Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

3 hours ago, Erebus_Nacht said:

No Moderator said that, he was saying to be civil and I agree.

19 hours ago, NovusNova said:

They have not mentioned anything to do with "Umbra Points" that is a player made suggestion or concept being passed of as "official".

nova stated in a very civil way that you're talking crap.

Edited by LorianTheElderPrince

On 7/25/2016 at 6:58 AM, LorianTheElderPrince said:

The whole Umbra delay seems to be about getting in the game in a way people would enjoy, they've mentioned it being a focus choice, transform a warframe into umbra with umbra points. They seems to not want it to be another prime part farm, if anything it'll be some sort of resource power up that changes a warframe into it's Umbra Variant. All this umbra rambling is just wild speculation based on the very light explanations from past devstreams.

I meant to write "Focus" Points not Umbra points, steve had mentioned Focus "maybe" <<<< being part of umbra, then I said if anything it'll be some sort of resource power up that changes a warframe into it's Umbra Variant. All this umbra rambling is just wild speculation based on the very light explanations from past devstreams. I also posted pictures that were photoshopped to english from the original chinese so english speakers could under stand, the translated files have been out there for a long time now. "Talking crap" < This is why I don't frequent the forums, I thought we could have a better discussion like I do with people on the Warframe Reddit. =( 

Edited by Erebus_Nacht

9 hours ago, Erebus_Nacht said:

its not that we cant discuss the info civil and what not, but  i think whats causing all the friction is the topic of rough translations and the miscommunication on the topics your bringing forth. 

the mods have provided info to your comments to try and resolve this 

so if youd like to try a repost on your topic/concept thats more clear on what your trying to discuss,  i think that would help ,

17 hours ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

The system changes/additions are likely spoilerific, based on what they have said. It's likely going to be similar to why Focus was kept so hush-hush during the build-up to the Second Dream.

and it was a completely unnecessary secret then. Its not like telling us what the deal is is gonna ruin the surprise. But god forbid we have any sort of excitement for what's gonna happen. God forbid we get any sort of hint or anything. The whole keeping the lid on it thing isn't making me more excited for a new system, on the contrary, its making me dread and hate not knowing about it because basically de is gonna drop a bomb on us with the new system and we won't get the opportunity to tell them if its really good or really sucks and we can't give it a fair criticism in case they need to tweak it until they release it. We can't tell them whether the idea sucks or not, they're just gonna drop it on us like "here, we did this" and were gonna just have to accept it, for better or worse. I sure do like knowing that the 400 plus dollars I put into this game is going towards developing """surprises""".

Edited by (XB1)ToothlessApollo

9 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

and it was a completely unnecessary secret then. Its not like telling us what the deal is is gonna ruin the surprise. But god forbid we have any sort of excitement for what's gonna happen. God forbid we get any sort of hint or anything. The whole keeping the lid on it thing isn't making me more excited for a new system, on the contrary, its making me dread and hate not knowing about it because basically de is gonna drop a bomb on us with the new system and we won't get the opportunity to tell them if its really good or really sucks and we can't give it a fair criticism in case they need to tweak it until they release it. We can't tell them whether the idea sucks or not, they're just gonna drop it on us like "here, we did this" and were gonna just have to accept it, for better or worse. I sure do like knowing that the 400 plus dollars I put into this game is going towards developing """surprises""".

bringing up the "I spent money " thing again .....

your not an investor/stock holder/employer of DE for spending that money...

you are a customer , plain and simple, you were compensated with items/plat, ect that you made that payment for....same as anyone else 

many have spent well over 400$ ....

in regards to what your "money" could have been spent on ..lets rationally think on it ...

servers, utilities , taxes, certification, staff pay, IT services, storage, antivirus, networking, ....ect its a large list of things , and then there are repairs and unexpected fees that pop up .... 

