The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

thats one theory discussed , quite a few thoughts spread on that and stalkers origins and how they could be tied together 

the only thing that is solid info , is that shadow stalkers base model is excaliber umbras 

Then maybe the acolytes tie in to this. 

Edited by Ghost_1302

Just now, Ghost_1302 said:

Then maybe the acolytes tie in to this. 

the event itself [shadow debt] is not releated to umbras

from Original post stalker section:

This event is NOT related to umbra, specifically stated By DE in devstream 67

But, one concept discussed is that it may be possible that the stalker and his acolytes  are the "limited" pool of warframes that will have an umbra alternative, there is no evidence to support this, it is just a hypothesis.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Acolyte

"Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me." - Stalker

ive wondered if there is hints or teasers in the quotes the acolytes spoke 

Warframe0005.jpg

8 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Too bad they were not related!

the event was specifically stated to not be related ..but the acolytes were never noted to not be related themselves (loop hole?) 

10 hours ago, Efaurok said:
  Hide contents

Hide contents

Warumb06.png

x)

Warumb06.png

lol had me laughing xD this will become a new meme ..i just know it ...

EDIT

OP editing is working again 

added the art and tweaked the misc section

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

I've read through a few forum topics and from what I understand , Excalibur Umbra is not only a full new warframe rather than a skin..but supposedly the beginning of a whole line of " Umbra " warframes. So I have a question for those who know the most about this. 

If this is a whole new warframe / warframe type like Primed warframes , are they just gonna have the same abilities and a new look? I really don't see the point in farming yet another version of a frame just to look different.

Also I've heard they are supposed to be a like..darker / warped version of the originals / primes..so could that mean its possible we may have to fight against some of them? Kinda like with stalker in his recent quest?

And lastly , I'm sure nobody can surely answer this but it should be somewhere around update 19 right? Months ago when I heard about Excalibur Umbra ( when I thought it would just be a skin rather than a frame like in Chinese version) I glanced at the Chinese founders pack and the weapons coming with him were drill looking throwables and a golden samurai type sword , which as of update 18 I now know the american version has as the Spira and Nikana Prime..so this could be soon possibly? 

PS. Sorry this is so long

8 minutes ago, KvngJ said:

If this is a whole new warframe / warframe type like Primed warframes , are they just gonna have the same abilities and a new look? I really don't see the point in farming yet another version of a frame just to look different.

In a cynical view, yes, it's largely cosmetic. That said, they're going to be lore-related in some way, so the act of farming them might tie into the story

3 minutes ago, KvngJ said:

Not exactly. Because this a topic none can be exact about besides DE , its all up to opinion and speculation of what could be

So what more do you want? We ONLY have speculations. Last information from DE we had was that Umbra is coming "sort of soon".  

Just now, MrDar1o said:

So what more do you want? We ONLY have speculations. Last information from DE we had was that Umbra is coming "sort of soon".  

That's just it. Peoples speculation / thoughts on what they think it could be. That's what I gave the questions for. To see what other people may think of whats been found out so far. Thats all.

Just now, KvngJ said:

That's just it. Peoples speculation / thoughts on what they think it could be. That's what I gave the questions for. To see what other people may think of whats been found out so far. Thats all.

And I gave you this thread, which exist for questions like these. 

2 hours ago, KvngJ said:

Hopefully surprising.

that is what many of us hope for

De has been very ... unforth coming on the subject. as they state that the surprise will be similar to second dreams ..answers (more questions imo..)

speculating and discussing what can or cannot be helped narrow down possible scenarios of implementation..granted De can and probably through us a curve ball on it that we wont expect 

Excalibur umbra is a direct upgrade to the vanilla frame we know.

things that are known is it will have

-new system of implementation (how you get it)

-new line of warframes following it : UMBRA WARFRAMES

-these frames have a more restricted pool then primes -not all frames get umbra, but all get prime

-a new passive or mechanic to make them viable and tie in with the new quest /enemy/entity that comes

-new lore that possibly ties with ballas ,as DE in tweets have noted that the next big quest will tie with him. noted when saryn primes second trailer was reveled 

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

it was a few dev streams back

"every frame will have a prime, but not all frames will have an umbra"

Tbh I think that's a very good idea because it makes them feel special even though they're a side grade to primes, which I think they should stay.