The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Today is the day bois, lets all wait with bated breath that we get something talked about today! I'll be avoiding this thread until they release the VOD so I don't prematurely destroy my hype if they shut us down again

9 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I'm on university right now, and I'm not gonna be back on time to see it, so I'd appreciate any update about Umbra on devstream if they give us even a small snippet of info *dismal lotus enabled* not likely anyways

Np ill make sure to sume it up in a post and edit OP to reflect any news

1 minute ago, Demoonic said:

Today is the day bois, lets all wait with bated breath that we get something talked about today! I'll be avoiding this thread until they release the VOD so I don't prematurely destroy my hype if they shut us down again

says its changed to 11...DX

Dev 72

-umbra will be coming along with something big <--next large cinematic quest is my thought 

•  [classified] status on umbra stuff is the case .... they want it to be a surprise , similar to how the second dream was kept under wraps and was a big surprise 
  • steve initially joked that it could only be from the con . but that was a joke ....not cool steve....

-a new entity will be the focus of the the quest

-new hair styles, outfits for operators, new armor pieces for them as well

-new warframes

-mod fusing is in dev

updates to come as info is shown in dev stream

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

7 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Dev 72

-umbra will be coming along with something big <--next large cinematic quest is my thought 

•  [classified] status on umbra stuff is the case .... they want it to be a surprise , similar to how the second dream was kept under wraps and was a big surprise 
  • steve initially joked that it could only be from the con . but that was a joke ....not cool steve....

-a new entity will be the focus of the the quest

-new hair styles, outfits for operators, new armor pieces for them as well

-new warframes

-mod fusing is in dev

updates to come as info is shown in dev stream

Thank you!

I guess umbra(s) might be revealed in the quest explaining what a warframe is, hopefully on U19, alongside the kavats quest.

*dismal mode enabled* most likely on december, or even later with U20

volt rework

powers:passive:static charge

1. same
  2. shield gets new animation and shocks enmies close to it
  3. speed is same, but makes worm hole that allows allies to choose it they want the buff
  4. charge does AOE then turns enmies into tesla coils. the coil damage is based on the enemies HP, if enemy does not shock enemies it charges up and deals more damage. pwr 1 buffs this .enmies close together kill each other if grouped close 

currently pwr 4 lasts forever, but they are still tweaking this rework its not finished but thats the basic concept they are going towards

4 is also CC if enemy is a tesla coil  

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

3 hours ago, Demoonic said:

Woo! We got the Soon™! That's all I wanted really, now I can finally take off my tinfoil hat! 

Steve also said in October that an Umbra release in 2015 was "likely", coming January where it was announced they have made zero progress on him. Just something to think about.

2 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Steve also said in October that an Umbra release in 2015 was "likely", coming January where it was announced they have made zero progress on him. Just something to think about.

"Umbra Excalibur is coming 'sort of soon' and the delivery is shaping up quite well, it should be a pleasant surprise"

Can't help but feel glad that they talked about/gave positive news on him. It's more than we've had for some time now even if it says "sort of soon" 

Edited by Demoonic

13 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

"Umbra Excalibur is coming 'sort of soon' and the delivery is shaping up quite well, it should be a pleasant surprise"

Can't help but feel glad that they talked about/gave positive news on him. It's more than we've had for some time now even if it says "sort of soon" 

Sounds more like they're trying to appease the umbra fans. Well anyway my hype for umbra was crushed long ago

Edited by khydhy

Just now, khydhy said:

Sounds more like they're trying to appease the umbra fans. well anyway my hype for umbra was crushed long ago

Then why are you still posting in this thread? If you don't care about it then why bother trying to bring everyone else's hype down

1 minute ago, Demoonic said:

Then why are you still posting in this thread? If you don't care about it then why bother trying to bring everyone else's hype down

Cause them mentioning Excal Umbra clearly (not the evasive answers we got so many devstreams) get my hopes up.

On 30/03/2016 at 10:38 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

no ones depressed ,  just simply inquiring as to the why?

with 8+ months of waiting with zero news on development or updates on a project. it literally makes no sense when de has multiple project teams. umbra was sidelined due to the second dream initially, and never picked it up again...

the thing is Excal Umbra is already completed model, the model and setup already exists, it literally just needs implementation and lore and thats it.

so many are just wondering why it hasnt been worked on or implemented in some shape or form

my personal standpoint is we have to be patient, and  remain constructive/encouraging to de in a positive light.

and asking for stuff on april 1st is just asking for de to troll us......

but it would be nice to know whats going on

simply stating wait isnt a valid point anymore for the length of time. excal prime has existed since the begining, so technicall the general comunity has waited years to get a direct upgrade that is not excal prime.

also im on console, we wait a LOT for any new warframe updates, and knowing this we will  probably be getting umbra last ..especially xb1 ....

put that shaker down lol, we dont need snails and slugs to dissolve  

well i w8 2 winters for the focus system didibt die and they say they want some quest "ish" too bring umbra ppl are just qq cuz china have it there a lot of stff u have too w8 DE is just finishing things they sayed in Devstream 14  basic 2years later  and u guys want umbra in 5 months or so it will come one day is coming when they it comes it comes but it take time