The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

3 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Well Umbra could be just added to the inventory of those who started playing before Jan 2015. That would make the same situation as it is with PC players who started playing after founder program was closed. I don't think you'd like that, you started playing half-year later.

Anyways, Umbra was confirmed for Global buid, not for consoles exclusively.

Umbra was delayed because DE were building a lore around him.

Umbra will appear in War Within.

Yup. I still the think jade and obsidian should of been frames. DE could of solved most of the issue in doing that.

2 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Well Umbra could be just added to the inventory of those who started playing before Jan 2015. That would make the same situation as it is with PC players who started playing after founder program was closed. I don't think you'd like that, you started playing half-year later.

Anyways, Umbra was confirmed for Global buid, not for consoles exclusively.

Umbra was delayed because DE were building a lore around him.

Umbra will appear in War Within.

i started my account at the tail end of tethras doom broski. We dont know that he will appear in war within but is highly likely. Also i was speculating that it had the probability of being a console exclusive originally in development. Beside we knew how long about him and lore was the only struggle? 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

How would founders complain it's not gold and shiny, it was not Avaliable in game. It costed money like prime access, and it's not excal prime.

I mean i wish it would fit some context of lore but it would work 100% in my opinion (granted a smidgen of lore behind the the console exclusive skin lines period would be really cool)      

Just now, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

i started my account at the tail end of tethras doom broski. We dont know that he will appear in war within but is highly likely. Also i was speculating that it had the probability of being a console exclusive originally in development. Beside we knew how long about him and lore was the only struggle? 

I mean i wish it would fit some context of lore but it would work 100% in my opinion (granted a smidgen of lore behind the the console exclusive skin lines period would be really cool)      

Just like how the dragon nikana was a Tenno upgrade they can also be Tenno upgrades.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Just like how the dragon nikana was a Tenno upgrade they can also be Tenno upgrades.

yeah that what im getting at, like just a little canon lore would be prefect. Like the jade items were present during an event that happened on earth and still holds the energy or the obsidian were weapon and armor that were lost in the void and recovered and holds a glow because of it. I'm a nut when it come to canon. Hell they could use it as an excuse to tell us something about the tenno war or alittle history of the syndicates. 

36 minutes ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

yeah that what im getting at, like just a little canon lore would be prefect. Like the jade items were present during an event that happened on earth and still holds the energy or the obsidian were weapon and armor that were lost in the void and recovered and holds a glow because of it. I'm a nut when it come to canon. Hell they could use it as an excuse to tell us something about the tenno war or alittle history of the syndicates. 

Now that's not a bad idea.

We don't need an explanation of every single thing in Warframe's universe. For one thing, I don't really feel like waiting for them to come up with logical reasons for everything. Second, when everything starts getting overly complicated, the lore starts making less and less sense. I'm sure the best of minds could already nitpick the plot of this game to pieces. Also, some things are best left unexplained, let the imagination do its work, and let things be up for interpretation. I don't feel like waiting a couple extra weeks so that DE can come up with an elaborate backstory to the incubation chamber in our ship or the light bulbs in our arsenal.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

We don't need an explanation of every single thing in Warframe's universe. For one thing, I don't really feel like waiting for them to come up with logical reasons for everything. Second, when everything starts getting overly complicated, the lore starts making less and less sense. I'm sure the best of minds could already nitpick the plot of this game to pieces. Also, some things are best left unexplained, let the imagination do its work, and let things be up for interpretation. I don't feel like waiting a couple extra weeks so that DE can come up with an elaborate backstory to the incubation chamber in our ship or the light bulbs in our arsenal.

Agreed, but those are small things that dot matter. Umbra on the other hand wil matter, trust me on this.

1 hour ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

Great ideas but I think since the armor is the increased stat. The lore should be something about the armor of the frame.

Like: Reverse engineered by modern day Orokin era scientists the Jade Excalibur Warframe is hardened with Jade crystals and infused with pure void energy(Becuase why not, everybody loves some of dat void energyZ) resulting in beautifully elegant and stronger Excalibur Warframe. 

