Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Simulor build?

Webby_Frame

Question

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this. Regardless, you may say that there are a lot of threads on this topic, but since the Simulor got nerfed a few weeks ago, I'm not sure if those builds still work with the nerfed version.

So, I'd like if you could share your builds for this weapon.

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

Just a pointer-- A standard Point Strike + Vital Sense will do slightly more damage than if those two mods were replaced with elementals. Slightly more damage, at the cost of a huge chunk of minimum damage (and, therefore, reliability).

Crit builds were popular on this weapon because of explosive weapons automatically dealing headshots, and critical headshots deal 4x base damage (as opposed to the 2x base damage that non-crit headshots deal)-- meaning that a build that enhanced crit chance and damage would yield WAY more damage than a non-crit build for a weapon that always nailed headshots such as the SSimulor.

But: the headshot thing was recently fixed, meaning that SSimulor AoEs will no longer score headshots unless you deliberately merge/detonate the orbs directly above the enemy's head (which is simply not going to happen very much). So, I'd recommend staying away from standard crit builds-- and even with Argon Scope, you need to be very good at positioning the orbs to get that crit bonus working.

Here's a standard build template. Remember that crit builds are not nearly as viable as they once were for this weapon, so I'd shy away from those mods if I were you.

- Serration

- Heavy Caliber

- Speed Trigger / Vile Acceleration (This drastically increases your sandbag DPS, and allows you to easily and consistently create orb merges while on the move. VERY strongly recommended.)

- Element1

- Element2

- Element3 / crit chance

- Element4 / crit damage

- Your choice (Argon Scope, Shred, Element5, Bane of _______, etc)

Edited by SortaRandom

For S. Simulor it's pretty much the same build -> Serration, Heavy Caliber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Elemental Mods (not sure about Split chamber if anything has changed - before it was pretty much waste of mod slot).

You can check other builds here: http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Synoid_Simulor just click search builds on the left side

edit: After taking a quick look at some older threads it appears most ppl run Vile Acceleration instead of Split Chamber.

Edited by --Sokol

who aims with argon scope on that weapon???? and how are you getting a head shot with it, while aiming to get the crit chance proc to go off????

if new to the weapon (with syndicate or simaris version) - serration, hvy cal, all fire rate mods, then what ever eley damage mods you can fit.   (skip on multi shot mods unless it has been fixed...)

with high fire rate you can pop off 2 rounds to combine for the explosion aoe,  very useful while moving around on the map.  

even with out many damage mods.. the stacks alone can be enough to kill most mobs, if they stay in it long enough. and being held in place your team mates will have an easy target

2 hours ago, Webby_Frame said:

What about "Primed Fast Hands"? I like to reload faster. Can I use it instead of Speed Trigger or Vile Acceleration? 

P.S.: What's a sandbag dps?  And thanks for the builds, I'll test all of them. 

Primed Fast hands works pretty well, too. I personally wouldn't use it instead of Speed Trigger / Vile Acceleration (fire rate is far too important on this weapon), but it would fit very nicely in that "Your choice" slot.

By the way, "sandbag" / "punchbag" targets are simply targets that sit still and don't fight back. Like, if you're practicing boxing in real life or something and you're hitting one of those big sandbag/punchbag things that dangle from the ceiling. In video games, it basically refers to an ideal situation in which the player is able to shoot their target nonstop without any interruption.

10 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

Primed Fast hands works pretty well, too. I personally wouldn't use it instead of Speed Trigger / Vile Acceleration (fire rate is far too important on this weapon), but it would fit very nicely in that "Your choice" slot.

By the way, "sandbag" / "punchbag" targets are simply targets that sit still and don't fight back. Like, if you're practicing boxing in real life or something and you're hitting one of those big sandbag/punchbag things that dangle from the ceiling. In video games, it basically refers to an ideal situation in which the player is able to shoot their target nonstop without any interruption.

I'll change an elemental mod for the Speed Trigger mod (just to test it). I'm currently using a crit build, and I'm finally doing some massive DPS.

Thanks everyone.  

23 hours ago, (PS4)Whattamattu said:

who aims with argon scope on that weapon???? and how are you getting a head shot with it, while aiming to get the crit chance proc to go off????

if new to the weapon (with syndicate or simaris version) - serration, hvy cal, all fire rate mods, then what ever eley damage mods you can fit.   (skip on multi shot mods unless it has been fixed...)

with high fire rate you can pop off 2 rounds to combine for the explosion aoe,  very useful while moving around on the map. 

even with out many damage mods.. the stacks alone can be enough to kill most mobs, if they stay in it long enough. and being held in place your team mates will have an easy target

Before the fix it would trigger Argon Scope while you were taking a bath and pressing fire. If you are on PS4 as I am Crit builds still are WAYYYY better than just elementals...