Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

#MakeBroberonGreatAgain

Troyard-Slaine

I hear rumors of Oberons rework and on the wiki it says he will so hopefully it's a nice rework and not just because Titania is coming into play but because Oberon actually needed it.

Alright so here's my ideas for his abilities:

Ability #1: His 1 should keep the proc on the target but instead of shooting balls out it should blind enemies within proximity of the target (as he is a paladin who are users of light I believe he should have more blinds) affected by power range and duration of course. Think about it.. you proc radiation on the target and as the enemies in proximity are blinded it will kill them xD

Ability #2: The power of light is very versatile so I believe his 2 ability should be able to switch between two skills almost like Ivara with her 4 skills on her first ability. It should keep the box like thing on the ground but the first part of the skill is DEFENSIVE you put carpet on the ground and walls come up making it like an actual 3D box. Enemies can walk through the walls but are blinded upon entry. Bullets cannot pass through said walls xD. The second skill which is a switch to like Ivaras is the same thing a 3D box but it does DAMAGE and survivors receive the Radiation proc or blind (I don't really care which). I would say it would work similar to the Hado #90 http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Kurohitsugi

(not a bleach fan I just think it would work for Broberon) And of course all is affected by range and duration^  DMG of 2 is affected by power strength

Ability #3: Come on DE you know we all don't want that travel time >.>

Ability #4: I like it but it could use an increase of base range so stretch alone could get it to 36m and the DMG (T_T) please buff it.<I am thinking though because his #2 would be more versatile then his 4 could be a buff to all allies. Sorta like the smeeta kavats (aye that animal synergy though) casting it gives a random 1 of 4 buffs (can recast to stack and get new buff) affected by pwr strength, duration,and range should be the affinity range> Buffs could be armor increase, damage increase, immunity, or speed increase.

NOT asking for Oberon to become OP just if he's going to be a versatile frame then make it to where his abilities are balanced within themselves.

PS: Bro's augments are trash

Titles a little wrong there... "again" is kinda saying he was great sometime in the past. 

As he is.. hes always had an identity crisis. His skills all have priest/cleric/paladin names.. but they're all radiation based? And for some reason he keeps getting shoved at the nature theme. 

His #1 should really just be like a bolt of lightning from the sky on an enemy or group of enemies, you know.. as if god smited them. Goes by the name. Smite. With your addition of blind though.. ZAP, BOOM! then all things around it get blinded from the light? 

Not sure I can really picture your #2 in my head, sounds like way too much going on. Can't he just say a prayer and buff his allies with the status immunity instead of having to corral his sheep into a pen. 

#3, agreed. BUT I'd also rather not the stupid thing turn off when I hit full life if I have duration remaining on the timer. Makes the death timer buff useless on it. 

#4 an increase to range would be nice, to around other AOE frames. You can't really build him for it if he can't reach the enemies. Damage wise hes still okay. its more than most frames, you just cant reach many enemies with its short range. 

More to the point though, his abilities don't just have to be balanced within themselves.. that leaves him a boring frame. He needs his abilities to actually function together and have some sort of focus. like.. they'll all benefit from range mods.. or duration mods.. etc. currently he kinda has a heal thats the inverse of the others by needing pwr/duration, instead of range, his ult needs pwr+range but less duration, his #1 needs Power and duration mainly with some range.. and his box.. you tell me, i never use it cus I never stand still long enough to use it effectively

31 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Titles a little wrong there... "again" is kinda saying he was great sometime in the past. 

As he is.. hes always had an identity crisis. His skills all have priest/cleric/paladin names.. but they're all radiation based? And for some reason he keeps getting shoved at the nature theme. 

His #1 should really just be like a bolt of lightning from the sky on an enemy or group of enemies, you know.. as if god smited them. Goes by the name. Smite. With your addition of blind though.. ZAP, BOOM! then all things around it get blinded from the light? 

Not sure I can really picture your #2 in my head, sounds like way too much going on. Can't he just say a prayer and buff his allies with the status immunity instead of having to corral his sheep into a pen. 

#3, agreed. BUT I'd also rather not the stupid thing turn off when I hit full life if I have duration remaining on the timer. Makes the death timer buff useless on it. 

#4 an increase to range would be nice, to around other AOE frames. You can't really build him for it if he can't reach the enemies. Damage wise hes still okay. its more than most frames, you just cant reach many enemies with its short range. 

More to the point though, his abilities don't just have to be balanced within themselves.. that leaves him a boring frame. He needs his abilities to actually function together and have some sort of focus. like.. they'll all benefit from range mods.. or duration mods.. etc. currently he kinda has a heal thats the inverse of the others by needing pwr/duration, instead of range, his ult needs pwr+range but less duration, his #1 needs Power and duration mainly with some range.. and his box.. you tell me, i never use it cus I never stand still long enough to use it effectively

Makes him viable for late game Excavation and Defense xD

A lightning bolt? Nah Volt needs a better looking 1st

I do understand your thoughts on #2 but hey people forget Frost is also an offensive frame because he has a nice looking sheep pen xD

Can we just have his 3 turned into a straight up toggle with no travel time, instead of this stupid duration and toggle like how WoF use to be? Would really make him a decent healer.

Something like 50hp/second and scales with power strength with maybe a hard cap of 150hp/second, maybe less, who knows.

Maybe give it a base range of 50m or whatever the Tenno affinity range is to encourage people to stay close.

This overall would help since then when someone goes down, you don't have to waste like 4 seconds to cast the power to increase the bleed timer and also helps with the phoenix augment since you don't have to do some crazy negative duration build to increase the power duration so it has a decent chance of working.

