The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

maybe umbra is a Void element type, like the umbra power in focus

its a currently unknown energy type

could be a great power, similar to novas, maybe do a damage over time due to void energy toxicity 

though i suspect it to be related to darkmatter 

Umbra Lance
Void Pulse creates a 6 meter aura around the player for 20seconds that lashes out at enemies with harmful Void energy, dealing 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 damage per second. 80,000 to unlock

225,000 / 337,500 / 450,000
 1 / 4 / 7 / 10

• Umbra Lance damage is of a unique unknown type.
  • Damage from Umbra Lance is not dealt per second as described, instead occurring at set 2 second intervals.

maybe umbra is a Void element type, like the umbra power in focus

its a currently unknown energy type

could be a great power, similar to novas, maybe do a damage over time due to void energy toxicity 

though i suspect it to be related to darkmatter 

Umbra Lance

Void Pulse creates a 6 meter aura around the player for 20seconds that lashes out at enemies with harmful Void energy, dealing 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 damage per second. 80,000 to unlock

225,000 / 337,500 / 450,000

1 / 4 / 7 / 10

• Umbra Lance damage is of a unique unknown type.
  • Damage from Umbra Lance is not dealt per second as described, instead occurring at set 2 second intervals.

I always thought that power was simply named as a coincidence.

Do we know for certain that it's not finisher damage?

off hand not sure, reading from others its non standard damage type

and possibly strong against sentients 

I always thought that power was simply named as a coincidence.

as did I but it could be a throw out to us on umbras actual power type by DE, or a hint, message ect...

and if it is, then that could give it its own nitch in game and bring in some possible interesting lore, and make it a good anti sentient warframe as void supposedly is very harmful to them

possibly similar to how novas non standard element type "antimatter"

EDIT:

also added some more of the discussion to OP

also cleaned it up a bit more 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Now, with that said...So I've been wondering why console gamers are getting pooped on once more. Not trying to start anything guys so calm urselves. I don't want this thread being pounded by raging hormones and the like. Anyhow, console gamers didn't have access to the Founders Pack back in the day due to PC getting the release of Warframe first. Not really upset about that, kinda saddened by it but it's understandable. Console gamers wouldn't have the game if not for DE and the guys who forked out decent money on a game that may have botched. Cudos and thanks to DE and the Founders, I really appreciate it, and I'm certain I'm not the only one. However, there's a new pack that's been released in China that they hold exclusive rights to. Now I'm usually not one to complain but I've dished out a sizable amount of money into this game( I dare say a sizable amount more than even the highest tier in the founders pack). I do this because I get to play this amazing game for free so giving back to the devs is my way of saying thanks. Not to mention all the amazing appearance items that have come out since the games launch, loving it. Getting back on topic, I feel as though we're(console gamers) are getting the shaft by being denied the opportunity to purchase this new Prime Excalibur Umbra pack. We were excluded from the original Founders Pack, which again understandable, but now I feel as though we're being totally overlooked. I'm not saying that we(again console gamers) should have exclusives over anyone else, I'm just saying that those of us(PC and Console gamers) who have put forth the time and money shouldn't be neglected when new content emerges from the wonderful minds that make up DE.

i smell a hint of entitlement with that  "Now I'm usually not one to complain but I've dished out a sizable amount of money into this game( I dare say a sizable amount more than even the highest tier in the founders pack)" line. Lemme shed some knowledge

plenty of founders didn't stop spending money on the game after buying founders

with that out of the way, that umbra pack that you are getting your knickers in a bunch over isn't being ran by DE. it's being ran by changyou/perfect world. for chinaframe. DE isn't running the show unlike when they ran founders. this is also their(china) version of founders. Are you founding chinaframe?

Edited by LordOfScrugging

Last i checked consoles have gotten a few exclusive skins since the game launched, also am pretty sure that Umbra is only a timed exclusive and will come in due time.

After a 3 second google, Excalibur Umbra Prime is a exclusive to China, Excalibur umbra will come in due time. 

I can completely understand why this is exclusive to China, it is the China founders pack!  Also due to the fact that consoles are pretty much the same build as pc, given a little bit behind, it is not an entirely new build and beast so therefore I do not really see the need for a console Founders pack.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Edited by Robj414

How are PS4/XBone players being shafted by not being able to buy the **Chinese Exclusive** Umbra/Founders pack? The global build is going to be getting him for free, the pack was released over there as well as the two China frames to help promote the game.

I don't really get what you're trying to get at with this thread.

- A fellow PS4 player.

I agree, they never said that we wouldn't get an Excalibur umbra pack. They did, however, state that Excalibur Umbra Prime would be exclusive to the Chinese Founders Pack. Not trying to start anything, especially the great debate between PC and Console gamers. I was merely sharing my thoughts on the exclusivity of this new Founders Pack that was recently released in China.

How are PS4/XBone players being shafted by not being able to buy the **Chinese Exclusive** Umbra/Founders pack? The global build is going to be getting him for free, the pack was released over there as well as the two China frames to help promote the game.

I don't really get what you're trying to get at with this thread.

- A fellow PS4 player.

we don't know how we're getting umbra over here. it could be a PA styled thing, it could be a prime vault styled thing, it could be a tenno reinforcement. could be an event. nobody knows, not even DE ._.

