The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

It's about the Umbra idea I put down in page 8 and a response someone had to it.

in truth i only got back into warframe in march 2015 (mr 0)  and im rank 14 (going on 15) now

but in honesty i dot see it needing a MR gate

id honestly like it if it was a quest frame that was a one time thing (like broken war) received upon completion. another persons thought, but i do think it would be more beneficial 

Yea, the threads merged with this were about Umbra but they were a bit wild, which is why the posts look heavily off topic.

yeah noticed that.......

no umbra excal prime? bummer, i guess i'll never get to play as excal because they don't want to release him, just his crappy basic form. it's like if dragon ball xenoverse locked you from playing as super saiyan goku for not having a promo code from the original japanese manga release.

Edited by NovusNova
Removed Unneeded Comment

no umbra excal prime? bummer, i guess i'll never get to play as excal because they don't want to release him, just his crappy basic form. it's like if dragon ball xenoverse locked you from playing as super saiyan goku for not having a promo code from the original japanese manga release.

umbra we get is identical to excalibur umbra prime , just called umbra excalibur to my knowledge for global 

anDDjHIl.jpg

in truth i only got back into warframe in march 2015 (mr 0)  and im rank 14 (going on 15) now

but in honesty i dot see it needing a MR gate

id honestly like it if it was a quest frame that was a one time thing (like broken war) received upon completion. another persons thought, but i do think it would be more beneficial 

yeah noticed that.......

Oh hell yea quests specific to them would be cool or just one quest with variations at the end depending on the frame would be way better and a lot more fun. I was just being a bit more realistic in my thinking since it would take ages for DE to do that with them fixing all their bugs and changing/fixing the game around the clock.

What? Normal excal is S#&$? Please explain.

Why put RNG in quest rewards?

Especially since it's one time only?

Not RNG, it's up to DE what to put as a reward, those are options. Can;t think of a reward for this quest anyways.

But the warframes can't be corrupted by hunhow. Because a warframes reason for being made in   the first place was so that they could fight the sentients without fear of corruption. 

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Hunhow, after controlling/persuading stalker with war, was "gathering information" from stalker himself (considering he is still a warfame). With that information, Hunhow had an idea on how to "corrupt" a warframe.

The Scarf is also to be a in game add on item and is not part of the frame itself

Incorrect. The scarf on Excalibur Umbra is an auxiliary item. In two separate videos based on the Chinese relay, there are quite a few Excalibur Umbra's with Syandanas equipped as well as the scarf. Video below:

So indirectly, the scarf is part of the frame itself, just like the Mortos Binds and Valkyr's Bonds are exclusive to their namesakes. You might want to change that part in your OP. I'm surprised you have not already changed this, considering there are a few posts in this thread showing that the scarf is not a Syandana.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

My guy told me guys... Umbra will be locked @MR 20 which i think is dope! Also he's being released April the 20th, blaze it!!! Its true!!! My guy told me!!! Any questions?

*Flame shield up*

*evil grin*

Edited by Z3GR4M

I guess excal umbra is replica of sentient.

They scans warframe to study their power and reproduce.

I think later we will got all kind of sentient warframes.

Inferno ember? Terror rhino? 

You know whats funny. I thought of that 5 months ago and everyone called me a idiot and that was stupid. 5 months later DE basically confirms.

How?

From a design standpoint it makes sense for Sentients to have their versions because 1. Hunhow hints at it during Second Dream, and 2. More money for DE.

As long as Umbra's are basically just different versions of primes but edgy they can basically double their profits, and force us to play sentient missions like they force us to play void missions with primes.

It makes us play the newer harder content.

From a design standpoint it makes sense for Sentients to have their versions because 1. Hunhow hints at it during Second Dream, and 2. More money for DE.

As long as Umbra's are basically just different versions of primes but edgy they can basically double their profits, and force us to play sentient missions like they force us to play void missions with primes.

