Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie defense with Radiation

TheSteelRat

Had this happen, a nice big bubble of radiation over the center

M0h5D0Y.jpg

Also the IDIOT we were suppose to protect, decided to dance around on the pipes "north" from the point I took the screenship by the rock wall.  There is a fairly large and thick elbow pipe coming from the wall and going down that he "Froze" on.  it became quite hectic when it started raining creepers all over on such a small area.  Was able to get the IDIOT unstuck, by getting a Radiated, killing him, and then reviving him

Step 1 - take away the chuckleheads gun

Step 2 - sit on his &#!

Step 3 - if he moves don't follow go get a quick rad proc and down him yourself

Step 4 - pick him up and he'll resume standing there like an idiot

Step 5 - repeat as necessary 

It was hilarious, the operative was standing in the middle, right? Along with the radiation in the middle. And so our Frost on our team decided to use Snow Globe, and just before he cast it, the operator got radiated, and the globe LAUNCHED him across the map almost to the spawn point. He cleared one of the overheads. My buddy and I were dying of laughter. The operative took some collision damage but managed to survive the impact. :crylaugh:

LOL, we had the exact same cloud in the exact same spot today. I had a specter out (got radiated...) and it actually killed one of my teammates XDDDD. Ofc I revived him but that was hilarious. The rescue dude also kept walking into the clouds....... even if you don't give him any guns he still keeps going around randomly, wish we could tell him to stay the f. u. c. k. put.

3 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

Step 1 - take away the chuckleheads gun

Or, and stay with me here, you could stop trying to turn Sortie defense into a regular defense and give the target CE Hikou, Atomos, or Winds of Purity Furis and allow him to keep himself alive or contribute a large amount of damage to your efforts.

29 minutes ago, HarrodTasker said:

I realize I'm not the first person to link this in the forums, but everyone needs to see it.

Cringe-worthy Quiette Shy humor that both insults people and doesn't actually explain what the problem is? I'll pass, in the future, thanks. Ash isn't the problem in radiation sorties. Players who have no control over their 4-key are. If Ash is such a big deal to people then they need to be more discerning with what parties they stick to.

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

Cringe-worthy Quiette Shy humor that both insults people and doesn't actually explain what the problem is? I'll pass, in the future, thanks. Ash isn't the problem in radiation sorties. Players who have no control over their 4-key are. If Ash is such a big deal to people then they need to be more discerning with what parties they stick to.

Or if you just pub join, Ash is something like half of all players.  Its a well established phenomenon where Ash in rad sorties wipes the party.  They're out there in absurd numbers.  Shy doesn't have to explain what's going on; most of us have been there.

Rad sorties break down the fundamental trust between players.  My group today rushed the hostage before we filled so an ash wouldn't join.  Every one of us knew the threat of ash or to a lesser extent Nyx.  (Chaos hits the operative and its mission over, unless you're lucky enough to be playing against corpus and a nullifier walks through)

Rad hazard is simply a bad condition.  Because there's griefing, and terrible AI as stated above.  To loose in such a mission doesn't make you feel like you brought your A game and it wasn't enough.  It makes you hate your team.  It makes you not trust pubs, and even recruit groups aren't immune when some dingus swaps to ash at the last second.  It turns sorties into something it shouldn't be.  I'm fine with challenge but the challenge should come from the enemy side.

Since my normal group wasn't around I decided to do it with pubs yesterday and bring a magic carpet broberon. Seems to work pretty well, although it does draw a lot of aggro. I don't think we had a single FF incident despite the fat patch of radiation in the middle. There was even a limbo banishing the target. Seems the outcasts have found their niche.