The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

heyo peeps,

so I remember DE said in one of the recent devstreams Umbra is coming before U19, and U19 is already getting there, war withing would finish it, so it cant be there, can`t be Lunaro either as we already are there, and I remember DE saying that specters of the rail contains the starchart, kavats and other surprises, kinda makes sense, right?

what do you guys think?

Spoiler

inb4 grind

~Bizzaro21 was here

3 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Where exacty did they say Umbra is being released before U19? The last thing I recall being said about Umbra is that there's no ETA on his release, via Steve.

ye well, i kinda screwed that up, it did say no ETA and i mixed it with the line below it...

4 minutes ago, yual said:

DE steve in the last devstream say : NO , no umbra for specters of the rail.

guess that ends it then lol

well sry folks, nvm this

1 minute ago, AgentEntropy said:

DE has stated Umbra is not in Specters of the Rail and will almost undoubtedly not be in War Within.

Patience, my child. He'll be here eventually.

yay, in 2-3 year.

5 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

iirc they specifically said in stream it wouldn't be coming with U19

but then again, they also said it'd be coming before the end of 2015

They never said that.

It's good you brought up the second point though, it just means we shouldn't take anything said about Umbra very seriously. We know just as much now as we did 11 months ago and DE's not budging.

2 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

They never said that.

It's good you brought up the second point though, it just means we shouldn't take anything said about Umbra very seriously. We know just as much now as we did 11 months ago and DE's not budging.

if they didn't say u19, they said specters of the rail, cuz I clearly remember Rebecca saying "it's not umbra, don't get your hopes up"

I hope that at least the original 8 get Umbra variants for the time being. I love my Frost Prime, but if it's true that Umbra are "stronger but darker" then the choice is obvious. Embrace the darkness for Master Xehanort and obtain even stronger abilities on top of possibly looking even... cooler. 

1 hour ago, AgentEntropy said:

DE has stated Umbra is not in Specters of the Rail and will almost undoubtedly not be in War Within.

Patience, my child. He'll be here eventually.

You don't know he's not going to be in War Within, they haven't stated that anywhere they just said no for the 2nd part of u19.

why do people who come late to the party not check the ops info...i do keep it up to date ....

2 hours ago, Bizzaro21 said:

-needs to review info-

2 hours ago, yual said:

DE steve in the last devstream say : NO , no umbra for specters of the rail.

2 hours ago, ShiraHagane said:

if they didn't say u19, they said specters of the rail, cuz I clearly remember Rebecca saying "it's not umbra, don't get your hopes up"

wUkooEz.png

Please note:

the figure seen in this is NOT Umbra per DE dev stream

they specifically stated that the Figure in the Junction is not (an) Umbra , NOT that UMBRA wouldn't be in U19.

a few tenno seem to misinterpret the words due to a language barrier or second hand info. please rember to check out the news section 

DEV 76 time-stamped 

Spoiler

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
added time stamp

33 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

if he ain't in 19 pt 3 they can take that "patience" and shove it. They been screwing with our expectations for way too long already.

How is it their fault exactly? People started pestering them about it because of some leak, they gave an answer, changed their mind and wanted to give lore for our release, which is part of development.

I'm sorry, but pointing fingers at DE and saying that they were the ones that toyed with "us" is childish.

I find it dull and lazy if DE were just to release Umbra as another variant with nothing behind it. Wooooo, nothing special about that. Just black and gold. 

Edited by KJRenz

4 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

How is it their fault exactly? People started pestering them about it because of some leak, they gave an answer, changed their mind and wanted to give lore for our release, which is part of development.

I'm sorry, but pointing fingers at DE and saying that they were the ones that toyed with "us" is childish.

thats also been discussed and pointed out by a few members here

personally i dont care on the time frame, being xb1 im used to waiting for stuff 

my hope is the lore helps answer and bring new questions with it. tie some threads together and allow us to further divulge a better understanding of the games lore  

what im in all honesty looking forward to is new umbras, mechanics and passive and how they work with our current frames     

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
typos ...

1 hour ago, Demoonic said:

You don't know he's not going to be in War Within, they haven't stated that anywhere they just said no for the 2nd part of u19.

Rechecked, and you're right. I doubt he'll be...pardon me, within the War update, but it does remain in possibility.

1 hour ago, AgentEntropy said:

Rechecked, and you're right. I doubt he'll be...pardon me, within the War update, but it does remain in possibility.

per novusnova:

"The radio silence about Umbra has been deafening in the face of all your questions, but we have been tight-lipped for a reason. Much like the identity of the Tenno for the Second Dream quest, any discussion about Umbra will spoil the lore that will be introduced by upcoming updates. There is no definitive release date, but keep an eye (and an ear) out for more info as it comes out!"

1 hour ago, KJRenz said:

I find it dull and lazy if DE were just to release Umbra as another variant with nothing behind it. Wooooo, nothing special about that. Just black and gold.

its their fault because around December they decided he was gonna be released by the end of the year, then suddenly changed their mind and outta nowhere decided to come up with quest and write it around him. They CHOSE to do it this way. So yes, it is their fault. Rub the brown off your nose and get back to reality.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

its their fault because around December they decided he was gonna be released by the end of the year, then suddenly changed their mind and outta nowhere decided to come up with quest and write it around him. They CHOSE to do it this way. So yes, it is their fault. Rub the brown off your nose and get back to reality.

Okay? It's their choice as a developer to change things. If they feel the need to make something more special than just another boring "skin", then they can do that. Another thing, they never promised anything. They've only stated "maybe" , "might"

It's not their fault that a bunch of people decided to bother them over and over about a leak to the point where they had to say something even though it wasn't final.

And coming from what you've said already proves my point. Childish. 

Now, are we here to discuss about Umbra, or bash DE for no reason?

Edited by KJRenz