The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: U2.1 - Nekros Changes

[DE]Danielle

14 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

instead of shards, why not just those floating soul looking wisps we have animations for but don't do anything? (after you cast soul punch )

i dont know.. it seemed more logical for me.. but DE can make what they want.. its just an idea

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

I suggest nekros was better before. I was better with him atleast. Shadows of the dead seems like a name swap of duration with health decay. The idea that equilibrium is needed on a build is crazy. My build was a terrify desecrate build. Max range max efficiency and high power is what I did. I thought when they mentioned no duration that I might be gaining an extra usuable power, but health decay of 20% per second is just as bad. Well not exactly 5 seconds vs my 3 seconds before. But the complaints of mashing the desecrate button are ridiculous. People mash it to melee as well. Nekros is support so why does he need to kill. Plus syndicate weapons proc so he can do damage a little. Also wasnt it at one point Nekros max health both 666. I was sure it was. Question are all support frame on rework watch. Hydriod seems a little too good at farming. Btw when did sabotage cause you to catch fire? That seems new.

2 hours ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

Yes. Nekros has too many gimmick mods that he needs in order to sustain himself. No other frame has as many issues as him. Our hands are being forced. Which means for newer players they're more likely to look at him and go energy costs are through the roof and put him aside. 

Really I used to spend 13 energy for desecrate. Now it is only 3 to turn on and 3 per body. Right now you can get energy through pads while on. This might change.

5 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

yeah .. but it is not only a solution for SotD .. it is one for the whole kit ..and Soul Punch of course.. useful

I apologize.

I typed my response before completely reading your post.  Sorry, it was a knee-jerk reaction from me because I really hate this health decay crap.  Not because it's game breaking or anything...just because it's a pointless and unnecessary addition to the game that serves no purpose.  DE should have just left the ability with a normal duration.

After reading your post though, it does sound like a decent change IF this stupid health decay is here to stay (and I really hope it's not).

Edited by Tizodd

If you want synergy how about you just make it a terrify and soul punch combo.

Example casting soul punch on a terrified enemy will cause them to spawn a soul shard that does X effect for X duration.

X effect examples-

Shards pulse health

Shards shoot things

Shards give radar plus loot detection

Shards terrify nearby enemies

The sky really is the limit with this one.

1 minute ago, (PS4)SwagSmasha said:

If you want synergy how about you just make it a terrify and soul punch combo.

Example casting soul punch on a terrified enemy will cause them to spawn a soul shard that does X effect for X duration.

X effect examples-

Shards pulse health

Shards shoot things

Shards give radar plus loot detection

Shards terrify nearby enemies

The sky really is the limit with this one.

Mhh .. because of the energy costs.. But if you could explain your idea and each effect further .. then i could add this as an addition

Just now, WaRsHooTer666 said:

Mhh .. because of the energy costs.. But if you could explain your idea and each effect further .. then i could add this as an addition

Energy cost isnt a problem there are ways to get energy (trinty, orbs from desecrate, energy pizzas, zenerk focus, and efficiency mods)

But to explain futher you would simply cast terrify then soul punch the nearest terrify victim. The victim either dies from the damage or is ragdolled either way a soul shard will then spawn at the location of the soul punch. Then for lets say 8 seconds the soul shard will regenerate 5 health for all SOtD as well as for teammates and other allies within range of it before despawning.

Thats just an example but this formula can be applied to almost any effect.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)SwagSmasha said:

Energy cost isnt a problem there are ways to get energy (trinty, orbs from desecrate, energy pizzas, zenerk focus, and efficiency mods)

But to explain futher you would simply cast terrify then soul punch the nearest terrify victim. The victim either dies from the damage or is ragdolled either way a soul shard will then spawn at the location of the soul punch. Then for lets say 8 seconds the soul shard will regenerate 5 health for all SOtD as well as for teammates and other allies within range of it before despawning.

Thats just an example but this formula can be applied to almost any effect.

i got another idea (because of your idea) .. maybe you like it

21 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Did anyone even mention SP or the shadows? Like, ever? Ya know, few people aside who didn't just abuse him... usually appealing as comments in threats that were asking for a channeled desecrate ...

They did ask for the concept, not for the details tho. But there again, easy to comprehense.

Btw, the rework was apparently incudet in the recent Patch. Give it a Shot. I did.

Building exclusive for shadows seemed like quite the waste so i went more or less balanced w ~100% str, 155% duration, 175%range and 3(!) Auguments ... gotta say that I'm more or less satisfied with what they did after some Testing?...

