Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Black Rock Shooter is the Best Worst Anime Ever

Sitchrea

32 minutes ago, (XB1)killerADAM78900 said:

Never watched anime, it didn't appeal to me. I have recently been thinking whether I should start watching some or not. Please tell me whether I should or not

please no

you are one of the few remaining left who don't 

DON'T ABANDON THE NON-ANIME WATCHING SUBSPECIES OF TENNO

46 minutes ago, (XB1)killerADAM78900 said:

Never watched anime, it didn't appeal to me. I have recently been thinking whether I should start watching some or not. Please tell me whether I should or not

Well, a whole of anime is only fan service and repetitive stories, but if you want to watch anime, watch anime movies, the animation and picture is breath taking, the story is just brilliant and characters are awesome 

there's one called 'garden of words' just google it and watch it, it's awesome 

there are some good anime though, I'd be happy to point you out to some, I've watched +100 anime

and seriously, to all of those anime haters, just fck off, you don't like it, fine, you wanna post about how much u hate it, ok...but that's it, don't judge us, you don't even know what we're watching and how great it is. Sure there are anime that is just plain stupid, but like anything in life, there's the awesome anime that u can't forget 

18 hours ago, (XB1)killerADAM78900 said:

Anime means "animation" in Japanese, so it's similar to saying "movies" or, in a literal sense, "cartoons" in English, though there are many people who would say anime is nothing like western cartoons. They would be right, of course, as I would not put Hellsing on the same channel as Adventure Time.

If you would like to get into anime, you have to define what genre would suit you best, same as what type of movie you'd want to watch. If you're into comedy then you probably shouldn't watch Rin: Daughters of Pnemosyne, but if you are then I would recommend Konosuba (one of the funniest shows I have ever watched - not anime, but shows)

If you want very deep philosophy and to see the best anime has to offer in terms of storytelling, then I would highly recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion. It is one of the greatest anime of all time, along with Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell.

Of course if you like action and don't care about a story, then the OP has that covered. ;)

So what genre would you say you're looking for?

5 hours ago, Sitchrea said:

Anime means "animation" in Japanese, so it's similar to saying "movies" or, in a literal sense, "cartoons" in English, though there are many people who would say anime is nothing like western cartoons. They would be right, of course, as I would not put Hellsing on the same channel as Adventure Time.

If you would like to get into anime, you have to define what genre would suit you best, same as what type of movie you'd want to watch. If you're into comedy then you probably shouldn't watch Rin: Daughters of Pnemosyne, but if you are then I would recommend Konosuba (one of the funniest shows I have ever watched - not anime, but shows)

If you want very deep philosophy and to see the best anime has to offer in terms of storytelling, then I would highly recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion. It is one of the greatest anime of all time, along with Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell.

Of course if you like action and don't care about a story, then the OP has that covered. ;)

So what genre would you say you're looking for?

Not bothered as long as it's decent really. Heard of one called death note is that worth watching?

1 hour ago, (XB1)killerADAM78900 said:

Not bothered as long as it's decent really. Heard of one called death note is that worth watching?

It is very - and I mean VERY - dark. However it is also one of the best psychological thrillers anime has to offer. It might not be the most representative of "Normal" anime, but it is definitely a gem.

3 hours ago, (XB1)killerADAM78900 said:

Its alright. First season with L is best season though.

Some recommendations:

- Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood ( action with a few comedy bits, also prepare for feels.)

- nichijou (slice of life comedy)

- gintama (action with comedy. Some adult jokes every now and again)

- seitokai yakuindomo (adult humour. You may learn more than you bargain for)

- Mahou shoujo madoka magica (magical girl anime. Watch at least 3 episodes before deciding if u want to continue with it)

- FLCL (theres no way to describe this. Need help with this, @Letter13 )

3 hours ago, 321agemo said:

Some recommendations:

- Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood ( action with a few comedy bits, also prepare for feels.)

- Mahou shoujo madoka magica (magical girl anime. Watch at least 3 episodes before deciding if u want to continue with it)

Did you really just recommend FLCL as a starter anime? lol That would be an interesting experience.

49 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

Did you really just recommend FLCL as a starter anime? lol That would be an interesting experience.

Weeeeeellllll someone did mention NGE so.... You know lol.

Maybe i should recommend soul crushing anime instead? (clannad comes to mind)

Edit: oh god, i just saw someone recommend watching Clannad:AS, and stopping on episode 21. Why would you do that?

Edited by 321agemo

On 17/08/2016 at 0:11 AM, Sitchrea said:

It is very - and I mean VERY - dark. However it is also one of the best psychological thrillers anime has to offer. It might not be the most representative of "Normal" anime, but it is definitely a gem.

On 17/08/2016 at 2:24 AM, 321agemo said:

Some recommendations:

Ok will try to try out some soon then. Thanks for the replies.