400 (probably of over years of time) is a drop of water in that line of costs they have to pay to keep everything afloat ....

also as to what they develop further ... lets see since consoles have gotten warframe ....there is a big list there on this games development, which the money would have been used towards to further progress the game at each time frame you made your monetary purchases 

the 400$ ..........(49.99 +79.99) x 3 =389.94  

basically youve bought 3 prime access packs (all items and the frames) 3x with a few of the console exclusives added in here and there if you wanted a break down .....

29 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

bringing up the "I spent money " thing again .....

your not an investor/stock holder/employer of DE for spending that money...

you are a customer , plain and simple, you were compensated with items/plat, ect that you made that payment for....same as anyone else

many have spent well over 400$ ....

in regards to what your "money" could have been spent on ..lets rationally think on it ...

servers, utilities , taxes, certification, staff pay, IT services, storage, antivirus, networking, ....ect its a large list of things , and then there are repairs and unexpected fees that pop up ....

400 (probably of over years of time) is a drop of water in that line of costs they have to pay to keep everything afloat ....

also as to what they develop further ... lets see since consoles have gotten warframe ....there is a big list there on this games development, which the money would have been used towards to further progress the game at each time frame you made your monetary purchases

the 400$ ..........(49.99 +79.99) x 3 =389.94

basically youve bought 3 prime access packs (all items and the frames) 3x with a few of the console exclusives added in here and there if you wanted a break down .....

nevermind the fact that you're entirely incorrect at attempting to decipher my financial expenditure, would it be equally feasible to provide a point?

Edited by (XB1)ToothlessApollo

1 minute ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

nevermind the fact that you're entirely incorrect at attempting to deciphering my financial expenditure, would it be equally feasible to provide a point?

His point is that whatever you paid for, you received. You did not give $400.00 to Digital Extremes in exchange for Excalibur Umbra, you got Platinum or Prime Access packs. You do not have some kind of entitlement to know what DE are doing with Umbra behind the scenes just because you have, in the past, bought other stuff from them.

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

His point is that whatever you paid for, you received. You did not give $400.00 to Digital Extremes in exchange for Excalibur Umbra, you got Platinum or Prime Access packs. You do not have some kind of entitlement to know what DE are doing with Umbra behind the scenes just because you have, in the past, bought other stuff from them.

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

well thank YOU for making a point. I was simply under the impression he wanted to be my accountant. (I'm glad I didn't hire him). I never made that insinuation. But I am starting to regret putting funds into this game if this is the type of marketing they're gonna do. We do fund this game. Yeah they have the founders, but they're still a small portion of the financial stimulation they needed to get off the ground. Without continued support after the founders pack the company would have tanked. I do not like the way they market the game anymore (<-here is my point). I don't like the whole surprise thing. Here's how surprises work: you have an announcement of a surprise; the receiver feels excitement; the idea of the surprise seems bearable to deal with because there is a known date of revelation of the surprise. For example, waiting for the day of release of a movie you anticipate, or your birthday, or Christmas. The patience seems reasonable because you know how long you have to wait, even if its a really long time. This has never had a revelation, and a surprise without a revelation becomes upsetting, confusing, worrying even. Its suspicious that they keep delaying it too. That's why its a terrible idea and a terrible marketing strategy.

Hey, you will never find me defending DE on the grounds that they are good at scheduling. They're kind of....not. See the whole debacle with the release of Spectres, hmmm? Which is something I'd rather not see in future.

Basically, the only way this could work is if they give a hard release date which is way, way conservative, giving themselves weeks and months to fully playtest all the changes in the update, and then stick to the release date. Even if the update is ready, playtested, bug free and waiting to go a week early, stick to the release date.

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Hey, you will never find me defending DE on the grounds that they are good at scheduling. They're kind of....not. See the whole debacle with the release of Spectres, hmmm? Which is something I'd rather not see in future.

Basically, the only way this could work is if they give a hard release date which is way, way conservative, giving themselves weeks and months to fully playtest all the changes in the update, and then stick to the release date. Even if the update is ready, playtested, bug free and waiting to go a week early, stick to the release date.

