Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Man, I'm still praying for an Umbra 'frame to show up as nonplayable antagonist in u19. It would be amazing. Then we could argue for months over whether the 'frame was being Operated, whether it was (somehow, people seem to love this idea) independent, or whether it was being controlled by something else.

4 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Man, I'm still praying for an Umbra 'frame to show up as nonplayable antagonist in u19. It would be amazing. Then we could argue for months over whether the 'frame was being Operated, whether it was (somehow, people seem to love this idea) independent, or whether it was being controlled by something else.

Do....do you want th forums to explode or something?

I've been worrying myself over U19, the cinematic quest, Titania, and Umbra. Mostly because I keep seeing Titania referenced.

I'm hoping this whole thing will be similar to The Second Dream where:

Spoiler

Ivara was released with U18, and the cinematic quest had nothing to do with obtaining her. I'm hoping the quest leads to Umbra much akin to how The Second Dream lead to the operator.

Only time will tell. And now that SOTR has been released on PC, the soontm just got sooner...

51 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Do....do you want th forums to explode or something?

See.....remember the part where I have always been interested in Umbra, but never, ever in terms of "I want a cool Umbra skin for my Excalibur"? Hell, I don't even like Excalibur.

I have always been intensely interested in the whole Umbra thing as a vector for fascinating information into the setting. To me, the experience of actually playing as Umbra is less than irrelevant. The question of whether Umbra is a thing which can be played at all? The question of where it came from? Much more interesting.

I believe I came right out and said so, multiple times over the course of the thread. Using Umbra as a knock-off prosthetic Excalibur Prime so people can stop feeling bad about not being Founders is the least interesting way of releasing it.

Also, yes. I love harvesting salt.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

See.....remember the part where I have always been interested in Umbra, but never, ever in terms of "I want a cool Umbra skin for my Excalibur"? Hell, I don't even like Excalibur.

I have always been intensely interested in the whole Umbra thing as a vector for fascinating information into the setting. To me, the experience of actually playing as Umbra is less than irrelevant. The question of whether Umbra is a thing which can be played at all? The question of where it came from? Much more interesting.

I believe I came right out and said so, multiple times over the course of the thread. Using Umbra as a knock-off prosthetic Excalibur Prime so people can stop feeling bad about not being Founders is the least interesting way of releasing it.

*reads* Hmmmm......agreed. *long pause* *grins* pass the salt.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

i want ember umbra more  in all honesty ..... 

i like the design of excal umbra better then its other variations though 

though i dont see it just as a "here non founders new excal prime knock off", it will be unique in its own way im sure. along with the other umbras 

they will have their own rolls, to play 

56 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I care almost nothing about lore in this game, especially because I find that its almost always presented in the most vague and confusing way possible, take Inaros quest for example. As much fun as I had getting Inaros from his quest, I found it very poorly explained. First off, they give you zero indication what you're supposed to do with the urn. I actually had to look it up. Then you go do the farming thing, and how do they explain the story? With a bunch of voices going on in the background, and you just stand there, listening and trying to visualize the disjointed audio story presented before you. You want lore? Have lore. The codex is the best way I've seen to present lore and its almost never used to utilize it properly. Most frames have a vague intro and that's it. None of the npcs in the relay present you with lore. If they wanna explain the story they really should just novelize it or better yet, a graphic novel or some sort of manga would be awesone

26 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

so what are in the rail junctions  ? anything we need to discuss? 

They have some tasks to complete and offer rewards in exchange. What bufsme is the shadow on the other side if an energy wall threatening me whenever I get too close l.

I'm trying to complete mars junction, but one of the tasks makes me wait until an alert pops on earth on order to see what happens.

Not gonna spoil the rest of it (:

1 hour ago, -----LegioN----- said:

They have some tasks to complete and offer rewards in exchange. What bufsme is the shadow on the other side if an energy wall threatening me whenever I get too close l.

I'm trying to complete mars junction, but one of the tasks makes me wait until an alert pops on earth on order to see what happens.

