Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

This entire conversation is pointless and is basing itself off of entitlement and flawed logic. Umbra is being released to all players, much to your dismay or not. This is the current case, and it will remain.

what part is flawed XD. please tell me. Also you guys are acting =ly entitled at the thought of not being able to get it sooooooooo. Whats your point?

3 hours ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

what part is flawed XD

All of these:

Console needs more exclusives and china needs two or three more exclusive

That's your opinion. Console does not "need" more exclusives. Just because people don't like the Obsidian/Jade skins does not mean they don't exist.

Console needs an exclusive to compete all the other platforms, it feels the way umbra came about like that was the goal

No it doesn't, and you have 0 proof of the second point being DE's intention with the release of Umbra. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

Again is possibly being a console exclusive might explain the silence on the subject and how quickly DE tend to dodge questions about it

7 hours ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

It almost seems like being console exclusive was probably what inspired umbra

No evidence of this being the case at all. Again.

Also you guys are acting =ly entitled at the thought of not being able to get it sooooooooo. Whats your point?

How exactly are we acting entitled when you have this recurring statement?

9 hours ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

That kinda why i think it going to be console exclusive so console could fill the Excalibur prime gap with an umbra. so pc will have all primes but console will have all umbras -- Also i collect the frames too and I think console having umbra would fill the gap rather nicely. 

It seems by the way you're speaking your hope is that Umbra ends up as console exclusive as this is the only point you repeatedly bring up. Umbra is going to be released on all platforms to all players, not a single person excluded. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

also who is to say whats fair when there is a clear inequality on all platforms (pc, console, and china)

China is completely irrelevant. What they do does not affect what we receive, so moot point.

Edited by LazerSkink

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

All of these:

That's your opinion. Console does not "need" more exclusives. Just because people don't like the Obsidian/Jade skins does not mean they don't exist.

No it doesn't, and you have 0 proof of the second point being DE's intention with the release of Umbra. 

No evidence of this being the case at all. Again.

Really? We are the ones acting entitled when you say something like this?:

It seems by the way you're speaking your hope is that Umbra ends up as console exclusive as this is the only point you repeatedly bring up. Umbra is going to be released on all platforms to all players, not a single person excluded. 

China is completely irrelevant. What they do does not affect what we receive.

that an awful of just saying no, because you dont like the idea doesn't mean you have to be salty about it. CHINA is relevant and its ignorant to say otherwise. ALSO read i used some interesting context clues like "feel" "think" and the likes, so no i dont have evidence but i felt (interesting word, it implys a lack of knowledge of the subject but provides SPECULATION) . Console needds an exclusive, skins don't count because every format has exclusive (even you PC you got two lines even phased and rubido. Thats not mentioning the good tennogen items that they are trying to bring over) Do i want umbra to be an exclusive YES, do i FEEL it was the intention YES. SHOULD it be is not my call. Console does need an exclusive. poke real holes this time plz :3

3 minutes ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

that an awful of just saying no, because you dont like the idea doesn't mean you have to be salty about it. CHINA is relevant and its ignorant to say otherwise. ALSO read i used some interesting context clues like "feel" "think" and the likes, so no i dont have evidence but i felt (interesting word, it implys a lack of knowledge of the subject but provides SPECULATION) . Console needds an exclusive, skins don't count because every format has exclusive (even you PC you got two lines even phased and rubido. Thats not mentioning the good tennogen items that they are trying to bring over) Do i want umbra to be an exclusive YES, do i FEEL it was the intention YES. SHOULD it be is not my call. Console does need an exclusive. poke real holes this time plz :3

We can just make the jade and obsidian skins give 25 extra armor to excal there done. Umbra should be for everyone though.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

-snip-

1) There's no need of more exclusive content on any platform, otherwise the salt seas will storm again from those not getting it.

2) This is not a pc versus console war and there's no need to turn it into a race of "who has more exclusives" 

3) The only reason why chinaframe might have some impact in our build is because we're supposed to get most of the content developed for that build, being wukong, nezha, zhuge, nikana prime and spira prime some examples. (Even tough we haven't obtained yet their prisma orthos, rubedo penta nor the wukong skin releases in celebration for the year of the monkey)

4) If you're just trying to troll, please stop, that's not allowed on forums.

5) I guess I should go to sleep, it's already 5:00 AM here and I have to wake up on an hour.

Can we guys just stop talking about exclusives and console wars? We all should be glad when a content is released to everyone instead of a few who can afford it economically or just end up doing the right thing at the right time.

Permanent exclusives are bad, platform doesn't matter, they only push us gamers against each other.

Even if the Founders' exclusives where there for a reason(helping to build up the game at the beginning), in my opinion there's no amount of money one could pay that justifies a permanent exclusive.

That said, Umbra is coming to everyone, I'm glad it does and I really hope it'll be the deluxe Excalibur replacement the whole non founder community is waiting and deserving from ages.

I'm not trolling i just think umbra was meant to be a console exclusive to fill the gap for the blank amount of times. umbra prime and regular prime being exclusive it left room for that speculation. Chinaframe is as warframe as any other platform option and does matter equally as much. It makes me sad how the community doesn't even want to acknowledge them :/. I think console should get an exclusive frame to match pc and china, (it would only be fair). Have i been talking to the same person this whole time? Umbra feels like it was the missing link for console that all other versions of the game got and will get. You don't have to agree with me but you cannot dismiss me as a troll because you do not agree with me.  

15 minutes ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

I think console should get an exclusive frame to match pc and china, (it would only be fair). 

For like, 10 months, like the Founders pack? Then what would you say to those console players coming to the game say, next February, and being cut off from not one but two damn permanent exclusives??

