Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Top 5 Warframes I HATE on my Team

Rehtael7

41 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Blessing

Sounds like you're not very familiar with Trinity. Blessing's range is 50m regardless of modding, bucko.

which, again, is tiny. evamp goes miles further. actually go do LOR. most of the team is spread out more than 50m to complete objectives to be able to advance.... as I said, you need them to have overshields and energy so they LIVE long enough to BE blessed. You will often be separated from one half of the raid. Longer than max duration bless can account for. Add to that, that your teammates need that energy spam to keep cc going and keep things dying general in high level missions, and yes, I will continue to point out that high duration trin is sad.

THAT is a frame player I would hate to have on my team. Playing at being the one to grant endless energy, but in reality, plays like a tank. The former is far more useful. Parkour is life, tankiness is optional. Energy is not. Further, if your teammates had the energy you should by all rights be pumping, they wouldn't need that damage reduction, because everything would be dead, or under crowd control. All of the time. 24.7.365.

Further, trinity's biggest, most important job falls flat. I've yet to see a high duration trin be able to laugh off rooms of parasitic eximus, or energy reduction condition sortie, like a low duration trin does. Instead, the bastion of infinite energy, runs out of energy, at the worst possible time. That seems like a really bad idea to me, personally.

Edited by (XB1)BOBIWAN86

5 hours ago, Govictory said:

Limbo is not that annoying, seeing as how no one really uses him anyway but the banish gimmick can be kept going if the limbo is actually smart with trolling in defense by banishing one enemy have that enemy aggroed on you via you poking it in rift and then you double click 1 on the enemy whenever they are about to leave limbo's magical world and it will reactivate your 1 after about a hlaf second, GL killing that Level 100 sortie bombard in a melee sortie if the limbo is doing this. How did i find out this works? Not by trolling actually, but by mashing one on the tenno protect target in a sortie defence from a few days back the sniper only one.

That would only work if they didn't know that they can just attack it with powers.

The wiki wrt powers and the rift:

Almost all Warframe abilities, on the other hand, do affect combatants across planes. Direct damage abilities (likePsychic Bolts or Avalanche) will work identically with no regard to plane. Valkyr's Hysteria does not work across planes, yet Mesa's Peacemaker does. Weapon damage modified by ability augments, such as by Smite Infusion or Fireball Frenzy do not affect between planes. A Sentinel's Coolant Leak is also interplanar.

Zephyr ever

Limbo outside of Rescue/Sortie Defense

Nyx/Slova outside of Excav/Raids

Volts that spam Overload/ Banshees that try and do Resonating Quake with a crap build/ Equinoxes that stagger everything with Maim and aren't actively killing with it/ Crush spamming Mags

Basically anyone that slows down the team's kpm, meaning less affinity/focus/loot etc. Special shout out to people that say they're one thing and bring a build totally unsuited to that (a Blessing build when you recruit for EV, EB build when you wanted Blind or RJ, buffer Mirages with no buff augment, Frosts with crap bubbles etc). I don't at all mind people playing DPS frames in a game largely about killing things. Maybe a footnote for Ash on infested missions, otherwise it's all good in my book. I also find all the whining about Mirage+Simulor or BS spam in general hilarious. What are you people using that is getting so massively out killed by this that you're this butt hurt? I could see pre nerf Mag because she could literally kill 2+ rooms away in all directions instantly but Ash isn't even particularly good at killing things quickly and Mirage with any weapon still isn't really close to the top in most of the game.

Bit more than 5 but they're really all the same problem represented across several frames. Don't bring CC spam to XP farms and if you can't kill the mobs yourself don't slow down the massacre for others lol

Edited by Racter0325

33 minutes ago, Arkenai7 said:

Heresy v2.

The annoying thing about reduced gravity is you often need to force yourself downward to get int through grineer circle doors. With improved aim glide, you can not only spend more time in the air, but you have much more control over it.

Just now, Rehtael7 said:

The annoying thing about reduced gravity is you often need to force yourself downward to get int through grineer circle doors. With improved aim glide, you can not only spend more time in the air, but you have much more control over it.

I understand that it is difficult to get used to being more conservative in your upward motion when trying to go through doors, but you do get used to it, and the low gravity flexible is far more flexible than aim glide. Aim glide is a nice bonus but it's no substitute for the full low-grav passive.

Rather, a better solution would be to have midair non-directional crouch (as in, not throwing/sliding in a direction) have increased acceleration downwards. That way if you need to drop quicker you have an option that isn't divebomb.

1 minute ago, Arkenai7 said:

I understand that it is difficult to get used to being more conservative in your upward motion when trying to go through doors, but you do get used to it, and the low gravity flexible is far more flexible than aim glide. Aim glide is a nice bonus but it's no substitute for the full low-grav passive.

Rather, a better solution would be to have midair non-directional crouch (as in, not throwing/sliding in a direction) have increased acceleration downwards. That way if you need to drop quicker you have an option that isn't divebomb.

*Shrug* I'd still prefer more aimglide. Reduced gravity is a pain on so many of the tilesets, particularly spy vaults. The number of times I get caught in ceiling wires or support trusses... It could very easily not be a problem if I just had more control over my verticality.

2 hours ago, Arkenai7 said:

My only problem with that is that zephyr "Passive" directly affects her "Active" playing ( Well obviously it does, but not in a way that I can see as beneficial, since it restrains your movement in smaller maps )...
I see passive as something that gives you a small advantage/bonus on how you play. However, if you need something to counter her passive ability by actively interacting with it, then it just removes the purpose...

I'm not quite sure I worded that right, but I hope you get what I meant o3o.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

My only problem with that is that zephyr "Passive" directly affects her "Active" playing ( Well obviously it does, but not in a way that I can see as beneficial, since it restrains your movement in smaller maps )...
I see passive as something that gives you a small advantage/bonus on how you play. However, if you need something to counter her passive ability by actively interacting with it, then it just removes the purpose...

I'm not quite sure I worded that right, but I hope you get what I meant o3o.

I understand what you mean - that a passive should never be a hindrance in even the slightest way - but Zephyr's low gravity passive is just so integral to what makes her unique as a frame. Without that she really has little of note bar turbulence.

2 hours ago, Arkenai7 said:

I understand what you mean - that a passive should never be a hindrance in even the slightest way - but Zephyr's low gravity passive is just so integral to what makes her unique as a frame. Without that she really has little of note bar turbulence.

Patiently ( Not soo patient ) waiting the day when Zephyr rework along with her deluxe skin will come. And at that moment we'll be able to decide weither or not anti-gravity is really a good thing to keep :L.

If you don't like those frames, too bad?  I mean honestly I welcome an Ember on Exterminates so I don't have to manually hunt down every last bad-guy I want to kill.

Excal's EB shenanigans have been WAY toned down from the original rework where they were literally capable of clearing multiple rooms in a single tileset based on size.

Zephyr and Limbo are really good if used properly, you probably got bad players.

Ash is like Ember, I enjoy the fact it can clear areas during missions where that's a necessity.

5 hours ago, RiouHotaru said:

Zephyr and Limbo are really good if used properly, you probably got bad players.

I understand that Limbo has very useful niches, but Zephyr?

What does Zephyr bring to the team that's particularly valuable?

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 4:52 AM, TARINunit9 said:

@Rehtael7

It's like a Quiette Shy video in text/gif form

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:06 AM, Rehtael7 said:

I can't think of a better way to say this, so I'm going to count down my 5 most frustrating teammates.

EDIT: Let me explain something for all future readers. I'M NOT WRONG. Why? Because this is my opinion. Don't bother trying to tell me my opinion is wrong. These are not the 5 worst frames to have on YOUR team, they're 5 frames I hate to have on MY team.

Zephyr

giphy.gif

Aside from Turbulence being Zephyr's only truly useful ability, Tornadoes only make it more difficult to do my job of killing things and EV-ing targets. Plus, due to Zephyr's low innate defense, I find I often need to spend more time picking them up than standing inside turbulence.

