Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

naramon lens wouldn't be that eefective on inaros

yoloswagswag

Question

naramon way wouldn't be that effective on inaros - yes the shadow step passive is op, but if enemy's cant damage you rage wouldnt be that useful - and where would you get mana if youre building a rage depedant build and zero mana efficiency

but can you guys leave your opinion, cause i wanna pick my focus soon and just needs some advice on whats best

and endurance school needs reworking 

Edited by yoloswagswag

14 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, yoloswagswag said:

naramon lens wouldn't be that effective on inaros - yes the shadow step passive is op, but if enemy's cant damage you rage wouldnt be that useful - and where would you get mana if youre building a rage depedant build and zero mana efficiency

but can you guys leave your opinion, cause i wanna pick my focus soon and just needs some advice on whats best

and endurance school needs reworking 

errm... what? I kinda lost you completely at naramon lens not effective on inaros and... mana? what's that? this is warframe, not WoW.
you should probably re-read your post and edit it into something other people can understand...

/edit: trying to understand this rambling...

You want to imply that the mod rage (energy recovery on health damage) is ineffective on inaros while using the naramon school?
if I am correct, then... well done, cpt. obvious. no damage = no energy restored.

if you want my opinion: use the school that fits your playstyle the most.
I for one cast a lot of abilities, so I chose Zenurik (energy reg/sec).

and I have no idea what you mean by endurance school.

Edited by HowDenKing

The lens isnt what allows you to use focus abilities tho. You could have a naramon lens on and still pop zenurik if you had it set to your primary. Shadow step works fine with Inaros if you are going for a melee only build (which is pretty much all I use him for anyway) 

Edited by armedpoop

I myself use the Zenurik focus. I may lose out on the almighty Shadow Step, but I rarely run out of energy. Coupled with my Efficiency builds, energy is NEVER a problem. 

It really depends on your play style. Look at the different Schools on the Wikia or something like that and figure out what fits you best. 

1 minute ago, HowDenKing said:

errm... what? I kinda lost you completely at naramon lens not effective on inaros.
you should probably re-read your post and edit it into something other people can understand...

yea sorry bout that, i thought the lens you use would also affect what tree your focusing - naramon lens so i thought oh definitely for naramon tree - like oh dog food feeding it to the dog - like you wouldn't really be like nice cat food hope my dog enjoys this ya know 

6 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

The lens inst what allows you to use focus abilities tho. You could have a naramon lens on and still pop zenurik if you had it set to your primary. Shadow step works fine with Inaros if you are going for a melee only build (which is pretty much all I use him for anyway) 

yea but the thing with mana though - should i abandon rage and go for primed flow and energy siphon? like my build right now have like very low mana efficiency so i really depend on enemy hitting me (rage)  to abuse skill 1  

11 minutes ago, yoloswagswag said:

yea but the thing with mana though - should i abandon rage and go for primed flow and energy siphon? like my build right now have like very low mana efficiency so i really depend on enemy hitting me (rage)  to abuse skill 1  

I would never put flow or energy siphon on my Inaros builds. His 1 doesnt need to have so much str that efficiency is lowered to be useful either. 

If you want enemies to hit you, besides choosing a different Primary school,
you could just ... you know, not melee them for a little bit?

Bam, full Energy, with Primed Flow that'll last for ~a while unless you spam Sandstorm.

Edited by NinjaZeku

The first school you choose will determine your free lens and the ability you unlock for free.  From Sorties/Market/Trade you can get other lenses and earn point towards the other schools.  The school you are currently using does not affect how your lens earn Focus for other schools (with the exception of Naramon generating extra Affinity, thus extra Focus, on a lensed melee).  For example, my standard Mag loadout has my first Naramon lens (chosen for the lore about it being to do with knowledge, before I knew the actual effects being melee/crit and put on my most used frame...), her primary has a Greater Unairu, secondary a Greater Zenurik and melee a Greater Naramon.  Even though I use Zenurik with her for the energy regen, I still gain Focus on the other schools.

As to concerns about Rage not working due to not losing health while invisible, you will still get some damage from AOE attacks but yes, you might want an alternative source of energy.  Maybe a Syndicate weapon with an effect that restores energy?  If you are using his first skill for finishers then a Dark Dagger with Covert Lethality for instant kills will restore energy once you get enough kills.  Although, if I remember correctly finishers don't add to melee combo which makes it hard to keep up a high crit chance from Blood Rush thus hard to refresh your Shadow Step invisibility.

27 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

I would never put flow or energy siphon on my Inaros builds. His 1 doesnt need to have so much str that efficiency is lowered to be useful either. 

oh yea i just realized that - ok so what i really should focus on should be duration and range, cause yea power strength is good but even if inaros has zero power strength he can still insta kill with covert lethality and dagger plus skill 1 yea ?  

53 minutes ago, Katinka said:

The first school you choose will determine your free lens and the ability you unlock for free.  From Sorties/Market/Trade you can get other lenses and earn point towards the other schools.  The school you are currently using does not affect how your lens earn Focus for other schools (with the exception of Naramon generating extra Affinity, thus extra Focus, on a lensed melee).  For example, my standard Mag loadout has my first Naramon lens (chosen for the lore about it being to do with knowledge, before I knew the actual effects being melee/crit and put on my most used frame...), her primary has a Greater Unairu, secondary a Greater Zenurik and melee a Greater Naramon.  Even though I use Zenurik with her for the energy regen, I still gain Focus on the other schools.

As to concerns about Rage not working due to not losing health while invisible, you will still get some damage from AOE attacks but yes, you might want an alternative source of energy.  Maybe a Syndicate weapon with an effect that restores energy?  If you are using his first skill for finishers then a Dark Dagger with Covert Lethality for instant kills will restore energy once you get enough kills.  Although, if I remember correctly finishers don't add to melee combo which makes it hard to keep up a high crit chance from Blood Rush thus hard to refresh your Shadow Step invisibility.

a lot of people have been saying unairu is trash but i think it would work well with inaros - what do you think about unairu seeing as how you're using it as primary 

By "primary has a Greater Unairu" I meant that her primary weapon (formerly Burston Prime, now Sobek) has a Greater Unairu Lens installed, earning me Unairu Focus despite me not using it.  I think it has some interesting stuff that I want to try (such as the chance of turning enemies to stone when they hit you, I want to try that on Frost with Retribution for giggles) but it's expensive to unlock the stuff I want to try so I haven't really experimented with it much.  The cooldown being 120,000 to unlock seems mad.  Only Unairu and Vazarin pay that much while the rest pay 50,000.

1 hour ago, yoloswagswag said:

oh yea i just realized that - ok so what i really should focus on should be duration and range, cause yea power strength is good but even if inaros has zero power strength he can still insta kill with covert lethality and dagger plus skill 1 yea ?  

Yup. The life steal from his one is negligible at best unless used on massive crowds, then youll feel it, but ultimately the instant health is much better.

7 hours ago, yoloswagswag said:

power strength is good

Power Strength can actually be counterproductive if you want to use Scarab Swarm as chokepoint CC,
SS lasts longer with -60% Strength and still fills up your Squad's Health easily with multiple enemies caught in it.

Overextended also gives you wider CC from Dessication (and Sandstorm wee), IMO a must-have.

Edited by NinjaZeku