I don't ever think we have to worry about de being ready in advance so much as throwing out a buggy mess and fixing it with like a hundred hotfixes, which im surprised there's ever any delay, as they seem to do this already, all the time in fact.

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well its not cant get. ..its just the when is not clear ....

Well, we still don't know how it will be obtained.

It will be right (for me) if it will be through focus, because getting it is painful.

I meant to write "Focus" Points not Umbra points, steve had mentioned Focus "maybe" <<<< being part of umbra, then I said if anything it'll be some sort of resource power up that changes a warframe into it's Umbra Variant. All this umbra rambling is just wild speculation based on the very light explanations from past devstreams. I also posted pictures that were photoshopped to english from the original chinese so english speakers could under stand, the translated files have been out there for a long time now. "Talking crap" < This is why I don't frequent the forums, I thought we could have a better discussion like I do with people on the Warframe Reddit. =( 

sry if I came across as rude but it did seem like you were pulling that concept out of your behind. I've been skimming through these pages and no one has mentioned anything about upgrading a regular frame to an umbra.

4 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

sry if I came across as rude but it did seem like you were pulling that concept out of your behind. I've been skimming through these pages and no one has mentioned anything about upgrading a regular frame to an umbra.

well .....part of the metamorphosis theory a concept that we sacrifice a vanilla frame (or its parts) to gain the umbra or we have a trial that turns a vanilla to umbra ... (few variations back and forth) or earn umbra parts from trials/quests <-this was conjecture / fan derived

5 minutes ago, Deskhon said:

Well, we still don't know how it will be obtained.

It will be right (for me) if it will be through focus, because getting it is painful.

i kinda hope its from a quest or trial ....we earn the right to weild it through our conviction/effort 

did like the idea someone suggested of (second war within trailer) that the steps lead to umbra excal in a tomb or something in that snow storm (paraphrasing as i cant remember it exactly..)  

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well .....part of the metamorphosis theory a concept that we sacrifice a vanilla frame (or its parts) to gain the umbra or we have a trial that turns a vanilla to umbra ... (few variations back and forth) or earn umbra parts from trials/quests

but aren't umbras supposed to be dark primes or something like that? and primes are the original frames so you can't upgrade a vanilla to a prime. lore wise it doesn't make sense.

idk it sounds cool but im a little confused how it would fit in lore wise

When did Steve say this?

5 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

but aren't umbras supposed to be dark primes or something like that? and primes are the original frames so you can't upgrade a vanilla to a prime. lore wise it doesn't make sense.

idk it sounds cool but im a little confused how it would fit in lore wise

it was just a theory, and we arnt really sure what or how umbras are created themselves, mainly just conjecture 

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

it was just a theory, and we arnt really sure what or how umbras are created themselves, mainly just conjecture 

Not to mention Steve teasing us with "So you think you know what warframes are? I don't think you know what warframes are."

All this can still be thrown completely on its head by the War Within. 

Allso guys, the tone in here have gotten alot harsher lately, and I can only assume that is due to frustration. 

But please think about what you are discussing. If it winds you up too much, maby its better to leave the topic alone for a while, or untill we have more solids to go on from DE.

3 hours ago, arch111 said:

Allso guys, the tone in here have gotten alot harsher lately, and I can only assume that is due to frustration.

But please think about what you are discussing. If it winds you up too much, maby its better to leave the topic alone for a while, or untill we have more solids to go on from DE.

why? This forum has been more fun than the game has been. I'm bored outta my mind. At least here I can debate with people. I sure as hell won't get anything intellectual outta region chat and the games so dead all the fun people to argue with in alliance are off the game too. Relay chat maybe? They're almost as bad as region chat lol.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

why? This forum has been more fun than the game has been. I'm bored outta my mind. At least here I can debate with people. I sure as hell won't get anything intellectual outta region chat and the games so dead all the fun people to argue with in alliance are off the game too. Relay chat maybe? They're almost as bad as region chat lol.

Dang son