(Batteries not included)

13 hours ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

CHINA is relevant and its ignorant to say otherwise

No, China has never been, nor will it ever be relevant. They do what they will do with the assets DE gives them and that in no way makes them relevant. It's not ignorant; it's informed. The only thing that partially affects the global build is the content specifically made for China to then be released to the global build. Besides Chinese inspired items, their build is far from ours. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

Console does need an exclusive

Again, this is your opinion, and it still is disregarding the Obsidian/Jade skins. Once again, just because you don't like them does not invalidate their existence.

Console needds an exclusive, skins don't count because every format has exclusive

No, skins count. If only specific consoles have access to specific skins, that make them exclusive.

Edited by LazerSkink

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

No, China has never been relevant. They do what they will do with the assets DE gives them and that in no way makes them relevant. It's not ignorant; it's informed. The only thing that partially affects the global build is the content specifically made for China to then be released to the global build. Besides China leaning items, their build is far from ours. 

It doesn't matter how different their build is, warframe is still warframe bro. Our build effects them and vice versa, its weird how that is somehow not relevant. Though it will most likely set closely to ours and they seemingly will get different cosmetics and some frames early but that seems very relevant to me. Chances are China could end up inspiring changes in the game that will start over here. Again its ignorant to dismiss the china build and kinda rude. They like the game as much as us and at its core, it is very much the same game (even with exclusives and some stat differences.) Our build will effect them and there items will intern effect us. 

42 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Again, this is your opinion, and it still is disregarding the Obsidian/Jade skins. Once again, just because you don't like them does not invalidate their existence.

No, skins count. If only specific consoles have access to specific skins, that make them exclusive.

It is sorta an opinion. i didn't disregard our skins because your phased and rubido skins cross them right out . Hell thats  not even mentioning tennogen atm (i know they are working on bringing them over but its gonna take while) I very much like the cosmetics, where did i even suggest i didn't? The cosmetics lack functionality that comes with all the exclusive items i mentioned. Yes they are great exclusive cosmetics that compete very well with each other but again doesn't count toward the functional exclusive that console is very much lacking. 

Edited by (PS4)sphinxy111
fixed some spelling and grammar.

3 hours ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

It doesn't matter how different their build is, warframe is still warframe bro. Our build effects them and vice versa, its weird how that is somehow not relevant

Again, their build does not affect ours outside of items. What ChangYou does with the assets DE gives them is up to them. You need to pay plat every time you change colors in the arsenal in the Chinese build; this does not affect the global build. Saryn Prime Access there has AkBronco Prime and Latron Prime over Nikana and Spira; this does not affect the global build. They received Braton Vandal in the first open beta week; this certainly does not affect the global build.

Chances are China could end up inspiring changes in the game that will start over here

That has not happened and I hope to god it never does.

Again its ignorant to dismiss the china build and kinda rude. They like the game as much as us and at its core

I don't see how I'm being ignorant. Ignorant means a lack of knowledge/awareness in a certain topic; saying China is irrelevant is not ignorant, it's an opinion backed up by logic which I have provided above (assets of DE being used by ChangYou not affecting the global build, but only China). Your second point is moot; I am not talking about the Chinese playerbase; I'm talking about the way ChangYou publishes Warframe in China. I'm not being rude by saying the Chinese build is irrelevant to how the global build functions/releases content. It would be ignorant and rude if I said "it's the Chinese playerbase's fault that we don't have Umbra, they need to stop whining for exclusives we have".

---

I'm just going to end it here by going back to my original point; Umbra is not going to be exclusive whether anyone likes it or not. All players - Founders, PC non Founders, and all console - will be able to obtain Excalibur Umbra. What certain people want out of him will not affect this, he will remain available to everyone.

13 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Again, their build does not affect ours outside of items. What ChangYou does with the assets DE gives them is up to them. You need to pay plat every time you change colors in the arsenal in the Chinese build; this does not affect the global build. Saryn Prime Access there has AkBronco Prime and Latron Prime over Nikana and Spira; this does not affect the global build. They received Braton Vandal in the first open beta week; this certainly does not affect the global build.

That has not happened and I hope to god it never does.

I don't see how I'm being ignorant. Ignorant means a lack of knowledge/awareness in a certain topic; saying China is irrelevant is not ignorant, it's an opinion backed up by logic which I have provided above (assets of DE being used by ChangYou not affecting the global build, but only China). Your second point is moot; I am not talking about the Chinese playerbase; I'm talking about the way ChangYou publishes Warframe in China. I'm not being rude by saying the Chinese build is irrelevant to how the global build functions/releases content. It would be ignorant and rude if I said "it's the Chinese playerbase's fault that we don't have Umbra, they need to stop whining for exclusives we have".