I agree, they never said that we wouldn't get an Excalibur umbra pack. They did, however, state that Excalibur Umbra Prime would be exclusive to the Chinese Founders Pack. Not trying to start anything, especially the great debate between PC and Console gamers. I was merely sharing my thoughts on the exclusivity of this new Founders Pack that was recently released in China.

like i said above. it's china's "FOUNDERS" pack. are you playing china frame and intend on founding it? if your answer is no then you don't get umbra prime, guy. wait for more information on global's umbra before spouting words of "inequality"

Edited by LordOfScrugging

i smell a hint of entitlement with that  "Now I'm usually not one to complain but I've dished out a sizable amount of money into this game( I dare say a sizable amount more than even the highest tier in the founders pack)" line. Lemme shed some knowledge

plenty of founders didn't stop spending money on the game after buying founders

with that out of the way, that umbra pack that you are getting your knickers in a bunch over isn't being ran by DE. it's being ran by changyou/perfect world. for chinaframe. DE isn't running the show unlike when they ran founders. this is also their(china) version of founders. Are you founding chinaframe?

I never said the founders stopped, the post simply stated that the Founders aren't the only ones who've invested money into the game. Only point I was making. No need to get ur "knickers", I believe you called them, in a bunch. To answer your latter question, indeed I would invest in chinaframe if given the opportunity. Why wouldn't I? It'd be no different than PC Founders pooling funds together and allowing the game to be released on the consoles. Makes sense to release the game in new areas. The games gonna be a hit, which means more money for DE and ChangYou/Perfect World. More money means more content.

I never said the founders stopped, the post simply stated that the Founders aren't the only ones who've invested money into the game. Only point I was making. No need to get ur "knickers", I believe you called them, in a bunch. To answer your latter question, indeed I would invest in chinaframe if given the opportunity. Why wouldn't I? It'd be no different than PC Founders pooling funds together and allowing the game to be released on the consoles. Makes sense to release the game in new areas. The games gonna be a hit, which means more money for DE and ChangYou/Perfect World. More money means more content.

if you meant that you'd have stopped at "...i've dished out a sizable amount of money" the inclusion of you claiming to pay more than the highest tier of founders implies you feel some sense of superiority. I left the spoiler there because for some odd reason there are those who got the notion that founders ONLY supported the game through founders and nothing more. I wasn't asking if you would found chinaframe cause it's it's separate game with chinese specific events "like that bachelor's day staff thing" that would in itself entice some. the issue is the whole chinese restrictions making that a non-possibility. so it's ruled out. you currently cannot get access to china frame so there is no sense in complaining about the founders package of a game you cannot even touch. Umbra vanilla will come in time. no need to spout nonsense about consoles being "shafted" like you said.

if you meant that you'd have stopped at "...i've dished out a sizable amount of money" the inclusion of you claiming to pay more than the highest tier of founders implies you feel some sense of superiority. I left the spoiler there because for some odd reason there are those who got the notion that founders ONLY supported the game through founders and nothing more. I wasn't asking if you would found chinaframe cause it's it's separate game with chinese specific events "like that bachelor's day staff thing" that would in itself entice some. the issue is the whole chinese restrictions making that a non-possibility. so it's ruled out. you currently cannot get access to china frame so there is no sense in complaining about the founders package of a game you cannot even touch. Umbra vanilla will come in time. no need to spout nonsense about consoles being "shafted" like you said.

Actually sir, you did ask if I'd found Chinaframe.

we don't know how we're getting umbra over here. it could be a PA styled thing, it could be a prime vault styled thing, it could be a tenno reinforcement. could be an event. nobody knows, not even DE ._.

like i said above. it's china's "FOUNDERS" pack. are you playing china frame and intend on founding it? if your answer is no then you don't get umbra prime, guy. wait for more information on global's umbra before spouting words of "inequality"

Also, if you'd bothered to read my original post, you would've seen that bit about how "PC & Console gamers" shouldn't be denied access to new content released from the wonderful minds at DE.

See, I started my topic by saying that no one should be offended by any posts within this thread. Yet there's always one guy that takes these things too seriously. Always one individual that likes to start some stuff, and d4mn3d if u didn't deliver bud. My hats off to you LordOFScrugging, you've shown everyone here who the sourpuss is in the forums.

Lol, I said sourpuss.

See, I started my topic by saying that no one should be offended by any posts within this thread. Yet there's always one guy that takes these things too seriously. Always one individual that likes to start some stuff, and d4mn3d if u didn't deliver bud. My hats off to you LordOFScrugging, you've shown everyone here who the sourpuss is in the forums.Lol, I said sourpuss.

No one is getting that Umbra prime package that China is getting except for China. You can wait like everyone else here for when Global build will get Umbra. No one knows what is going to come. It could be a cookie for all I care.

Could you not?

Edited by KJRenz

And by the by, De could've said no to the exclusive warframe. ChangYou/Perfect World would have to be incompetent to deny the release of Warframe because they didn't get exclusive content. The games gonna be an absolute hit over there, regardless. DE could've been like buster in the movie Norbit and turned the other cheek. Roflmao.

KJRenz, I give you my deepest apologies. I will not use that term ever again in ur thread. Not to say it won't be quoted, lol.