Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Osprey Carrier

Epsik-kun

Are these guys fine? After some of the later updates, Mutalist Osprey Carriers sometimes decide to shoot around 7~14 times in a row with no pauses. On Hieracon this means up to 1500 damage prior to mitigation over a span of roughly one second at their starting level.

If it's intended behavior - so be it. However it looks as it is rather not. I faced no cases of such behavior of Carriers before starting the first excavation.

Spoiler

Edited by Epsik-kun

1 minute ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

I honestly don't think that Ospreys should be able to stack certain attacks. The Mutalist Osprey gas clouds can stack to the point where it can kill Inaros in seconds, and Sapping Osprey mines can stack to the point where it becomes instant death to even stick a toe in.

I agree!  I went to a ODE and a mutalist osprey took me down to 400 health because of that cloud!!!!  It's easily one of my least favorite enemies... right next to the Scorcher and it's AoE hitting me when I'm nowhere near by haha.  

Sortie 2(And up) Sapping Ospreys are literally Hyperion Competitor Deterrence Fields

basically death walls, but they're actually Zones. Zones placed in Areas like Defense targets.

Where if you don't have an Inaros Spectre that can eat pretty much everything, and revive defense targets Fission Mailed.

And even that level 100 Inaros Spectre will slowly corrode to dust right in front of you.

On 04/08/2016 at 2:56 PM, PsychedelicSnake said:

I honestly don't think that Ospreys should be able to stack certain attacks. The Mutalist Osprey gas clouds can stack to the point where it can kill Inaros in seconds, and Sapping Osprey mines can stack to the point where it becomes instant death to even stick a toe in.

Sapping Ospreys wouldn't even be that bad if we could at least jump to avoid the field. But we can't unless you're way up above them.

As for the Mutalist Ospreys just lower the status chance. Who in DE thought it'd be a good idea to give them 100% status chance and for the proc to stack as fast as it does?

• 1 month later...

Well Ospreys are just another problem with mob scaling. They are really easy on low levels and to compensate that they attack a lot (or that's just a bug idk). But later in game it's just ridiculous.

Maybe they should have bigger delays between attacks or their attacks shouldn't stack.

I'm surprised people are complaining about nullifiers while we have really broken corpus units like this

8 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

I'm surprised people are complaining about nullifiers while we have really broken corpus  infested* units like this

Because mutalist ospreys are tough. Nullies are just dumb.

But honestly, i'd rather not have frost ALSO be mandatory in an infested defense... I like frost, i really do. But all the CC mitigation (disruptor) and now a shooting unit on the infested side makes him pretty much mandatory again.

Edited by IceColdHawk

4 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

Mutalist Osprey Carriers are precisely not a mob scaling problem.

Why? They are attacking a lot, spawn a lot AND deal crazy damage. One of that should be changed. They are just a nuisance on easy missions, but on high-level bunch of them can suddenly obliterate you.

6 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

Why? They are attacking a lot, spawn a lot AND deal crazy damage

And nothing of these requires them to scale anywhere. They are several heads above anything else in the mission right at the start. They used to attack once in like two seconds. Now they attack 4 times in a second.

On 8/4/2016 at 9:49 AM, Epsik-kun said:

Are these guys fine? After some of the later updates, Mutalist Osprey Carriers sometimes decide to shoot around 7~14 times in a row with no pauses. On Hieracon this means up to 1500 damage prior to mitigation over a span of roughly one second at their starting level.

If it's intended behavior - so be it. However it looks as it is rather not. I faced no cases of such behavior of Carriers before starting the first excavation.

Reveal hidden contents

Which is exactly why Frost is starting to be a requirement on most mission. Cant even use Limbo because he was nerfed to &#*&*&. They swarm in like suicide bombers.

i was surprised as well in the update some time ago how the mutalist osprey carriers have become so powerful.  i am assuming they are to be the attack drone variant of infested, but damn, going into hieracon without a defensive-barrier frame can be a hellish experience initially since it seems that enemy type utterly spawns and swarms so often immediately. 

i don't like using frost and limbo if i don;t have to  ;o;