---

There VERSION of warframe came out at a different time, i don't understand whats so wrong about there build that one has to discredit. It is also very clear ChangYou and DE have a strong "partnership." Clearly they two will talk and guess what BOUNCE IDEAS BACK AND FORTH. That alone makes them completely relevant to our build. China does have a strong pay to win theme but lets be honest, our version is alot like that but more in the regards of pay to win faster. I hope China helps inspire new features for all versions of warframe, they have a clearly different culture and their ideas could be a strong breath of fresh air. Look at nehza, he takes the most simple mechanic in the game (walking) and makes it very fun to play with. From weapon, visuals, lore, object, to purchasable ChangYou will be effecting and influencing the game from no on.  It might not be direct or obvious but from here on out just through communication alone they will be effecting our build, and possible already have with some of the new features that have been implemented. Im excited for China frame in that regards because at the very least they will be introducing many fun weapons and possible more frames. I hope our warframe gets very inspired from them. 

I hope the only thing that comes out of China is weapon ideas. The last thing we need is another frame right out if Chinese mythology. 

I looked back a couple pages and saw all of you arguing over your thoughts on Umbra being exclusive to console or not. I think it all could have ended sooner if someone had mentioned how much of a rage storm it woulda caused if bra was exclusive to any platform. Just because PC got Excalibur prime doesn't mean anyone should get their own exclusive frame. Two wrongs don't make a right and Excal prime I wouldn't even consider a wrong. This idea that Umbra should be exclusive to consoles is many wrongs all on its own. 

Edited by Plushy

2 minutes ago, Plushy said:

I hope the only thing that comes out of China is weapon ideas. The last thing we need is another frame right out if Chinese mythology. 

why? both of the ones we have are pretty cool. I mean yeah they feel different but the didn' tget a proper. Alot of the frames we already have come from different mythos form across the world (plz dont make me point them out) China has many lovely fictional characters or spirits that could inspire many neat frames. 

5 minutes ago, Cyv001 said:

I'm a little disheartened by the fact that Rebecca and Steve said Umbra isn't coming with The War Within.

They didn't say that at all. If you're referring to the Devstream, they said the figure in the Junction is not Umbra, not that he isn't in U19.

8 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

They didn't say that at all. If you're referring to the Devstream, they said the figure in the Junction is not Umbra, not that he isn't in U19.

If that's the case, cool! I guess I need to rewatch the stream more closely. I just remember Rebecca going "It's not Umbra, don't get your hopes up", and my heart sank. This was soon after Steve brought up the leaks so I thought there was an association.

6 minutes ago, Cyv001 said:

If that's the case, cool! I guess I need to rewatch the stream more closely. I just remember Rebecca going "It's not Umbra, don't get your hopes up", and my heart sank. This was soon after Steve brought up the leaks so I thought there was an association.

It's still not known (unless it is by datamining, but that's neither here nor there nor allowed here) if he is or is not in U19. One thing is for sure though; Rebecca and Steve were correcting players who thought the kneeling figure in the Junction was Umbra.

Edited by LazerSkink

9 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

It's still not known (unless it is by datamining, but that's neither here nor there nor allowed here) if he is or is not in U19. One thing is for sure though; Rebecca and Steve were correcting players who thought the kneeling figure in the Junction was Umbra.

Thank you for the clarification!

1 hour ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

if Umbra turns out to not be in U19, I'm done. Its total bs that they even been leading us around this long. If he ain't in U19, I'm freaking done with this crap.

Agreed, if umbra doesn't come on u19 it will be way more than a year waiting for it without a single word about it, the reason and way I'm feeling about umbra has been mentioned many times before, so I'll go ahead and share something that has just lift my curiosity:

The placeholder for projection system shown on devsteram looks similar the horn-like things in the back of excalibur Umbra Prime's head (but not the same, EUP horns seem to be open slighltly wider than the placeholder)

RLgUFzW.png

could it be some kind of hint? or is it just a mirage while searching for anything Umbra related?I don't know, but I'll go for the second one only to avoid being disappointed if it ends like that, but being amazed if I decided to take it all wrong and it was actually a hint.