The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

5 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

I tend to think the same, but on the other hand I guess it may also come as something not linked to a big update; unless the "2 months" guess Steve made in January was referring to Umbra being part of 18.5, which seems anyway odd to me..

If they want to give him something special, it might make sense releasing him into a big update (u18.5 is the closest thing to the "2 months guess" given a while back by steve, given that u18.5 is here with no Umbra, U19 is the closest big update now. I'd still expect him to come later anyways)

Spoiler

7 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Looking at your post, apparently not! 

D: *jumps to toxic water, dies and oro appears*

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Oro not properly appearing after death

On 05/03/2016 at 4:28 PM, -----LegioN----- said:

Just a skin? After almost 10 months of a fully developed frame sitting in the bench waiting to be released? After all this time of listening DE saying that they want "something special" for him, and no giving any acurate info? You must be joking 

Not a chance.

2 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

If they want to give him something special, it might make sense releasing him into a big update (u18.5 is the closest thing to the "2 months guess" given a while back by steve, given that u18.5 is here with no Umbra, U19 is the closest big update now. I'd still expect him to come later anyways)

ditto this ^ 

im still thinking along the lines of summer with the way things are going 

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

ditto this ^ 

im still thinking along the lines of summer with the way things are going 

Iim still going off what steve tweeted, not 100% but I'm hoping it's only another month or so. Taking into account the fact that they were on break for a while around december.

41 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i think it was just guess work, i wont hold him to it or against him. im much more interested in the lore and mechanics factor 

Same, it was a forced wild guess due to continuous asking for a specific date. 

Though, on the other side I don't think that a 2 months guess can turn into 6, no matter how wild it was! 

Now it should start the classic middle time between big updates when there's nothing big too close to be discussed or shared regarding the upcoming update, which sounds to me like a perfect time to share some info on side projects, as Umbra. 

10 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Same, it was a forced wild guess due to continuous asking for a specific date. 

Though, on the other side I don't think that a 2 months guess can turn into 6, no matter how wild it was! 

Now it should start the classic middle time between big updates when there's nothing big too close to be discussed or shared regarding the upcoming update, which sounds to me like a perfect time to share some info on side projects, as Umbra. 

they also are working on the new star chart , plus they have this megathread which has lots of ideas they can pull from if they need to for ideas

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

6 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I would only expect Umbra's and most likely their cinematic quest to be released in the biggest updates, which I'm expecting in U19 but maybe even U20, since Second Dream was U18, but the way things are, I think they are trying to keep their progress a secret and they are doing a pretty good job at it.

Edited by (PS4)LenKun98

24 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

that is if they have a secret progress, last time they did state they had not even started on the project yet 

Maybe I can get some information, if any, out of DE_BadHorse next time he is on Twitch because I don't expect anyone say anything on the official streams.

Edited by (PS4)LenKun98

As a newer player who likes excalibur i hope DE doesn't mess this up. from what i can gather a lot of the community that loves excalibur would give an arm and a leg to have an excalibur prime and will be disappointed if they cant get a reasonable substitute at some point. I think the ideal release for Umbra would go as follows.

Give us Excalibur Umbra as a quest or grind reward. 

Make it have the same ability kit as the other two excaliburs and only change its stats so its better than regular excalibur and seperate but equal than prime. (Prime has 25 more armor (i think?), Umbra gets a boost in a different department or something as well as differnt polarities.)

Keep the exact same looks at the Chinese Version and also allow it to have the Prime Passive that allows it to interact with death orbs.

I think a release like this would widely satisfy those who desire Excalibur Prime but will never be able to have it.

Edited by Zalvion

9 minutes ago, Zalvion said:

As a newer player who likes excalibur i hope DE doesn't mess this up. from what i can gather a lot of the community that loves excalibur would give an arm and a leg to have an excalibur prime and will be disappointed if they cant get a reasonable substitute at some point. I think the ideal release for Umbra would go as follows.

Make it have the same ability kit as the other two excaliburs and only change its stats so its better than regular excalibur and seperate but equal than prime. (Prime has 25 more armor (i think?), Umbra gets a boost in a different department or something as well as differnt polarities.)

Keep the exact same looks at the Chinese Version and also allow it to have the Prime Passive that allows it to interact with death orbs.

I think a release like this would widely satisfy those who desire Excalibur Prime but will never be able to have it.

That would be a super reasonable way of doing it, yes.

The only thing I might suggest is changing the passive, making it, I dunno, weirder. I'll see if anything suggests itself to me.

59 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

That would be a super reasonable way of doing it, yes.

The only thing I might suggest is changing the passive, making it, I dunno, weirder. I'll see if anything suggests itself to me.

i have this irrational desire for it to be void based passive ... 

1 hour ago, Zalvion said:

so far its 95% similar Excalibur umbra prime from china 

its no matter what going to be a direct upgrade to vanilla excal

they have already told us as much, they are just unsure how to develop the system to release him and other umbras (parts drop location and lore implications)

5 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i have this irrational desire for it to be void based passive ... 

so far its 95% similar Excalibur umbra prime from china 

its no matter what going to be a direct upgrade to vanilla excal

they have already told us as much, they are just unsure how to develop the system to release him and other umbras (parts drop location and lore implications)

Orokin moon seems like a good place to drop Umbras, unless lore says otherwise and starchart 3.0 (another "special addition" to the game) brought a new planet where umbras can be obtained. 

Still looking forwards to U19 or even U20 bringing both, starchart 3.0 and Umbras.

14 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Orokin moon seems like a good place to drop Umbras, unless lore says otherwise and starchart 3.0 (another "special addition" to the game) brought a new planet where umbras can be obtained. 

Still looking forwards to U19 or even U20 bringing both, starchart 3.0 and Umbras.

Well with U18.5, on devstream 70 they said that the new Orokin moon missions have some Easter eggs hinting at some new upcoming quest

5 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

You mean u19? 

no i mean 18.5 lol, CONSOLE xD

Well with U18.5, on devstream 70 they said that the new Orokin moon missions have some Easter eggs hinting at some new upcoming quest

well yes, also you can get shadow debt mods from there it seems , which is nice ....

38 minutes ago, (PS4)LenKun98 said:

Maybe warping between realities has to do with umbra.....hmmmmm

Just now, Demoonic said:

Maybe warping between realities has to do with umbra.....hmmmmm

It seems to me that you are traveling into a pocket dimension rather than traveling in time, because there are no orokin from the gameplay I've seen inside the vaults when you go through a void rift

origin system-> rift(say hi to limbo 1) ->void

its more like a timeslip, a small space of reality which is tethered to the past, we can jump back and actually alter the past versions in spy missions.

the orokin holograms and ghosts also yeild to the fact this areas time/space elements are not so stable

here is a break down 

Spoiler

2000px-World_line.svg.png

almost like playing portal lol but with time also

8 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

origin system-> rift(say hi to limbo 1) ->void

its more like a timeslip, a small space of reality which is tethered to the past, we can jump back and actually alter the past versions in spy missions.

the orokin holograms and ghosts also yeild to the fact this areas time/space elements are not so stable

here is a break down 

Reveal hidden contents

2000px-World_line.svg.png

almost like playing portal lol but with time also

That could work but it doesn't explain why you wouldn't run into an Orokin in one of the spy vaults at one point