Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reporting Player

ScottyBoyWF

Question

Hi, I recently met a player who I suspected for hacking/using third-party program. I saw him gone literally invisible, only his name tag is displayed on my screen, take no damage at all, checked menu screen and his name was still there in the squad. Tried to report player but there was no option for hacking or anything related.... Where should I report this? Thanks in advance!

7 minutes ago, ScottyBoyWF said:

I was playing loki P myself .... Playing loki when invisible we can still kinda see his shape/ ragdoll/ body , but for this guy, there is nothing at all except his name tag 

I play Loki with my squad and they can't see me when i go invisible because i am using the black color although they are playing Loki too, they only see my tag.

I play ash and it has a trickery arcane, it makes me invisible for 20 second each time most of the game, and they can't see me too because i am using also black color

any frame using black color will go totally invisible even to the squad member

So think twice before reporting a player as it may fire back to you.

PS: why you need to report that guy? did he hurt you in any way? just wondering

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

I play Loki with my squad and they can't see me when i go invisible because i am using the black color although they are playing Loki too

I play ash and it has a trickery arcane, it makes me invisible for 20 second each time most of the game

So think twice before reporting a player as it may fire back to you

Ah I think I failed to describe The Suspect clearly, my bad :(. Loki P white color with carrier if I not wrong. Did a small test on him: ran and stand on his suppose location ( his name was hovering above me), took damage and die while he clearly unaffected, he also chatted with me so connection was ok. didnt deal any damage at all since he started to "disappear". I do believe I saw him teleport but I could be wrong... Oh and we were doing vayhek mission on Earth on bright daylight so dark color is visible .

Edited by ScottyBoyWF
additional info

earlier You said totally invisible, now you say white...... !!!!! QUOTE: but for this guy, there is nothing at all except his name tag  UNQUOTE

Whatever the case is,,, you did not answer my question:

Did that player do anything wrong to u? hurt you? insulted u? or simply he did not kill?

Lots of players don't kill, they just join to be carried.

And one more thing, what will you gain if you report him? how can u prove he was a hacker?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

earlier You said totally invisible, now you say white...... !!!!! QUOTE: but for this guy, there is nothing at all except his name tag  UNQUOTE

Did that player do anything wrong to u? hurt you? insulted u? or simply he did not kill?

And one more thing, what will you gain if you report him? how can u prove he was a hacker?

Chill, bro. It's a suspected hacker. And maybe this guy isn't aware of how Black energy works? Or maybe he is, and the guy was actually hacking. Warframe is not immune to Hackers. So... And as for him being able to say the Loki was White, maybe they didn't skip the intro to the mission where you are able to see all players? And maybe he saw that the Loki was a While Loki before he went permanently invisible.

It doesn't matter if the player hurt or insulted him, or simply didn't kill. The point is that he may be hacking, which can kill the game for some people. What's the point of playing if you're just gonna hack? If the hacker enjoys doing that, other players may simply not appreciate it.

There's nothing to gain when you report anyone on any game ever. It simply suspends or bans the hacker, giving the game one less Hacker to worry about, making the game more enjoyable for the most part, for a lot of people.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

You did not even mention your question on the previous post. " So think twice before reporting a player as it may fire back to you " If that was your question then sorry, my English is not good enough. He wasn't invisible at first, that is why I can describe him. And I have been playing this game for a year, so I can at least tell if a player behaviour is quetionable. And "And one more thing, what will you gain if you report him? how can u prove he was a hacker?" is just an unwise statement. As a player who support and enjoy the game, If I saw a person who may have the potential to ruin the game, I will report.

4 minutes ago, ScottyBoyWF said:

You did not even mention your question on the previous post. " So think twice before reporting a player as it may fire back to you " If that was your question then sorry, my English is not good enough. He wasn't invisible at first, that is why I can describe him. And I have been playing this game for a year, so I can at least tell if a player behaviour is quetionable. And "And one more thing, what will you gain if you report him? how can u prove he was a hacker?" is just an unwise statement. As a player who support and enjoy the game, If I saw a person who may have the potential to ruin the game, I will report.

since you saw him at the start, can you have a best guess of what was the frame he was using?

A Rhino will not take damage and will go invisible if he has trickery arcane (just an example)

Identifying the frame makes it easy to imagine what happened (just being curious :)  )

Just now, (XB1)Oussii said:

since you saw him at the start, can you have a best guess of what was the frame he was using?

A Rhino will not take damage and will go invisible if he has trickery arcane (just an example)

Identifying the frame makes it easy to imagine what happened (just being curious :)  )

As I mentioned above, Loki Prime just like my self. Imagine this, a player in game, there is literally nothing but air ( seen from all angles)  and his/her name tag hovering above, and the name tag keeps jumping form locations to locations.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Or you could just push Esc (or Start, in your case) and look at the top of the screen, select the suspected player and see what it lists his selected Warframe as...?

Dude. Give it up and read this again.

9 minutes ago, PickleMonster21 said:

You can report them, and DE will monitor it from their end, and do some investigating. I'm sure they don't just insta-suspent/ban everyone who's ever gotten reported.

7 minutes ago, ScottyBoyWF said:

As I mentioned above, Loki Prime just like my self. Imagine this, a player in game, there is literally nothing but air ( seen from all angles)  and his/her name tag hovering above, and the name tag keeps jumping form locations to locations.

How often was he jumping? Could be switch teleporting.

2 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

How often was he jumping? Could be switch teleporting.

I did say I'm not so sure about the teleporting part... Loki need a clone to be able to switch as if there wasl no enemy nearby, and there wasn't any clone at all, so I'm kinda suspect it was just "teleport" . He "jumped" like 2,3 times as I tried to lure the boss near him to see if he took any damage.

That thread reminded me a sweet time when I was newbie and firstly met Mesa in random void party... I was sooo disappointed :D and, I admit, I almost reached the "report" button. Thanks to my friend explained to me what is happening here. Some things in Warframe looks so OP after playing other games.

Man, maybe you need to watch closely for your teammates next time. This game has a lot of things allowing you to be invisible and avoid damage. Many players cannot afford these things, and so they cannot test them personally, and therefore cannot understand how it works. It's not your fault, it comes with time and experience (and some platinum in your pocket, haha).

Also, poor connection doesn't prevent players to chat. I've seen players being randomly dragged across the map because of a bad ping, it looked like a natural speedhack, but it's not.