You think it's fair because you are playing the game NOW, but would you consider it fair if Umbra was a limited time exclusive and you were one of those console players missing it for a week or two?

It's easy to say an exclusive is fair when you're in the place to take advantage of it, not so much when you're screwed instead; not mentioning an Umbra exclusive to compensate Excalibur Prime should not then be obtainable in game, but only with cash, as the Founders pack. Still fair for those who can't afford it?

To me, console players and non founders PC players are on the same level and all deserve something; if there's one single category of players who doesn't "deserve" Umbra or another exclusive is us Founders, that's it. Not saying we shouldn't getting, just saying we are not on the same need level of the rest of the community.

Edited by siralextraffo

Man, this word 'deserve' is causing a lot of problems, innit.

I appreciate that its companion word (entitlement) gets thrown around a lot in this thread, but seriously. Umbra is not out yet, and belongs to no-one. Excalibur Prime was a timed exclusive, and feeling bad because you don't have it strikes me as kinda weird. A really huge part of the problem here is caused by people acting like they somehow 'own' a thing which hasn't been released. There are folks talking about 'my Umbra', and all the stuff they plan and expect, and that's the main reason I'm expecting there to be a backlash when Umbra does get released.

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Man, this word 'deserve' is causing a lot of problems, innit.

I appreciate that its companion word (entitlement) gets thrown around a lot in this thread, but seriously. Umbra is not out yet, and belongs to no-one. Excalibur Prime was a timed exclusive, and feeling bad because you don't have it strikes me as kinda weird. A really huge part of the problem here is caused by people acting like they somehow 'own' a thing which hasn't been released. There are folks talking about 'my Umbra', and all the stuff they plan and expect, and that's the main reason I'm expecting there to be a backlash when Umbra does get released.

Yea, especially because thanks God it's gonna be everyone's Umbra, so the players who are waiting for him only to feel owning something exclusive are going to be terribly disappointed.

31 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

For like, 10 months, like the Founders pack? Then what would you say to those console players coming to the game say, next February, and being cut off from not one but two damn permanent exclusives??

You think it's fair because you are playing the game NOW, but would you consider it fair if Umbra was a limited time exclusive and you were one of those console players missing it for a week or two?

It's easy to say an exclusive is fair when you're in the place to take advantage of it, not so much when you're screwed instead; not mentioning an Umbra exclusive to compensate Excalibur Prime should not then be obtainable in game, but only with cash, as the Founders pack. Still fair for those who can't afford it?

To me, console players and non founders PC players are on the same level and all deserve something; if there's one single category of players who doesn't "deserve" Umbra or another exclusive is us Founders, that's it. Not saying we shouldn't getting, just saying we are not on the same need level of the rest of the community.

i've been saying console needed an exclusive almost within launch of ps4, for being a founding member of the ps4 community like wise the xbox deserved something to when it launched.(or the same thing. As long as Excalibur prime is fair than yes. As long as umbra prime is fair than yes. Exclusive are fair game but providing a version without one is still unfair. I respect that you see that gap in founders to normal players and what not but im not saying umbra needs to be the exclusive. It feels like originally after umbra prime came around, they might of had the idea to make it an console exclusive so everyone had there specific upgraded Excalibur That idea was most likely removed the moment they saw the backlash from there player base. But then again exclusive do have a tendency to be if you snooze you loose. I think console should get there own pack like a founder (granted that word is very moot at this point) If you can't get it oh well. I'm asking for equal opportunity and nothing else. Even if i would be excluded from said purchase. 

5 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Yea, especially because thanks God it's gonna be everyone's Umbra, so the players who are waiting for him only to feel owning something exclusive are going to be terribly disappointed.

I don`t care about "exclusive". EP have better stats than regular excalibur. Because i want Umbra.

10 hours ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

to be fair pc had 100% more chance to get excal prime than console. its one thing if the consoles had a chance to own it but they never did.

Would you be ok if Umbra was exclusive only to those console players who started playing before Jan 2015?

2 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Would you be ok if Umbra was exclusive only to those console players who started playing before Jan 2015?

I mean i guess, But i would also want a relatively fair time stamp for xbox peoples too. They would sorta be the founding members of each respective community if it was set up with played before a certain time. though for some players being able to view it in shop and not be allowed to purchase would be frustrating as of now. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

No, why not just make the jade skin add 25 armor, and fix the jade skins issues(its got a coupe big issues), there excal prime for consoles.

I'm just trying to show him that HE needs the exclusive frame, not the consoles.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

No, why not just make the jade skin add 25 armor, and fix the jade skins issues(its got a coupe big issues), there excal prime for consoles.

It would have to give MR fodder and be counted as a separate frame when the skin is used with unique polarity.  

Edited by (PS4)sphinxy111

Just now, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

I mean i guess, But i would also want a relatively fair time stamp for xbox peoples too. They would sorta be the founding members of each respective community if it was set up with played before a certain time. though for some players being able to view it in shop and not be allowed to purchase would be frustrating as of now. 

Excal Prime was never in the shop, just given to those who bought the founder pack.

Just now, Ksaero said:

Excal Prime was never in the shop, just given to those who bought the founder pack.

which would have been in a shop to see, shop doesn't just mean darvo. I was probably view able where pc people can see plat or prime access stuff ifs it anything like console.

1 minute ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

which would have been in a shop to see, shop doesn't just mean darvo. I was probably view able where pc people can see plat or prime access stuff ifs it anything like console.

Well Umbra could be just added to the inventory of those who started playing before Jan 2015. That would make the same situation as it is with PC players who started playing after founder program was closed. I don't think you'd like that, you started playing half-year later.

Anyways, Umbra was confirmed for Global buid, not for consoles exclusively.

Umbra was delayed because DE were building a lore around him.

Umbra will appear in War Within.