or not primed)

.loki,soma,akstiletto,single sword

.loki,daikyu,akastiletto,single sword 

now personally I can handle these builds and I can probably be the best using them but this needs to stop because new players have no way in defending themselves from this and it's pro why people don't wanna try conclave so please DE nerf Loki 

Edited by theclinton
fixed title

Honestly, Loki's Invisibility doesn't dominate in Conclave the way it does in PvE, since we're humans and not A.I.. Invisible Loki can still be heard. Doors still open for invisible Loki. And if nothing else, stay mobile so you're a harder target.

2 minutes ago, maxedpotato said:

don't like it? don't use it. stop asking for nerfs, you'll only ruin the fun for others once they get through.

This is a Conclave thread. "Don't like it? Don't use it." is just petty, tbh.

Invisibility in Conclave shows a blurred figure (may vary based on graphics settings). Loki's Invisibility also seems to end when he takes enough damage. Radial Disarm could do with a nerf though, as high damage, restriction to melee for a long duration and a knockdown is quite extreme, even for 100 energy.

1 minute ago, Prof_Blocks_007 said:

This is a Conclave thread. "Don't like it? Don't use it." is just petty, tbh.

Invisibility in Conclave shows a blurred figure (may vary based on graphics settings). Loki's Invisibility also seems to end when he takes enough damage. Radial Disarm could do with a nerf though, as high damage, restriction to melee for a long duration and a knockdown is quite extreme, even for 100 energy.

oh i see. tl;dr

Edited by maxedpotato

Yeah, invisibility definitely has problems, but I don't think it's too bad. It's certainly annoying, but you can just run away or focus on being hard to hit until it wears off. Or, if they're using a continuous fire weapon like an auto, their muzzle flash will reveal them very easily and only a little bit of damage will take them out of invis.

The real problem with Loki is his radial disarm; for some reason, instead of actually being tuned to disarm, it's just a short range high damage ability with disarm as a side effect. It could actually be very useful if its main purpose was disarm, by massively increasing the range and lowering the damage down to almost nothing.

Use trinity link or banshee silence abilities. They hate it so much sometime they leave ;) loki invisibility isnt op just hard to see where they're at most of the time lol

daikyu needs to get nerfed 6feet under and layered with steel reinforced concrete. 

Edited by (PS4)Boy_Joker

Does the console make Loki invis more of a "Predator" invis where they're translucent but you can still see the outline?  Or is it full invis with no gun flash or even dust on the ground?

On PC's, Loki invis is more of a minor thing that doesn't actually guarantee protection...but also with specific settings like Depth of View.

3 hours ago, Phasedragon said:

The real problem with Loki is his radial disarm; for some reason, instead of actually being tuned to disarm, it's just a short range high damage ability with disarm as a side effect. It could actually be very useful if its main purpose was disarm, by massively increasing the range and lowering the damage down to almost nothing.

Oh, if only Loki's RD was more for disarming than damage...  It would be a battlefield manipulation rather than a self-centered grenade...and I think Loki's theme was supposed to be about manipulation, not damage.

Loki's invisibility is fine. Just like Ivara/Ash, it has a distinctive shimmer effect even with low-brightness energy and it is easy to track the Loki if he casts it while in sight. If he casts it as the prelude to a sneak attack, then... well, that's just one of the things it is meant to do.

I would not be personally opposed to invisibility powers in Conclave functioning more like an "action = visibility" buff, but none of them - Loki's included - is really problematic right now.

10 minutes ago, Krysyth said:

Loki's invisibility is fine. Just like Ivara/Ash, it has a distinctive shimmer effect even with low-brightness energy and it is easy to track the Loki if he casts it while in sight. If he casts it as the prelude to a sneak attack, then... well, that's just one of the things it is meant to do.

I would not be personally opposed to invisibility powers in Conclave functioning more like an "action = visibility" buff, but none of them - Loki's included - is really problematic right now.

Except Ivara's have drawbacks (move slow or stay on a marked area) and Ash's Smoke Screen is pointless 95% of the time (but that's Ash's Abilities' theme in Conclave aparently). I don't really mind Loki's invisibility, but Decoy and Disarm need to be looked at. Decoy either shouldn't deal damage or should be squishier (unless Deceptive Bond is equiped) and Disarm should stick to it's PvE counterpart: Large AoE and Disarm and little to no damage.

6 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Except Ivara's have drawbacks (move slow or stay on a marked area) and Ash's Smoke Screen is pointless 95% of the time (but that's Ash's Abilities' theme in Conclave aparently). I don't really mind Loki's invisibility, but Decoy and Disarm need to be looked at. Decoy either shouldn't deal damage or should be squishier (unless Deceptive Bond is equiped) and Disarm should stick to it's PvE counterpart: Large AoE and Disarm and little to no damage.

I agree that Ivara's and Ash's abilities do probably deserve a second pass. I should have clarified that I do not think that any of the invisibility-granting powers are problematic in an overpowered fashion as the OP alleges. Woops.

Disarm is probably too strong for the cast time, but considering the recent melee changes it would be almost a net-negative to use it if it did not include the radial nuke. I would leave it untouched until melee is in a healthier place in terms of interactivity. 

Decoy is strong when used well, but the recent Duration nerfs were a step in the right direction. Maybe cap its firing rate, since that's a bit absurd with weapons like the Lato or Furis series right now, but past that I do not think it needs much tweaking since it is really his only effective ability other than Disarm.

45 minutes ago, Krysyth said:

I agree that Ivara's and Ash's abilities do probably deserve a second pass. I should have clarified that I do not think that any of the invisibility-granting powers are problematic in an overpowered fashion as the OP alleges. Woops.

Disarm is probably too strong for the cast time, but considering the recent melee changes it would be almost a net-negative to use it if it did not include the radial nuke. I would leave it untouched until melee is in a healthier place in terms of interactivity. 

Decoy is strong when used well, but the recent Duration nerfs were a step in the right direction. Maybe cap its firing rate, since that's a bit absurd with weapons like the Lato or Furis series right now, but past that I do not think it needs much tweaking since it is really his only effective ability other than Disarm.

- Ivara is fine. I will wait for Ash's rework (I hope DE notices my suggestion, since as far as I know I'm the only one who has bothered to take Conclave balancing into account for a suggestion)

- Well, the Disarm could be increased in range, and the damage depend on how close you are to Loki, so a melee player would take the same damage they take now, but a gunplayer using range would suffer little to no damage. It could be a Fun but balanced gimmick.

-I agree. Capping the firerate would be enough to less ridiculous levels would be enough.