The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 hour ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

Unless you have information saying otherwise after Devstream 58 my comment still stands

per de the "global build" will get a warframe (at some point at time) a warframe classified as Excalibur Umbra along with a future line of warframe variations (not as many as prime) called the umbra warframes

(almost a year ago?) chinaframe had a founders program were the received a variation called excalibur umbra prime (EUP)

EUP is their variation of excalibur prime and has the prime passive for death orbs (to my knowledge this has not changed) 

On the international forums, there has been a discussion led by Rebecca with regards to the Chinese warframe. This discussion has lead to confusion over what the Umbra Excalibur, Nikana, etc etc. Therefore, we have had a discussion with DE in that effect.

As Rebecca has mentioned, we will be release a series of Umbra warframes (not skins), it is possible that there will be an umbra Excalibur as the first of the umbra series however the "Originator's" (which means founder) umbra Excalibur prime will not be commonly available. The Umbra Excalibur Prime is an exclusive warframe developed by DE for the Chinese version of warframe and is only available to "Originators". This warframe will not appear in game to purchase under the market nor will it drop in game. We (Changyou) and DE has finalized and agreed on this and will not be changing our position on this.

In other developments, the Prime (samurai blade or Nikana) and Prime (drill/screw Kunai) will not be on sale in the market and neither will it drop for China warframe players. These weapon are also exclusive to China warfame "Originators".On the international side however, these weapons will be released under an unknown format (might be event? market? Prime Access or anything that DE can think up of) after China warframe's Originator's pack sale have concluded

48 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

per de the "global build" will get a warframe (at some point at time) a warframe classified as Excalibur Umbra along with a future line of warframe variations (not as many as prime) called the umbra warframes

(almost a year ago?) chinaframe had a founders program were the received a variation called excalibur umbra prime (EUP)

EUP is their variation of excalibur prime and has the prime passive for death orbs (to my knowledge this has not changed) 

Your 2nd quote is a bit wrong as we clearly see a non founder (Originator) with EUP and we know from Dev 58 EUP is meant for China not just "Umbra"

7 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

1) I don't get why people are so excited about Excalibur Umbra. 

2) It's just a black excal with some cloth on his crotch. 

3) Saryn Umbra (prime) on the other hand would make me excited. 

1) I bet liking excal but being unable to get his upgraded version is just one reason. Other players like umbra because of the lore implications it might have, and I'm sure there are more reasons to want him or any other umbra.

2) Some cloth on his crotch could open space for some neat new attachments class, which could also be amazing.

3) i'd love her as long as her skin resembles something similar to a china dress (like the new chun-li's alt costume, for example) and/or finally get detachable skirts for every female frame

13 hours ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

Your 2nd quote is a bit wrong as we clearly see a non founder (Originator) with EUP and we know from Dev 58 EUP is meant for China not just "Umbra"

quote was as it was written (though it is a rough translation) i can provide the chinese variation 

i dont understand this "not just "Umbra"" part ? 

11 hours ago, oshunter124 said:

Either a glitch or something else.

im on the glitch theory 

also adding these to op 

22 hours ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Umbra will be special and unique , so it won't be another variant , and about making normal frames to primes , that's not happening , because according to lore , The Orokin made the Prime Frames first then the Tenno made copies and mass produced them , so the primes are the originals , you can't make an original from a copy , wouldn't make sense 

thats how i understood it , the first were made to specific individuals and later mass made variations were produced

i think of it in terms of some japanese anime. prototypes have high specs and the mass mades, while strong, are not fully at the same level 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

quote was as it was written (though it is a rough translation) i can provide the chinese variation 

i dont understand this "not just "Umbra"" part ? 

im on the glitch theory 

also adding these to op 

When I say just Umbra I meant the chinese don't have Excal Umbra they only have EUP because Excalibur Umbra is meant for the international community.

