Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Second dream spoilers. Watch out, yo.

Stalker is a complete oddball at this point. He was a Gaurdian, a class that has never been mentioned anywhere and doesn't sound like the name of an Orokin caste. The physical Stalker that we fight has the same type of health as a Warframe, so presumably he controls the suit in the same way that we do.

But Umbras tho. I have no idea about them. Mogamu sparked this whole thing about them being the ones that killed the Orokin, but given what we know about Warframes now, it seems odd that there would be a whole frame designed for a little celebration ceremony. I don't personaly like wanton speculation, so this is about all I have to say.

Good gods I hope not. There's enough ridiculous abuse of astronomy in this game as is. The dark side of the moon is like the dark side of the earth - it only stays dark for a little while, then it's dawn.

the "dark side of the moon" Isn't called such because it is dark, it's called that because we can never see it from Earth because the moon rotates and orbits Earth over the same period.

If i could make up some random speculation, what if Umbra frames are customizations made by awakened Tenno? Perhaps Umbras have a higher affinity for channelling Focus?

the "dark side of the moon" Isn't called such because it is dark, it's called that because we can never see it from Earth because the moon rotates and orbits Earth over the same period.

If i could make up some random speculation, what if Umbra frames are customizations made by awakened Tenno? Perhaps Umbras have a higher affinity for channelling Focus?

and interesting thought, it does deserve some speculation , how would they affect the focus or if they could be a amplifier for other frames? 

guardian a caste to guard the orokin from the tenno or vice versa ...

were is the info on this guardian caste 

and why is the stalker so hateful of the tenno destroying the orokin , presumably because it was its duty to prevent this

Stalker codex-

Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent.

This is the only place Guardians are ever mentioned. Other codexes have their own wide range of military factions, from enslaved Grineer soldiers to Dax to Corrupted and the Lorists, but no Guardians. I think they were humans drafted last minute to fight in the Old War, but no one knows. The Stalker so far has sworn vengence against the Tenno for the destruction of the Orokin, but the Second dream has made things more complicated. We can't go much further unless we get more info on the Gaurdians.

very interesting 

were was this from which codex?

Stalker codex-

Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.
The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent.

This is the only place Guardians are ever mentioned. Other codexes have their own wide range of military factions, from enslaved Grineer soldiers to Dax to Corrupted and the Lorists, but no Guardians. I think they were humans drafted last minute to fight in the Old War, but no one knows. The Stalker so far has sworn vengence against the Tenno for the destruction of the Orokin, but the Second dream has made things more complicated. We can't go much further unless we get more info on the Gaurdians.

its just discussion for now. tenno, so far we have concepts and conjecture with a old demo video, our umbra may very well be a different sort 

it could very well be that umbras are the normal frames we work in mission, farming ECT,  that evolve to umbra  state  as they gain focus

This is my prediction as well. Given the route the story seems to be taking Umbra is our "Super Saiyan" form.

Personally I think that the Umbra frames should now be tied to focus and just be a skin you can unlock for your favorite frame. Lore wise all this would mean is that once a tenno has "mastered" a warframe they would get these Umbra Skins that would display their achievement ofcourse I would also like for them to be mastery rank locked something like 16-18 nothing too damn early like the stupid quest master ranks and the Sorties being open to MR4 which is $&*&*#(%& imo should be something like MR10 at the very least or 12 like the syndicate weapons hopefully they'll get fixed with the mastery rank restrictions rework.

lol you and everyone else so far xD

Except that it is part of the frame itself as seen in the screenshot below, which are from the same guy your original arsenal image is from (https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3g75tk/changyou_warframe_founder_pack/)

It can be worn with any other syandana and neither is it an auxiliary item (like Nekros his dreads or Valkyrs Bonds) unless they decide to cut it off and sell it seperatly, which i highly doubt given how much cloth they have put on the recent frames.

Syandana Options -

mJlFyzD.jpg

iYLsjOM.jpg

Edited by Manelag

Except that it is part of the frame itself as seen in the screenshot below, which are from the same guy your original arsenal image is from (https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3g75tk/changyou_warframe_founder_pack/)

It can be worn with any other syandana and neither is it an auxiliary item (like Nekros his dreads or Valkyrs Bonds) unless they decide to cut it off and sell it seperatly, which i highly doubt given how much cloth they have put on the recent frames.

Syandana Options -

mJlFyzD.jpg

iYLsjOM.jpg

Too bad, I'm quite in love with my ExcalP and I'd rather not to change it so I was really hoping to put the Umbra scarf on him.

Still unsure of which one if the two I'll end up using.

Still don´t understand one single hype post about this thing.

Umbra is just a exclusive thing china wanted in exchange for dem dollares/market.

They doesn´t demanded it, it was just a onehandwashtheother from boss to boss.

Now them devs/employers have a hard time to introduce them. You can even see this in the stream.

It´s asian market discrepancy all over again. Kojima knows what´s happening. \o/