Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need Rhino but

Dj8PoWer

Question

10 answers to this question

The Prime version was vaulted, so you can't farm it takes, only buy from other players.

As a general rule of thumb, farm out the basic version first, and see if you actually like playing that frame before you start investing plat.  I have all the frames, but I only enjoy playing like 4 of them.

I would suggest that you always get the "normal" version of a frame before spending time/platinum for a primed version, because maybe you won't even like that frame. In the long long term you'll want every frame for mastery points but for a starting player definitely go for the things that look cool first.

1 minute ago, UltimateGrr said:

The Prime version was vaulted, so you can't farm it takes, only buy from other players.

As a general rule of thumb, farm out the basic version first, and see if you actually like playing that frame before you start investing plat.  I have all the frames, but I only enjoy playing like 4 of them.

Thank you, i'll do it

3 hours ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

Don't buy it, it has basically no difference from the normal version but the fashion but you can even argue about that 

An extra Naramon polarity, so one less Forma needed. Higher armour, which means more survivability and also means higher Iron Skin which in turn means more damage with Iron Shrapnel. Faster Sprint Speed, counteracting Rhino's primary weakness. There's as much reason to get Rhino Prime over Rhino as there is to get any Prime over the regular version.

Edited by Drathe

17 minutes ago, Drathe said:

An extra Naramon polarity, so one less Forma needed. Higher armour, which means more survivability and also means higher Iron Skin which in turn means more damage with Iron Shrapnel. Faster Sprint Speed, counteracting Rhino's primary weakness. There's as much reason to get Rhino Prime over Rhino as there is to get any Prime over the regular version.

The base armor does not work on iron skin, only armor mods, also the one polarity is really not worth it because rhino prime is worth 200-300p and a forma is free or 20p. Sprint speed does not matter because you will be sliding and bullet jumping. If you use iron shrapnel for dmg you don't play him in high level content . Please don't argue if you don't have the facts right

6 hours ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

The base armor does not work on iron skin, only armor mods, also the one polarity is really not worth it because rhino prime is worth 200-300p and a forma is free or 20p. Sprint speed does not matter because you will be sliding and bullet jumping. If you use iron shrapnel for dmg you don't play him in high level content . Please don't argue if you don't have the facts right

This is incorrect.

Base armor does affect your Iron Skin in additional to armor mods and makes an even more noticeable difference when using Ironclad Charge. Rhino with Vanguard helm is faster spamming Roll than most any other frame using bullet jump because your roll speed is based on your Sprint Speed. You also gain 75% mitigation and CC immunity during the action.

There's actually more reason to have Rhino Prime over the normal variant as he's one of the few (Only?) one who's abilities actually function at higher performance.

-----

To OP, if you end up liking Rhino get the Prime. You can either buy him now for ~300p or wait till around spring-summer next year since he'll be due to unvault after Ember which should be this winter. If you want to buy him, try getting the parts separately over time, you can generally save a little plat, but it takes longer.

I have rhino p, but and while the armor and speed buff is a plus, I have to say that unless you plan to take him to sorties, there's really no point to get the prime other than decoration, because the differences wont matter too much in sub-endgame missions.  The major buffs between regular and primes seem to happen more with weapons; not really with frames.