1 minute ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

When I say just Umbra I meant the chinese don't have Excal Umbra they only have EUP because Excalibur Umbra is meant for the international community.

exactly they have EUP which is kind of what started this whole...hype? while global receives just "umbra excal" 

the thing that has me thinking is when our global umbra is released, it comes to reason that it and the other umbras make their way to chinaframe in updates as well

also here is the exact post per chinaframe if you wanted to read it 

Spoiler

关于DE研发商社区经理Rebecca在国际服论坛中针对国服的说明,可能由于各种问题导致各位玩家对于国服独占“暗影圣装圣剑”有些疑问,对此,DE和我们一起进行一个说明。

正如R姐所说,研发商与我们未来可能将会推出一系列“暗影”战甲,即将推出的“暗影”系列中可能将会出现暗影圣剑,但是绝不会再出现国服独占的“暗影圣装圣剑”(即国际服所说的队长版)。暗影圣装圣剑是DE专门国服玩家量身打造,是独一无二的暗影圣装圣剑,创始人资格售卖结束之后游戏内不会再次进行售卖或是掉落,请广大预订玩家放心,这一点上我们和DE决不食言。

另外,关于圣装侍刃和圣装螺旋飞刃的绝版问题,售卖结束之后一定时间内国际服可能会以未知形式推出,但是在国服,这两件武器确实属于绝版,创始人资格售卖结束后,国服不会再进行售卖或是掉落。

以上,请大家知晓!有你们的支持,我们会尽最大努力做到更好!

i dunno if i already posted here anymore...but...

why do we need to have 3 versions of exacilbro?

1 pain to level and forma the first one... then the prime one and now even umbra? ....

why didnt you tell us or tell us what the last excalibro will be and then i only forma that one...

25 minutes ago, Cathy Toshlyra said:

1 pain to level and forma the first one... then the prime one and now even umbra? ....

why didnt you tell us or tell us what the last excalibro will be and then i only forma that one...

No we just need 2 versions of excalibur

35 minutes ago, Cathy Toshlyra said:

Serious question um why does it matter to you about Excalibur having 3 versions if you aren't a founder?

Edited by (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000

46 minutes ago, Cathy Toshlyra said:

Well, I guess a standard version and a premium one available to the whole community would be enough, sadly an exclusive one has been placed on the way. 

So yea, Umbra is needed because there must be an upgraded Excalibur for everyone to own! 

10 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Well, I guess a standard version and a premium one available to the whole community would be enough, sadly an exclusive one has been placed on the way. 

So yea, Umbra is needed because there must be an upgraded Excalibur for everyone to own! 

Must there be, though? Why?

1 hour ago, Cathy Toshlyra said:

For us console players only 1 excalibur exists.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

For us console players only 1 excalibur exists.

Same for us who didn't buy founders pack because of whatever reason. Currently the only way to get excal prime on PC seems to be getting a time machine and travel back to October 2013 or before. I'm pretty sad sure it won't change regardless of the community requests, salt, cries, rage, etc.

Edited by -----LegioN-----

1 hour ago, Cathy Toshlyra said:

Prime Version isn't obtainable and for the small crowd who were here during 2013 when DE was at their worst financially. So this is sorta a excal prime for everyone else.

On 7/16/2016 at 4:41 PM, Helch0rn said:

I don't get why people are so excited about Excalibur Umbra. 

It's just a black excal with some cloth on his crotch. 

Saryn Umbra (prime) on the other hand would make me excited. 

Because 99% of the people that play this don't even have an Excalibur Prime and Umbra seems like a fitting replacement cause he fits the criteria for being a prime: being stronger and being covered in ornamental gold. Of course you'll get other people in this forum that will tell you there's more to it than that, but no, not really. That's kinda it.

41 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

Because 99% of the people that play this don't even have an Excalibur Prime and Umbra seems like a fitting replacement cause he fits the criteria for being a prime: being stronger and being covered in ornamental gold. Of course you'll get other people in this forum that will tell you there's more to it than that, but no, not really. That's kinda it.

*shrugs and sighs* Its true.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

Because 99% of the people that play this don't even have an Excalibur Prime and Umbra seems like a fitting replacement cause he fits the criteria for being a prime: being stronger and being covered in ornamental gold.

in a nutshell, that is what a prime is, because the proper definition of a prime is: constructed with ancient technology as it was during the height of the Orokin era

gold is symbolic for being Orokin tech, so ya, if it has flashy gold, then it's Orokin, therefore....prime

Edited by Apoc001