Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

4 hours ago, (XB1)CFE Requiem said:

I can't believe you all are still whining about Umbra? Am I the only one who doesn't care about it at all? I like that DE is focusing on new Primes, Warframes, Cinematic Quests, Reworks and other such content. Umbra will just distract them and it's not something we need.

3 hours ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

I honestly have not cared for Umbra and it seems like the people wanting it are just salty that there is another exclusive out there.

The point of this thread is to discuss Umbras and how they're going to be implemented into the game. If you have no interest in them then there's really no reason to post here. And no, if Umbra was distracting them from other projects he would be all they'd be talking about, currently he's not their main priority but he's still being worked on. People want Excal Umbra because he looks really cool, he has the potential to reveal new things about warframe's lore and people are really interested to see what exactly they are.

Edited by Demoonic

9 hours ago, demminik said:

Excalibur Prime - for founders around the world

Excalibur PRIME Umbra - for "founders" in China

I'll not be surprised if we will never see Excalibur PRIME Umbra in our game version.

There you go, i fixed it

On 4/25/2016 at 3:49 PM, AntoineFlemming said:

But the only Umbra we've ever seen - Excalibur Umbra - doesn't have red and black. He's not some edgelord frame. He has black, gray, gold, and blue energy. That's nothing like the Grineer.

still not right the one to come to our game version dosnt have prime :D 

Excalibur PRIME Umbra - for "founders" in China

global build receives Excalibur Umbra.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkAssassin49 said:

They didn't get excalibur prime and they have 2 wait for most things, I'm absolutely fine with them have 1 VERSION of a frame, its not even a different frame

technically they have had a few other exclusives, but the exclusivity only lasts 30 days (not arguing just stating the facts) 

its possible their umbra excal will be changed to reflect the global umbra excal 

but at this time its unknown.

just personally with consoles had the same opportunity 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

technically they have had a few other exclusives, but the exclusivity only lasts 30 days (not arguing just stating the facts) 

its possible their umbra excal will be changed to reflect the global umbra excal 

but at this time its unknown.

just personally with consoles had the same opportunity 

Also not arguing(actually agreeing with u)

I think theres a message earlier where i said they got wukong early

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Um neither did we.

We all have to wait for things, not just the Chinese. So that statement is incorrect.

16 hours ago, (XB1)DarkAssassin49 said:

Warframe China gets MOST content later than global if they get an exclusive frame thats fair enough

I was referring to 'global warframe'

1 minute ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

You said that just because China got updates later than the global build, that was somehow an excuse for them to have an exclusive Warframe.

really 'excuse'? y r u so annoyed with them having it, they have 2 wait for pretty much everything and

5 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

Why does it really matter if they got him first if we're getting him (soon maybe) anyway? 

and

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

still not right the one to come to our game version dosnt have prime :D 

Excalibur PRIME Umbra - for "founders" in China

global build receives Excalibur Umbra.

therefore we r getting something close anyway and its not like we don't havce excalibur

16 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

Why does it really matter if they got him first if we're getting him (soon maybe) anyway? 

not sure we do get him  soon more..soon ish and ours may be better in terms of abilities/passives ect so im not complaining...also slight cosmetic differences between them 

18 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkAssassin49 said:

Also not arguing(actually agreeing with u)

I think theres a message earlier where i said they got wukong early

16 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkAssassin49 said:

I was referring to 'global warframe'

they got wukong, nezha and a variety of weapons which we later got in u

in all honesty those are china specific warframes and i dont see a reason they shouldn't have them first

though i do wish we had a journey to the west quest to get them xD 

but as it stands to our knowledge

excalibur umbra prime =/= excalibur umbra they are in fact  separate warframes and will remain as such 

so its not a big deal but does bring into question why consoles were not allowed this as well as PC had their own founders program 

currently consoles get exclusives also, just no were in the same class as a console specific founder warframe 

which is were i think a majority of the salt comes into play 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

6 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

not sure we do get him  soon more..soon ish and ours may be better in terms of abilities/passives ect so im not complaining...also slight cosmetic differences between them

in all honesty those are china specific warframes and i dont see a reason they shouldn't have them first

excalibur umbra prime =/= excalibur umbra =/= excalibur prime they are in fact two separate warframes and will remain as such

so its not a big deal but does bring into question why consoles were not allowed this as well as PC had their own founders program

currently consoles get exclusives also, just no were in the same class as a console specific founder warframe

nah dude, from what I understand, Umbra and Umbra Prime are the exact same thing, only they removed the name "Prime" off the end of it so butthurt founders can't legally do a damn thing about it. I think Steve mentioned something about looking slightly different but I'm under the impression that might be a color thing.

Ladies and gentleman, may I present to you, the differences in the global and chinese Excalibur Umbra

Spoiler

iPWQpiG.png

PS: Yes I know he's going to have different stats and things I'm talking about visually 

Edited by Demoonic

Just now, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

you're not even sure about the whole stat thing either.

Why wouldn't they? When you take "Prime" off of something you generally take away the gold and buffs. But in this case they said Umbras are an alternative to primes meaning they still would retain the gilded Orokin design but vary in terms of their buffs and they way they interact with the world.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkAssassin49 said:

really 'excuse'? y r u so annoyed with them having it, they have 2 wait for pretty much everything.

we r getting something close anyway and its not like we don't havce excalibur.

How does waiting have anything to do with this? It is completely irrelevant.

I know we're getting the same model 94% similar to the Chinese one and I'm happy with that. I've always been annoyed that some random group of people suddenly had rights to yet another Excalibur. It's your utterly hollow defending of said people that is annoying.

2 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

I don't even WANT excal umbra p as he is in China. the ornaments on the arm for example are EXTREMELY out of place.

Hope its a lot more like the shadow stalker.

Who knows what he'll look like. Personally I like the crescents on his arms. Still if they're not there it's not the end of the world. If the scarf wasn't there however.....

l7sdq.jpg

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

excalibur umbra prime =/= excalibur umbra they are in fact  separate warframes and will remain as such 

Most console players want a founder frame, it doesn't need to be one of these 2 founders but it's China gets a founder frame and we don't(though i understand it was needed as chinese players felt they were being unfairly treated), i understand y pc getting it as they r the ones who got the game set up but it would b nice if console players could also have a exclusive frame, perhaps a high mastery rank frame e.g. an exclusive frame is gifted to u at mr20