Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls Like Pvp.(Bringing Pvp To The Game In A Creative Way That Doesn't Interfere With Gameplay.)

grillv20

First off I will start by saying that I know that they're making a mainly PvE game here. Second, the game as it stands is very fun and enjoyable! I just think that it would be interesting to put this sort of feature into the game.

1. Make it so players have the option of turning invasions on and off. Put a warframe-like lore twist on this setting.

(I don't know, call it the Signal Scrambler or something, you can choose to go into the mission with it on or off. We are ninjas afterall, it wouldn't be too far off for this to be part of their arsenal. )

2. Make it so the players risking invasion get some sort of bonus to going into the mission, braving whatever foes that they may come across. Maybe an EXP bonus or maybe some sort of boost to resources found. Maybe even give bosses a higher drop rate on their blue-prints since these missions would be more likely to be invaded on since these are places players frequent quite often.

3. Players seeking to invade other people and murder them could gain credits in increasing increments for the murder streaks they go on. 1k > 2k > 4k > 5k > 10k > 20k etc. etc. Maybe even gain certain special weapons or equipment at certain points.

4. If defending players were to kill an invader they could gain credits or rewards depending on what tier of kill-streak the invader was on at the time.

5. Similar to but not exactly the same, you could introduce a bounty system on the players that were invading and being douches to everybody. You could legally go into these people's games at any given time, even if they had their game closed off to invasions and kill them and retrieve your reward. Not sure if the rewards would be the same, but you could get creative here and maybe even introduce some different stuff for the good people and the bad.

6. Like the rest of the game, I wouldn't want this to be a grind of any sort. If you all don't think that special items would be cool then there could just be leaderboards for the bounty hunter ninjas and the assassin ninjas.

7. The same person shouldn't be able to be invaded again during a certain period of time to avoid people exploiting this system.

I would be interested in hearing everybody's ideas.

Edited by grillv20

I think with this method though the players that don't want to participate in PvP can avoid it all together. But then again it probably would turn out bad if it divided the playerbase and made it more difficult for the PvE people to find games to join to do what they want without having to deal with getting trolled.

I will say this first:
Next time use the search function, or look just a few posts down on the first page to see another huge thread on this topic.

Second:
PvP, like you want it, doesnt fit into this game and would break it.
You would have trinity and vauban, and Loki dominate 100% of the time regardless of if they were the invaders or the defenders depending because of the skills that they have.  Second, very few PvP would like to go into 1v4 matches.

Edited by Tsukinoki

"DARK SOULS LIKE PVP.(BRINGING PVP TO THE GAME IN A CREATIVE WAY THAT DOESN'T INTERFERE WITH GAMEPLAY.)"

Dark Soul's PVP did nothing but interfere with gameplay. I really don't think that's the best example to use. Warframe, like Dark Souls has too great of a power gap between people who spend much time upgrading their equipment and people who don't. This type of PvP just encourages griefing.

"DARK SOULS LIKE PVP.(BRINGING PVP TO THE GAME IN A CREATIVE WAY THAT DOESN'T INTERFERE WITH GAMEPLAY.)"

Dark Soul's PVP did nothing but interfere with gameplay. I really don't think that's the best example to use. Warframe, like Dark Souls has too great of a power gap between people who spend much time upgrading their equipment and people who don't. This type of PvP just encourages griefing.

did you even bother reading anything i posted?

Also, I would like to add that you shouldn't be able to invade the same person more than once after killing them for a certain period of time to avoid people exploiting.