Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

12 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

I've always thought that the twin queens were weird , i men they are technically orokin , but they didn't die , and also , half this thread speculated that umbra killed the orokin , why didn't the queens die ? 

they are also possibly loreists which are orokin creations 

...ill sifr through the discussion.... i posted the info a ways back ...

8 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Whut are loreists , Teach me senpai

K. You directed this question towards Mako, forgive me if I'm being rude, but....

Lorists were a kind of genetically and cybernetically modified healer during the Orokin Era. Their implanted Lorist augments allowed them to manipulate and heal the injured bodies of others, but it left them looking less than 100% human, skin ribbed with the obvious cybernetics. The high caste Orokin thus looked down on them, because high caste Orokin were purists about looking human, looking as purely, beautifully human as possible. It's heavily implied that assimilating Lorists is how the Infestation learned to make Ancient Healers.

The Queens might very well have survived the Tenno uprising because we've known for a very long time that the slaughter at the Rail Terminus did not kill all of the Orokin, just the really high caste ones. This caused the empire to collapse, not just because the leaders were dead but because all of the really important infrastructure, the command decks of Orokin ships, the Solar Rails, all of the control and command lines were hardwired to only accept commands from sufficiently high caste orokin. Kill everyone with the genetically locked access, and the entire system goes into lockdown, while the Grineer rebellion takes care of everyone else.

Cephalon Simaris helps us unlock historical fragments through the Synthesis Imprints. Read all of the Imprints which have been uncovered so far here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Synthesis

See also the Codex entries of the Prime Warframes Ember, Rhino, Mag, and Excalibur, for more information on the development and deployment of the Warframe project itself.

It all came from logs uncovered in the game, now backed up to the wiki.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

K. You directed this question towards Mako, forgive me if I'm being rude, but....

Lorists were a kind of genetically and cybernetically modified healer during the Orokin Era. Their implanted Lorist augments allowed them to manipulate and heal the injured bodies of others, but it left them looking less than 100% human, skin ribbed with the obvious cybernetics. The high caste Orokin thus looked down on them, because high caste Orokin were purists about looking human, looking as purely, beautifully human as possible. It's heavily implied that assimilating Lorists is how the Infestation learned to make Ancient Healers.

The Queens might very well have survived the Tenno uprising because we've known for a very long time that the slaughter at the Rail Terminus did not kill all of the Orokin, just the really high caste ones. This caused the empire to collapse, not just because the leaders were dead but because all of the really important infrastructure, the command decks of Orokin ships, the Solar Rails, all of the control and command lines were hardwired to only accept commands from sufficiently high caste orokin. Kill everyone with the genetically locked access, and the entire system goes into lockdown, while the Grineer rebellion takes care of everyone else.

Cephalon Simaris helps us unlock historical fragments through the Synthesis Imprints. Read all of the Imprints which have been uncovered so far here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Synthesis

See also the Codex entries of the Prime Warframes Ember, Rhino, Mag, and Excalibur, for more information on the development and deployment of the Warframe project itself.

no i appreciate it xD 

i wasnt having luck in my search 

2 hours ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Whut are loreists , Teach me senpai

hope that ^ helps 

4 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I would just like to add onto this.Under the grineer guardsmen synthesis entry, an orokin was collaborating with a ship of Grineer to lure other orokin survivors into ambushes.  In that time the Grineer were shown to be rapidly developing their society, language, and the collaborator was considered Grineer by the Grineer. 

Implementing Umbra Warframes into the game sounds interesting, would really make frames more diverse for the players' play style.
Really hope they don't make Excalibur Umbra an exclusive deal like Excalibur Prime when it gets released globally.

Nonetheless, I'm pretty excited for this :)

oddly enough i was just made aware the thread is on umbra excals wiki ... 

How i did i not know that >~ < 

5 minutes ago, GOMiCHO said:

Implementing Umbra Warframes into the game sounds interesting, would really make frames more diverse for the players' play style.
Really hope they don't make Excalibur Umbra an exclusive deal like Excalibur Prime when it gets released globally.

Nonetheless, I'm pretty excited for this :)

that is the hope tenno ! 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

3 hours ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Chibis are awesome 

Tbh i think Umbra will come in July , 1 year passed , he may be revealed at tennocon , and my bday is in July .

no one knows ......but weve been told to keep our "ears " to the ground ... and soon 

im still going with summer (june/july) which was my initial ballpark , if that happens to be the case.. well consoles will still have to wait for anyway .......

but my first loadout slot has been awaiting my main frame ^. ^  and ill be very happy when it claims its rightful spot 

1 hour ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Nope . Stream was pretty boring overall ,didn't have much content , also there's a grineer base ( possibly the queens' ) on an asteroid , also U19 will come in 2 parts look at bunny's post

Yea I hope for Umbra in part 1 :smile: