The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nikana Prime should require mr 10 for using it.

ShocK.-

Why is the point of having the dragon nikana in the game, or even the regular nikana? if you can buy the nikana prime with plat at any rank without mr xp requirements.
I said mr 10 because the dragon nikana requires mr 8. I remember when I started playing i thought "i want to be mr 8 now so i can get that sickass nikana!!", now you can buy a better version with plat...

Edited by ShocK.-

1 minute ago, ShocK.- said:

Why is the point of having the dragon nikana in the game, or even the regular nikana? if you can buy the nikana prime with plat at any rank without mr xp requirements.
I said mr 10 because the dragon nikana requires mr 8. I remember when I started playing i thought "i want to be mr 8 now so i can get that sickass nikana!!", now you can buy a better version with plat...

Yep Nikana Prime is a clear case of Power Creep

3 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Yep Nikana Prime is a clear case of Power Creep

maybe it will make sense when it gets vaulted :/ but anyway it should require some mr xp, even the boltor has mr 2 requirement. I say 10, 10 would be perfect

6 minutes ago, ShocK.- said:

maybe it will make sense when it gets vaulted :/ but anyway it should require some mr xp, even the boltor has mr 2 requirement. I say 10, 10 would be perfect

But Prime weapons don't have MR requirements in general iirc. Why is the Nikana Prime such a special case? 

9 minutes ago, Terror-Of-Death said:

But Prime weapons don't have MR requirements in general iirc. Why is the Nikana Prime such a special case? 

Actually Fragor Prime which was on Prime Access with Vauban Prime has MR 7. Purchasing Prime Access simply allows one to bypass that. Nikana Prime is 0 though, for some reason. 

I think the point is to give Nikana Prime a real reason for being better than Dragon Nikana. Dragon Nikana has been in the game for while and is a fairly decent weapon that a lot new players (myself included) really wanted when we first saw it. It gives you goal to aspire for with that MR 8 prerequisite. Now, Nikana Prime was is a thing that is better than Dragon and due to it MR 0, anyone who does some trades or spends a few bucks, anyone can get it right from the start. 

That all kind of makes Dragon Nikana pointless in the grand scheme of things. 

Really, if DE is just going to make weapons that are better versions of others that are locked behind mastery, they should just drop Dragon Nikana's MR.

Edited by Khaine62
Further reasoning

Nothing new here... its like asking why you should earn rep for 2 months to get a telos boltor or why bother to farm mats and do stuff to get normal boltor when you can buy one?  The same logic expands to running a boss 30 times to get a basic frame ...  etc...   some people like to play and earn stuff.  Some people like to pay to win.   With warframe, you can choose the path... I do a mix -- from time to time they let loose something that is just too annoying to farm and I buy it (never regretted ivara purchase).

2 minutes ago, jonnin said:

Nothing new here... its like asking why you should earn rep for 2 months to get a telos boltor or why bother to farm mats and do stuff to get normal boltor when you can buy one?  The same logic expands to running a boss 30 times to get a basic frame ...  etc...   some people like to play and earn stuff.  Some people like to pay to win.   With warframe, you can choose the path... I do a mix -- from time to time they let loose something that is just too annoying to farm and I buy it (never regretted ivara purchase).

It's not the point at all.

Dragon Nikana - Powerful - Needs MR8

Nikana Prime - Even more powerful - MR0

And if we follow your reasoning, the "pay for convenience" would apply itself on the PA purchase, not the in-game trade.

Edited by TheScytale

1 minute ago, (XB1)AnnoyedHaddock said:

It's that the Nikana Prime is a direct upgrade of its predecessor yet has a lower MR requirement. It isn't logical.

It doesn't have to be. No one loses anything from being able to get better weapons earlier. 

Edited by Terror-Of-Death

4 minutes ago, Terror-Of-Death said:

I'm not quite sure what the problem is here... Maybe it's not logical, but isn't it better to get better weapons earlier/easier? 

I think you hit it: It's not logical. Nikana Prime is simply better than Dragon in most ways and yet it's easier to obtain due to the fact it's MR 0. There's no reason to get Dragon Nikana as things stand right now.

Edited by Khaine62
grammar

Just now, Khaine62 said:

I think you hit it: It's not logical. Nikana Prime is simply better than Dragon in most ways and yet it's easier to obtain due to the fact it's MR 0. There's not reason to get Dragon Nikana as things stand right now.

Just now, (XB1)AnnoyedHaddock said:

No your'e right it doesn't have to be, it just isn't logical that to use a lesser weapon you have to be a higher level. 

There is; Mastery. I got my Nikana Prime first before the Dragon and normal variants, I still got them later for Mastery. 

Just now, Terror-Of-Death said:

There is; Mastery. I got my Nikana Prime first before the Dragon and normal variants, I still got them later for Mastery.

It's nothing to do with levelling for mastery. For example, would you learn to fly in a jumbo jet? No, you'd learn in a small 2 seater then progress. It's the same principal, logically you would practice/learn how to use the weaker before moving onto the stronger.

1 minute ago, (XB1)AnnoyedHaddock said:

It's nothing to do with levelling for mastery. For example, would you learn to fly in a jumbo jet? No, you'd learn in a small 2 seater then progress. It's the same principal, logically you would practice/learn how to use the weaker before moving onto the stronger.

That's cool and all, but why should real life logic apply to everything in video games? Progression is a thing, yes, but normally a total newbie wouldn't be able to get his hands on a Nikana Prime. If they got plats from buying plats from DE, I'd say they've earned it.