Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

13 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

I don't even WANT excal umbra p as he is in China. the ornaments on the arm for example are EXTREMELY out of place.

Hope its a lot more like the shadow stalker.

Prime and Normal are visually the same though

8 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkAssassin49 said:

Most console players want a founder frame, it doesn't need to be one of these 2 founders but it's China gets a founder frame and we don't(though i understand it was needed as chinese players felt they were being unfairly treated), i understand y pc getting it as they r the ones who got the game set up but it would b nice if console players could also have a exclusive frame, perhaps a high mastery rank frame e.g. an exclusive frame is gifted to u at mr20

No! No more exclusivity! It just doesn't work. It only brings toxicity and bitterness. The only things that should remain exclusive are the item belonging to the true Founders!

"though i understand it was needed as the chinese players felt like they were being unfairly treated"

Are you actually serious? You think that is the reason they were given an exclusive Warframe? Wow. All console players globally felt like they've been treated unfairly, so what makes this random group of people in China so special? Nothing!

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

55 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

Ladies and gentleman, may I present to you, the differences in the global and chinese Excalibur Umbra

Reveal hidden contents

iPWQpiG.png

PS: Yes I know he's going to have different stats and things I'm talking about visually 

sad to say this is not a valid statement 

there will be some  minor cosmetic differences for sure , per steve 

umbras will have their own mechanic , not to mention the umbra Excalibur of global builds  stats and possible umbra passives are again going to be different, unless de specifically states they will go back and rework the china excalibur umbra prime to be a copy of the global builds

they will again be different warframes with different attributes 

i just want an Excalibur with shiny gold stuff to fill the space left by the prime I'll never have. That's what Umbra means to non founders, the prime we never got due to some stupid promise that was a HORRIBLE idea that DE should have never had that led to a load of salt. Umbra is their redemption to the other 99.9% of the players, to the non-founders. That's why wed be pissed if elitist founders tries to ruin this for us. Just remember, just cause you're a founder don't mean you have the highest amount of time and money put into this game. Don't even think that you love it more than everyone else just cause you were there from the beginning.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

i just want an Excalibur with shiny gold stuff to fill the space left by the prime I'll never have. That's what Umbra means to non founders, the prime we never got due to some stupid promise that was a HORRIBLE idea that DE should have never had that led to a load of salt. Umbra is their redemption to the other 99.9% of the players, to the non-founders. That's why wed be pissed if elitist founders tries to ruin this for us. Just remember, just cause you're a founder don't mean you have the highest amount of time and money put into this game. Don't even think that you love it more than everyone else just cause you were there from the beginning.

ok ill have to stop you there tenno

plenty of founders are supporting umbra Excalibur variant, in fact we have quite a few who are participants to the discussion and mechanics 

@siralextraffo

This is not true and not fair either.

I'm sorry if you experienced bad behaviours from some of us, but please do not refer to founders as if we're all the same.

As usual, only the loudest are taken into consideration, but the majority of us have no interest in showing off or being a**holes to non founders.

We have supported DE when the game was in an early and delicate moment, sure, but we were not alone and we already got our payback.

Actually, I'm one of those who would have preferred a limited exclusive only, not a permanent one.

For this reason, I can't wait for Umbra to come and I hope it will be considered same as Excalibur Prime, because every non founder would deserve that.

So please, again, remember that many of us are ashamed of this eternal war between founders and not founders and would just prefer everyone to be equal and happy.

Also on the umbra pimre vs global umbra 

Per novusnova 

if you understand why DE can't give us Excal Umbra Prime, then why are you complaining about it?

Also Umbra Prime is exclusive to the China founders in the same way that Excal Prime is exclusive to founders on the global build. I believe people asked Steve, what Umbra would look like and according to him, Umbra was "virtually identical" to Umbra Prime, however that might have changed over time.  

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

12 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

It was not a horrible idea at all. DE needed funding for the game when it was barely an actual game.

As Mako said, many Founders have spoken out saying they support Excalibur Umbra. Granted there are a few Founders who might be salty now that people are getting a better looking variant of Excalibur than theirs but they are a very very small minority. Kudos to all the Founders who have supported this situation.