I support idea of pushing idea of Broberon ("support" style) since sometimes it is what i like, and having some other pick other than Trinity would be nice. Same role as Trinity, but not Trinity.

• Smite and Reckoning are kinda useful. So no need to buff them.
  • Hallowed Ground armour buff is counterproductive. It means nothing for tanks, it helps nothing squishes. And why would we even stay in death zone? One way to fix it is give base armour buff of blank 100 armour (altered by power strenght) so squishies will benefit greatly.
  • Other option for Hallowed Ground is pure offensive. Which mean remove buff, add some kind of slow and or shields/armour % drain.
  • Phoenix Reneval augment is  master troll and very counterintuitive, the better base reneval we mod, the worse phoenix reneval is. WTH? Phoenix Reneval should be chanded so it revives bleeding allies. That would right amount of OPness. Other option is to just make Reneval simply duration based with ticking healing. Could be even sustain. "Stay with me if you want to live"

Most of all we need DE started Oberon community talk. So we knew that DE sees there is a problem. Spaming Oberon topics every week keeps forum alive, but it does not improve anything.

Edited by felixsylvaris

5 hours ago, Thebel said:

Can we just have his 3 turned into a straight up toggle with no travel time, instead of this stupid duration and toggle like how WoF use to be? Would really make him a decent healer.

Something like 50hp/second and scales with power strength with maybe a hard cap of 150hp/second, maybe less, who knows.

Maybe give it a base range of 50m or whatever the Tenno affinity range is to encourage people to stay close.

This overall would help since then when someone goes down, you don't have to waste like 4 seconds to cast the power to increase the bleed timer and also helps with the phoenix augment since you don't have to do some crazy negative duration build to increase the power duration so it has a decent chance of working.

This^ this is by far the best solution I've heard for his 3

I feel like Broberon is too much of a paladin and doesn't suit the name Oberon, let's include some more nature skills

For his 2 I was thinking of making it a placeable object (like a small shrine or something) that has a health bar so it can be destroyed but enemies have a 25% - 50% to miss (much like titania) allowing oberon to spread his buff across the level, we may want a limit on it since he could spam it.

The augment could still work with a few tweaks, make it so the explosion happens when you hold the button for X amount of time, it does burst damage like normal. We could change it entirely so instead of damage it heals allies for some burst healing.

8 hours ago, ScribbleClash said:

Oberon is not a Paladin. He is a Paladin/Druid-type. Thus fixating on only the one aspect would be a fatal flaw.

Somebody who understands! Using all of Oberon's different assets will maximize his potential. Too few realize doing practically everything decently is incredible. He surely doesn't need a buff, however there are still tweaks I'd like done to him.

2 hours ago, TheGoodNamesGotTaken said:

This^ this is by far the best solution I've heard for his 3

I feel like Broberon is too much of a paladin and doesn't suit the name Oberon, let's include some more nature skills

For his 2 I was thinking of making it a placeable object (like a small shrine or something) that has a health bar so it can be destroyed but enemies have a 25% - 50% to miss (much like titania) allowing oberon to spread his buff across the level, we may want a limit on it since he could spam it.

The augment could still work with a few tweaks, make it so the explosion happens when you hold the button for X amount of time, it does burst damage like normal. We could change it entirely so instead of damage it heals allies for some burst healing.

Couldn't you just take his Hallowed ground and replace the texture and mesh with say vines? And then add on the effects that enemies are either slowed(hard to walk on), decreased accuracy (hard to stand on), % fall chance(hard to walk on)?, or even stop any movement and say the vines are holding the mobs in place Is it basically Ice Wave Impedance? Yes but can effectively be changed to represent a more druid-like power/ ability. Make the base range bigger (wider), bit longer duration, and it's useful to some degree though it might need to lose the armor buff effect but can keep the no KD buff by implying the vines are helping hold you in place as well.

To some extent I don't want more burst heals since that's a reactive kind of thing when a pally should be more proactive and keeping his party safe from the major losses, effectively preventing the need for major burst heals.

Trinity can be proactive and reactive with Well of Life, EV aug, and Bless which is suited for a healer. Oberon should do his roll as a pally trying to be one step ahead of Trinity.

Also I don't think Druid and Pally are mutually exclusive but can be inclusive when you consider the roll of a Pally and then the abilities of a Druid, I think an actual medium can be found if you look at it as his role as a Pally using a Druid's powers/abilities.

Edited by Thebel

3 hours ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

Somebody who understands! Using all of Oberon's different assets will maximize his potential. Too few realize doing practically everything decently is incredible. He surely doesn't need a buff, however there are still tweaks I'd like done to him.

Using Oberon effectively isn't the easiest, but it's certainly not hard. Too many people on this forum run into some Ash saying that Oberon is trash and then just run with it. Too many people try to argue that because 4 other frames can each do one thing that Oberon can do that Oberon is useless as a result.

All he needs is to have Hallowed Ground be a PBAoE that follows him around and is a toggle and then have Renewal stay active on your allies for the full duration even after they reach full health. If they changed these two things he'd be perfectly fine.

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

Using Oberon effectively isn't the easiest, but it's certainly not hard. Too many people on this forum run into some Ash saying that Oberon is trash and then just run with it. Too many people try to argue that because 4 other frames can each do one thing that Oberon can do that Oberon is useless as a result.

All he needs is to have Hallowed Ground be a PBAoE that follows him around and is a toggle and then have Renewal stay active on your allies for the full duration even after they reach full health. If they changed these two things he'd be perfectly fine.

I'd way rather have Hallowed Ground get more range or buffing power, but yeah, I agree.