Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neural Sensors HELP

Levi

Question

So I've recently started playing again(I played during March 2016) but I never really played all that much and got to this point in the game, but I've recently been playing Warframe somewhat heavily and I have no idea where I should be farming for neural sensors. 

I've killed Alad V multiple times because the Wiki said that he has a high chance of dropping it and I haven't got a single one. Should I keep killing him or is there an easier way to get them?

18 answers to this question

Just now, VisionAndVoice said:

Jupiter AND Raptor boss fight on Europa.

that fight is the most annoying, tedious, and lame bossfight ever. the stupid thing flys around at 90 MPH, rarely shows his horribly hitboxed weakspot, then when he does he cheapshots you 1 second after. the thing is a scaled up osprey with high stats and a stupidly small weakspot. atleast j3 golem was a cool boss to fight, and was unique in some way, even though it also had the atrocious small hitbox mechanic, but atleast it was a cool boss with unique attacks. raptor is worse, because its got an even SMALLER hitbox, isnt unique at all, his fight is painstakingly long for the wrong reasons, and UGHHH i just hate that fight.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)BroaderSaucer said:

that fight is the most annoying, tedious, and lame bossfight ever.

Have you fought Vay Hek?

rarely shows his horribly hitboxed weakspot, then when he does he cheapshots you 1 second after. the thing is a scaled up osprey with high stats and a stupidly small weakspot.

It doesn't have a weakspot, it has an invincibility phase. Otherwise it's vulnerable everywhere.

then when he does he cheapshots you 1 second after.

What? It has three attacks - survivable machine gun, mines, which are avoidable, and homing missilies, which are a pain and more difficult to avoid, but at least they are telegraphed and it uses it only twice per fight.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)BroaderSaucer said:

the thing is a scaled up osprey with high stats and a stupidly small weakspot.

Again, if it wasn't for this piece I'd thought you're describing Vay Hek fight, because otherwise it describes Vay Hek, not Raptor.

Edited by VisionAndVoice

I'll be completely honest: I may be lucky. However, I usually get one neural sensor every time I fight Alad V. What weapons do you normally use? I just slam my Broken War into him and his Zanuka several times. I find it to be really easy to speedrun.

Put a distilling extractor on Jupiter and keep it running 24/7.

To build up a stash it can maintain, run any Jupiter syndicate, alert, and endless mode when you can tolerate doing them. Equip the diggingest kubrow and master thief. Rifle every locker and breakable container you can find. Once you get around 30 of them, the distiller should be able to keep in neural sensors as long as you're not building dual kamas every day.

I used to farm my Neural Sensors @ Alad V node with a Nekros in the squad.
Alternatively, if this gets boring you can try Survival Jupiter.
But no I don't even try, I just bring my Smeeta Kavat and rack up things, yesterday it was 12 Neural Sensors.

If you need neutral sensors, I recommend that you breed a Smeeta Kavat on top of farming Alad V. It may take a while, but think of it as an investment. Its Charm ability has a chance to give you a pile of rare resources from the planet you're on, so while farming for neutral sensors from Alad V, your Kavat will occasionally give you a bundle of 5-20 neural sensors.

Edited by Heckzu

1 hour ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Have you fought Vay Hek?

It doesn't have a weakspot, it has an invincibility phase. Otherwise it's vulnerable everywhere.

What? It has three attacks - survivable machine gun, mines, which are avoidable, and homing missilies, which are a pain and more difficult to avoid, but at least they are telegraphed and it uses it only twice per fight.

Again, if it wasn't for this piece I'd thought you're describing Vay Hek fight, because otherwise it describes Vay Hek, not Raptor.

Vay hek actually had interesting attacks and was unique, unlike the raptor which its a scaled up opsrey with bufffed stats. 

You are doing nothing wrong. It's unfortunate that Alad V is so unkind to not drop them for you. Personally I do one of these things when in need of Neural Sensors:

• Mag + Tigris/Tonkor/Snipetron/Rubico and killing Alad V. Mag helps with fatly killing Alad and Zanuka quite fast with very powerful weapons and you cannot miss.
  • Taking Nekros or Hydroid with Pilfering Swarm augment to a Jupiter survival, interception or mobile defense. It's very effective when you get your hands on a resource booster from log-in rewards etc.

If you're really new, I'd suggest you to just forget about the thing that needs you to farm neural sensors, because killing Alad might take a bit longer if you don't have some MLG gear or something and farming one mission excessively might burn you out.

5 hours ago, (XB1)BroaderSaucer said:

that fight is the most annoying, tedious, and lame bossfight ever. the stupid thing flys around at 90 MPH, rarely shows his horribly hitboxed weakspot, then when he does he cheapshots you 1 second after. the thing is a scaled up osprey with high stats and a stupidly small weakspot. atleast j3 golem was a cool boss to fight, and was unique in some way, even though it also had the atrocious small hitbox mechanic, but atleast it was a cool boss with unique attacks. raptor is worse, because its got an even SMALLER hitbox, isnt unique at all, his fight is painstakingly long for the wrong reasons, and UGHHH i just hate that fight.

Do you know how fast 90 MPH is?