1 minute ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I said elitist, not all founders. While I agree there are founder that think it ain't right, you'd be wrong in assuming there aren't butthurt founders out there, the few of you guys that want nothing more than to remain a special snowflake.

And as we have established already, they are a barely noticeable minority. 

the thing is, DE shot themselves in the foot with this stupid promise. I gotta know though, is this part of a legal binding contract? If so, contracts do expire and they can choose not to renew it. Also, I do know that Excalibur Prime is only exclusive in THIS game, so if DE decides to ever do a sequel, prequel, or spinoff to Warframe, they can legally release Excalibur Prime there because its only binding to the original game.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

That would be interesting.

or at least a few 

2 minutes ago, Aelienus said:

They were adventurers like you ...... but then they took an arrow in the knee xD

LOL .... wait they got married? 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

the thing is, DE shot themselves in the foot with this stupid promise. I gotta know though, is this part of a legal binding contract? If so, contracts do expire and they can choose not to renew it. Also, I do know that Excalibur Prime is only exclusive in THIS game, so if DE decides to ever do a sequel, prequel, or spinoff to Warframe, they can legally release Excalibur Prime there because its only binding to the original game.

unless it was a  lifetime exclusivity for any variation or permutation of the game 

How to release Excalibur Prime legally, a guide for total shysters

1. Re-release Warframe under a DIFFERENT NAME (Warframe 2, Warframe Prime etc.) with new stuff (guns, swords, frames etc.) but otherwise make it the same game.

2. Include a profile transfer system for you to get all your stuff back.

3. Release Excalibur Prime to the new games market.

There you go. You're welcome.

1. Re-release Warframe under a DIFFERENT NAME (Warframe 2, Warframe Prime etc.) with new stuff (guns, swords, frames etc.) but otherwise make it the same game.

again if contract states its a lifetime exclusivity for any permutation or variation then thats a no go still

permutation relates to the act of arranging all the members of a set into some sequence or order, or if the set is already ordered, rearranging (reordering) its elements

3 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

Waste of time and money.

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

again if contract states its a lifetime exclusivity for any permutation or variation then thats a no go still

permutation relates to the act of arranging all the members of a set into some sequence or order, or if the set is already ordered, rearranging (reordering) its elements

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

contracts expire. Its a matter of when it does. DE could then decide not to renew it. Then every single word on it is utterly useless.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

contracts expire. Its a matter of when it does. DE could then decide not to renew it. Then every single word on it is utterly useless.

lol this isnt verision/sprint ect  tenno

this was a promise as well as a binding contract between DE and founders in theory it could never end ,

such as with non disclosure agreements which can last the rest of your life 

also im going to look up the specifics of the contract 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

lol this isnt verision/sprint ect  tenno

this was a promise as well as a binding contract between DE and founders in theory it could never end ,

also im going to look up the specifics of the contract

I suppose its very well worth looking into. If its not a paper contract, or a legally binding one than really, it doesn't mean crap and DE could just say screw it and do what they want anyway. I'm very interested in seeing what kind of weasel lawyer worded this thing so I can try and find a loophole in it. Hopefully not a very good one lol.

I suppose its very well worth looking into. If its not a paper contract, or a legally binding one than really, it doesn't mean crap and DE could just say screw it and do what they want anyway. I'm very interested in seeing what kind of weasel lawyer worded this thing so I can try and find a loophole in it. Hopefully not a very good one lol.

Apollo drop it. Excalibur Prime isn't coming back. That is fair. This isn't a "I want Excalibur Prime" thread.

Just now, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

i asked my layer on contract details in a quick email, he states there are specific contracts that dont end , 

one off the top of his head was non disclosure agreement,warranties if specified, verbal agreements if there is evidence stating such on the verbal ...

i personally i have had to do a few non disclosures for my IRL jobs ... they are iron clad , unless you have whistle blower actions done and even then you can still be held in the eyes of the law as breaking it, even if it was to save lives ...

being an engineer is double edged