Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ramparts: Futility Incarnate

(PSN)Alphonso-Alonso

Question

So, do the droves of fanboys have a solution for this problem besides "Git Gude" or am I wasting my time again?

I walk through tileset door that has a small LOW CEILING hallway leading to not one but two ramparts as well as one of those electrical mines that really doesn't hurt you that much. The pre-fire is real, the DPS and bleed damage kills me in a second. I respawn and have no other path forward other than to eat two more revives while trying to kill both rampart pilots.  

Question: WHAT THE F***?

I @(*()$ hate how people have *@##$ed about how easy the game was the point where unplayable bullS#&$ like this is where we are now. This game practically defies me to keep playing some days and the burnout is occurring so much sooner between long periods of not playing anymore. Now go ahead and insult me before this issue is ultimately ignored and we all carry on into this future of confusing aggravation with challenge.

EXTRA POINTS IF YOU COPY AND PASTE A TIRED MEME AS A RETORT :D

Edited by (PS4)El__Lobo_Loco

3 answers to this question

your not alone was playing ceres with friends walked through a door bang gunned down in seconds by a rampart halfway across the room literally had a second to react which is kind of unfair i mean how was i supposed to guess there was a rampart aiming at the door halfway across the room and you could try to memorize the spot but nope they change too so they can surprise you again.

I've been thinking about these with every encounter. I'd suggest limit the turn speed (no more instant turns) and add a 2-3 second spool up to max fire rate. This would give you a warning of their position and allow you to flank them to get behind to take out the gunner.

Currently they only dismount when you get close, but this doesn't keep them from mounting one a few meters away from you and doing a 180 degree turn in an instant.

I also noticed today that they will constantly fire at your last known location, but there isn't always cover for you to hide behind to take advantage of this and sneak up on them. The instant turns also make this dangerous.

Edited by Prof_Blocks_007
Instant not instance

I'm not entirely opposed to the ramparts, aside from them being completely indestructible from the front, having insanely high damage resistance and health, taking absolutely no critical damage whatsoever, dealing massive amounts of damage in a very short time, shredding max health/armor/power srength Inaros to pieces in just five seconds, and doing an instant 180 every now and then even without being dismounted. Basically, everything is wrong with them.