The shadows ain't as bulky as I was used to them but the "nerfed desecrate" gives WAY MORE loot then moderate use did.... I'm basicly DROWNING in energy, what makes healing affordable...

I'd be rly gratefull bout DE tuning down on the frickin life drain though and the augument issue remains but the change to desecrate seems decent to me?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I have definitely tried rework or I wouldnt have talked about change. It is definitely not an improvement. Shadows of the dead was smoke and mirror changes. It made it seem like duration was eliminate dealing only with health of shadows. Health decay is the same as duration. Also new toggle desecrate is nerf. You could desecrate multiple targets at a time was spending 13 energy. Now 3 to turn on and 3 per body. Four bodies cost more than desecrating 4 or more targets at once used to. If they eventually stop pads and trinity providing energy while toggled on Nekros is dead.

Hello, after realizing there were changes with the Nekros i tried it out and found out some things. Most of those are already mentioned in other posts so i won't bother you with those, however there is one thing i noticed that might be problematic :

Nekros' skill Desecrate always use energy to check if it can be activated or not, even if Despoil is equipped.

What i mean is that if i equip Despoil, activate Desecrate and run around using other skills till my energy tank is empty, Desecrate will deactivate even though my health is full.

I'm not sure if this is intentional but i think that if Despoil is equipped, Desecrate should switch to checking health instead of energy, especially when it could drain all the health out of the Warframe if there is a large amount of corpses to desecrate while the Warframe is full of energy (i came pretty close to that situation a few times).

I like the new Nekros, though I think the health decay is a bit too high. However I think instead of the system choosing which enemies should and shouldn't be summoned, there should be a tab on the menu where you can equip a lens, which brings up a simulacrum-like menu that lets you choose the priority of which enemies should be summoned. For example: I've killed a couple of nullifiers yet the normal corpus crewmen spawned instead of them.

Probably could have worded this better but I'm tired.

10 hours ago, Eldritchkitty said:

Rants aren't a good way to enact change, I don't like the Nekros changes either, but they're more likely to listen to the people being reasonable and suggesting how to change it. 

As far as I can tell, it's the only way to get change. If enough people are ranting about stuff they listen. It's how we were spared from Parkour 2 point slow with the creation of bullet jumping, tons of people were ranting about what we saw in the dev streams.

8 hours ago, (PS4)haffmo said:

I have definitely tried rework or I wouldnt have talked about change. It is definitely not an improvement. Shadows of the dead was smoke and mirror changes. It made it seem like duration was eliminate dealing only with health of shadows. Health decay is the same as duration. Also new toggle desecrate is nerf. You could desecrate multiple targets at a time was spending 13 energy. Now 3 to turn on and 3 per body. Four bodies cost more than desecrating 4 or more targets at once used to. If they eventually stop pads and trinity providing energy while toggled on Nekros is dead.

To be fair. nekros was already dead. only a select few hardcore lootbotters actually played him(i loved you guys, boring as your playstyle was, the extra loot was nice). this patch was nothing more than a few more nails in the coffin.

Crippling 2 skills people only ever use (1 and 2 skill i literally never use as 1 skill is beyond useless and 2 skill is super weak and derpy, situational). only ever used the 4th ability which is now beyond terrible thanks to nerfs and the only skill (i and many others) used was desecrate.. and DE thought it would be super awesome to smash it into dust just so we can have a toggle effect. because nerfing an already weak frame is the best way to get prime sales supposedly.

21 hours ago, TRSS said:

I feel the same way, Culaio. Just log in to play daily Sortie but don't feel like doing anything else unless I need credits.

Exactly this, I pretty much only do sorties those days, it was long while since we last had any event and the fact that we didnt see any cinematic quest this year even though we were promised AT LEAST 2, possibly 3 a year makes me want to play even less.

Edited by Culaio

22 hours ago, SaurusRex said:

...Okay then

Congrats on convincing yourself everyone else is wrong I guess

It's most definitly more if you didn't abuse it previously... i've been running a shadow build myself and only ever used desecrate to substain myself 

I expected the removed health orbs and relatively small chance to leave me drained but let me tell you, i've been DROWNING in energy ever since... on the multiplie of power use as I tend to Heal my shadows and Cast terrify now occasionally.

It's most definitly lowered per numbers but it's quite a lot for the nonexistant interaction you put behind it...case, please realise that this hightended loot made you unable to do anything else!