Sure, but still that's risky, I don't think DE wants us to focus on Umbra and forget about Primes, it makes a lot of money from the PA!

1. I never heard Hunhow mention Umbra hints.

2. How exactly does making Umbra a Sentient designed Warframe, bring in more money for DE?

I feel like Umbra is going to be farm-able in the Moon somehow, because that seems more likely.

Incorrect. The scarf on Excalibur Umbra is an auxiliary item. In two separate videos based on the Chinese relay, there are quite a few Excalibur Umbra's with Syandanas equipped as well as the scarf. Video below:

So indirectly, the scarf is part of the frame itself, just like the Mortos Binds and Valkyr's Bonds are exclusive to their namesakes. You might want to change that part in your OP. I'm surprised you have not already changed this, considering there are a few posts in this thread showing that the scarf is not a Syandana.

ive seen this video before 

all that video shows is as you said it having different syndria, this is only the chinese version

the global builds umbra is supposed to have the black silk scarf as a standard sydra so any warframe or umbra type frame can access it

not misc accessories type

but this is again speculation as DE has not released much info on the current global builds setup, stats

all we currently have to go on is chinaframes info and sources  

all that video shows is as you said it having different syndria, this is only the chinese version

the global builds umbra is supposed to have the black silk scarf as a standard sydra so any warframe or umbra type frame can access it

but this is again speculation as DE has not released much info on the current global builds setup, stats

Fair enough. Although I find it kind of hard to imagine that scarf on bulky and thin frames like Limbo, Chroma, Atlas etc.

Right, so maybe it would be safe not to say that it would be a separate cosmetics, right? Because, we have no words about it from DE and the Chinese version points to the opposite direction.

You can maybe avoid to say it will be for sure bonded to Umbra only since, as you said, our version might be different, but I woulnd't definitely say it's not like a fact.

Fair enough. Although I find it kind of hard to imagine that scarf on bulky and thin frames like Limbo, Chroma, Atlas etc.

well again we could say some things shouldnt equip to other frames as they tend to , whats the word... not sync right

the scarf or metal parts drop in and out of the warframes parts......

at this point its unconfirmed other then it can be equipped or taken off at user discretion

Right, so maybe it would be safe not to say that it would be a separate cosmetics, right? Because, we have no words about it from DE and the Chinese version points to the opposite direction.

You can maybe avoid to say it will be for sure bonded to Umbra only since, as you said, our version might be different, but I woulnd't definitely say it's not like a fact.

again at this point we only have vids from it in relay or in mission

if we could get some images of attachments and such in arsenal to confirm id be more inclined to alter it

but as it stands to current knowledge is it can be taken on off

i can reword it to say

"scarf is a toggle on/off  styled item" 

i can reword it to say

"scarf is a toggle on/off  styled item" 

You might as well just put the truth; "It is unknown at this time whether or not the scarf is a Syandana or an auxillary item that may or may not be exclusive to Umbra."

That would be good, to avoid raising false hope for people that are really looking forward to using it on other frames. Hopefully in the coming Devstreams they'll take more about it. I mean, since U18 is now out, they can't really say they have a reason not to focus on Umbra any more.

You might as well just put the truth; "It is unknown at this time whether or not the scarf is a Syandana or an auxillary item that may or may not be exclusive to Umbra."

That would be good, to avoid raising false hope for people that are really looking forward to using it on other frames. Hopefully in the coming Devstreams they'll take more about it. I mean, since U18 is now out, they can't really say they have a reason not to focus on Umbra any more.

it is not false hope so far as we have evidence you yourself provided it can be removed 

so toggleable item is within the logic base

weather its a all unit scarf or a misc specific to Excalibur  that is unknown 

it is not false hope so far as we have evidence you yourself provided it can be removed 

so toggleable item is within the logic base

weather its a all unit scarf or a misc specific to Excalibur  that is unknown 

Just in case though, change it to something less definite. As well know, DE can change their minds very quickly *Cough* Exalted Blade syndicate procs *Cough*