Not gonna spoil the rest of it (:

Any alert works

Just now, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Any alert works

Doesn't matter, just finished it and the result was:

a specter (different on each junction) claiming to be the keeper of the junction, a fight with him in order to get to the console that activates it and a nice animation of my warframe activating the junction. Mission success and junction rewards being obtained. Nothing umbra related as was clearly said on devstream

32 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i wasnt asking if it was umbra but more of if the entity was lore implicating stuff -. o

Lore seems to be spread in the shape of cephalon fragments. there are 5 per planet and seem to appear randomly (I've currently found 2)

Edit: Just fought a specter talking about a secret rail O.o

Edited by -----LegioN-----

they might say something about umbra at tennocon being as they're covering the war within on saturday. I say might, but knowing de, likely not. I don't think they're gonna say anything. Were gonna have to find out on our own when pt3 comes out. Shame, its probably the only investment I have in part 3 and it will likely be entirely glazed over to talk about titania and other stuff.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

they might say something about umbra at tennocon being as they're covering the war within on saturday. I say might, but knowing de, likely not. I don't think they're gonna say anything. Were gonna have to find out on our own when pt3 comes out. Shame, its probably the only investment I have in part 3 and it will likely be entirely glazed over to talk about titania and other stuff.

I think they might say something, it would be the perfect time to get rid of rumors an what not. Plus you already know that when they do the Q&A that someone will ask the damn question. At this point it seem useless to just ignore it.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Deviant1994 said:

I think they might say something, it would be the perfect time to get rid of rumors an what not. Plus you already know that when they do the Q&A that someone will ask the damn question. At this point it seem useless to just ignore it.

i had someone who was supposed to at pax and also on a few interviews .... that didnt pan out -. -; 

id be at tenno con if it wasnt for work..and yes i would totally cosplay as umbra excal ... 

9 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i had someone who was supposed to at pax and also on a few interviews .... that didnt pan out -. -; 

id be at tenno con if it wasnt for work..and yes i would totally cosplay as umbra excal ... 

Honestly they know that people want an answer, to prolong it will just make something generally small, huge. They gave us Nikana Prime, Spira Prme, the nunchuck weapons, Wukong, Nezha, and the Zhuge. Only thing left is Excalibur Umbra, so outside of hotfixing they need to focus on Umbra.

Also me and you bro cosplaying Umbra lol. 

Edited by (PS4)Deviant1994

1 hour ago, (PS4)Deviant1994 said:

Honestly they know that people want an answer, to prolong it will just make something generally small, huge. They gave us Nikana Prime, Spira Prme, the nunchuck weapons, Wukong, Nezha, and the Zhuge. Only thing left is Excalibur Umbra, so outside of hotfixing they need to focus on Umbra.

They don't need to focus on Umbra, just because we want him now doesn't mean DE need to focus on him now, he'll come when DE are ready to release him.

Also it is very unlikely they are going to talk about Umbra as in the past they've said the whole Umbra thing is similar to second dream in terms of how tight lipped they are being about it since, would Second Dream have had the same impact if you had pretty much already knew more than 50% of the quest from DE talking about it before release?

11 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

They don't need to focus on Umbra, just because we want him doesn't mean DE need to focus on him, he'll come when DE are ready to release him.

Also it is very unlikely they are going to talk about Umbra as in the past they've said the whole Umbra thing is similar to second dream in terms of how tight lipped they are being about it since, would Second Dream have had the same impact if you had pretty much already know more than 50% of the quest from DE talking about it before release?

I'll rephrase I feel they should, but that's my opinion. Also I as a gamer,Otaku,Reader Etc. I am not bothered by spoilers or talk of different aspects of content prior to me seeing personally however, that is my choice. To me U19 seems like the perfect way to introduce him to the game as well as other Umbra Frames given how the story of the new quest is based around the twin queens who are Orokin according to the Kuria. Meh we'll see soon enough if he's there or not.

Edited by (PS4)Deviant1994

1 hour ago, NovusNova said:

They don't need to focus on Umbra, just because we want him now doesn't mean DE need to focus on him now, he'll come when DE are ready to release him.

Also it is very unlikely they are going to talk about Umbra as in the past they've said the whole Umbra thing is similar to second dream in terms of how tight lipped they are being about it since, would Second Dream have had the same impact if you had pretty much already knew more than 50% of the quest from DE talking about it before release?

All they are getting with being so tight lipped and delaying umbra(s) further with the excuse of "we want to make him/them special" is allowing expectations to grow higher and higher and eventually create disappointment when he's finally here. In the same way as happened with the secind dream and players that weren't happy with the operator reveal. (There's no way to make everyone happy anyways)

9 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

All they are getting with being so tight lipped and delaying umbra(s) further with the excuse of "we want to make him/them special" is allowing expectations to grow higher and higher and eventually create disappointment when he's finally here. In the same way as happened with the secind dream and players that weren't happy with the operator reveal. (There's no way to make everyone happy anyways)

In all honesty People are gonna being disspointed regardless of the hype because its "Not Excal Prime"