Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Attack

Definitegj

I guess they don't want low level players to be able to stealth all the way through a high level...? In my opinion, if you can pull that off you should be able to. There should be some amount of progression required to stealth up, but I think that should be through the addition of stealth-friendly mods rather than weapon damage per se.

Because it could be abused to kill bosses. And since the only dificulty then can implement for bosses are by having them have a lot of health then no, they can't allow Stealth Attacks to do instant killing. Because that would instantly kill our meatbags bosses and DE haven't got the time to set a challenge in any other way.

Because it could be abused to kill bosses. And since the only dificulty then can implement for bosses are by having them have a lot of health then no, they can't allow Stealth Attacks to do instant killing. Because that would instantly kill our meatbags bosses and DE haven't got the time to set a challenge in any other way.

Then don't let us use Stealth Kills on bosses. Boom, there ya go.

Can you even be undetected in a boss room in the first place?

Edited by FatalX7

I would say that if you can stay undetected all the way to the boss with the enemies almost always patrol in cluster, then it is your reward to 1 hit the boss. That accomplishment must be so delicious. Ok even if you want the boss to stay difficult, then can always disable stealth attack on boss like mentioned by Fatalx7.

I agree, stealth attack should be instant kill, and for those saying it would make bosses to easy, simply have bosses on alert. Or have it so when you get into the boss room you lock the door behind so that the only enemies you fight are the boss and his body guards.

And then you can still try to stealth your way out.

Cant tell you how disappointed I was to finally sneak into Capt. Vor's room, only be auto-detected by the boss man himself.  Its an assassination, let me assassinate something!

Well, i don't think a Spy mission is really about Spying...

Capture missions are actually really really wierd, i don't think you're capturing more then dust from the guy.

Sabotage missions are not really sabotage, they're just destruction.

Raid is not really a "raid" if i only get one thing tiny thing and run away, right?

Mobile Defense is not really mobile, is it? You're not really defending something that is moving...

And lastly, Assasination is just a fancy way of saying "Murdering".

So i guess the only aptly named mission are Rescue and Defense.

I'd say Extermination but Extermination just raises way too much questions, like "How exactly are you detecting life-forms on the this place" or "if you know where the enemies are, then why do i have to equip an artifact for you to give me the info?!"

Well, i don't think a Spy mission is really about Spying...

Capture missions are actually really really wierd, i don't think you're capturing more then dust from the guy.

Sabotage missions are not really sabotage, they're just destruction.

Raid is not really a "raid" if i only get one thing tiny thing and run away, right?

Mobile Defense is not really mobile, is it? You're not really defending something that is moving...

And lastly, Assasination is just a fancy way of saying "Murdering".

So i guess the only aptly named mission are Rescue and Defense.

I'd say Extermination but Extermination just raises way too much questions, like "How exactly are you detecting life-forms on the this place" or "if you know where the enemies are, then why do i have to equip an artifact for you to give me the info?!"

No comments on spy missions.

Capturing = I beat up the guy then I DECONSTRUCT him and store his atom particles in my body, then he gets warped to tenno tower to get info dig out from him. Reconstruction probably not necessary.

Sabotage = Destroy a specific item. Or like destroying a ship's reactor and send it spiralling down onto a planet below for lulz.

Raid = makes the most sense. Considering they only want Orokin artifacts.

Mobile Defense = the data is the one you are defending, until Lotus uses her 133t h4x0r skills.

Extermination = I can see stuff on the ship, but I dunno where they are, so kill em.

Assassination = murder duh 

Rescue = ok I understand, but there is a lot of incentive to kill 100 odd guys just to save a hostage.

Then you get branching missions.

Turn a guy into atoms.

Who points to a prisoner.

Save a prisoner and she tells you she wanna blow up the ship.

Points you to a reactor.

You blow up reactor.

Extract.

After leaving nearly 200 dead and a massive multi-ton thing flying down to the planet below. 

But I am sure it's fine, since Grineers are baddies so I am totally ok to drop a 200,000 ton ship onto some Grineer city below just because a prisoner was treated poorly by them. Heck they did not even take her shields or pistols.

But they took her clothes and left her in spandex tight suit, that is a crime against HUMANITY !

Edited by fatpig84

I would say that if you can stay undetected all the way to the boss with the enemies almost always patrol in cluster, then it is your reward to 1 hit the boss. That accomplishment must be so delicious. Ok even if you want the boss to stay difficult, then can always disable stealth attack on boss like mentioned by Fatalx7.

You need to play Metal Gear Solid... even if you could sneak up on bosses in that game they always notice you first, or take small amount of damage. This is because of skill, or advancement... I doubt you could sneak up on Jackal, or Hyena they are robots... very HIGHLY advanced robots... and infested bosses may have eyes on the back of their head, or heightened senses beyond reason or able to smell you from a mile away.

The Grineer bosses might be like samurai. You sneak up on them and they just sense your presence and hence they know your there no matter what, could also be their commando training is better then everyone else so sneaking up on them may result in them grabbing you mid attack and throwing you over their shoulder.

You need to play Metal Gear Solid... even if you could sneak up on bosses in that game they always notice you first, or take small amount of damage. This is because of skill, or advancement... I doubt you could sneak up on Jackal, or Hyena they are robots... very HIGHLY advanced robots... and infested bosses may have eyes on the back of their head, or heightened senses beyond reason or able to smell you from a mile away.

The Grineer bosses might be like samurai. You sneak up on them and they just sense your presence and hence they know your there no matter what, could also be their commando training is better then everyone else so sneaking up on them may result in them grabbing you mid attack and throwing you over their shoulder.

That game's stage layout designed with stealth in mind. Warframe layout, currently, nope.

I say that a stealth attack should not completely kill the boss but take away like 1/4 of its health

Edited by Hellpyre