Limbo

giphy.gif

Enemies being painfully out of reach sucks, moreso when you have a build or frame or weapon which counts on you having targets at hand. It's even worse when trying to build up a melee combo counter.

Excalibur

giphy.gif

You know what's fun? Killing things. You know what YOU don't get to do when Excalibur is on your team? Kill things.

Ash

tumblr_n5uace7MCb1tw5kw4o1_500.gif

Knowing that I string together each and every kill to keep my combo counter going is made all the more frustrating when an Ash is on the team, bladestorming everything and preventing me from being able to attack his current target.

Mirage

michael-bay-gifs-1.gif?resize=340,192

The problem is less with Mirage and more how she combines with weapons like the Synoid Simulor. She doesn't need you on her team, you're just along to pick her up in case her left click gets broken.

Honorable mention: Ember

ark-of-the-covenant-o.gif

World on Fire. Nuff said?

Kudos on the GIFs.  I can't help but to agree with you.  With the exception of Zephyr and only because I don't see enough of her to even have an opinion.

On 8/21/2016 at 11:26 AM, Rehtael7 said:

Turbulence and that's it.

Zephyr also has a niche for interception missions for being able to travel long distances quickly to drop tornadoes on the points being capped. HOWEVER, Titania is filling that niche better than Zephyr can because Titania has easier movement.

You forgot Banshee, Mesa and Equinox I can clear the map any of these frames.

I'm not fond of anyone that isn't bringing a 3+ forma'd Frame and 3+ forma'd weapons to a mission.

And I despise hallway heros there just affinity leeches.

31 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Banshee

Banshee is useful to the team

31 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Mesa

Mesa can't move while doing so

32 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Equinox

If you mean Maim, it's more of a slash proc + ranged stun than a room clear.

1 hour ago, DxAdder said:

You forgot Banshee, Mesa and Equinox I can clear the map any of these frames.

I'm not fond of anyone that isn't bringing a 3+ forma'd Frame and 3+ forma'd weapons to a mission.

And I despise hallway heros there just affinity leeches.

Banshee can't clear rooms without her augment, during which shell be both immobile and burn right through her energy.

Limbo is great, but he's meant as a support. His abilities synergize with other factors  more than they do alone. 

Limbo and Nyx
Mind Contol and Banish an enemy. Now nyx can keep spamming Mind Control when it runs out, and the Healer can't die or hurt you when it breaks free. Basically a free blessing.

Limbo and [POWER BASED DAMAGE FRAME THAT DOES NOT USE EXALTED WEAPONS] 

You get the idea. 

Limbo by himself

Invincibility. that's it. 

Limbo and Ancient Healer specter.
Your whole team has 90% damage reduction forever. 

Limbo and Shield Osprey specter

More shields and the osprey won't get itself killed. 

Limbo and Decoy/molt

Invincible Pherliac pod. 

Limbo and Ivara 
What's a Spy mission?

Etc etc. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)B_Psycho2 said:

Limbo is great, but he's meant as a support. His abilities synergize with other factors  more than they do alone. 

Limbo and Nyx
Mind Contol and Banish an enemy. Now nyx can keep spamming Mind Control when it runs out, and the Healer can't die or hurt you when it breaks free. Basically a free blessing.

Limbo and [POWER BASED DAMAGE FRAME THAT DOES NOT USE EXALTED WEAPONS] 

You get the idea. 

Limbo by himself

Invincibility. that's it. 

Limbo and Ancient Healer specter.
Your whole team has 90% damage reduction forever. 

Limbo and Shield Osprey specter

More shields and the osprey won't get itself killed. 

Limbo and Decoy/molt

Invincible Pherliac pod. 

Limbo and Ivara 
What's a Spy mission?

Etc etc. 

I love the Limbo-Ivara... Lv 100 spy is LITERALLY a stroll in the park (you just walk through the mission, hack a few consoles, and leave.....)

In all fairness, Ember has had issues since day one. I think she's actually in a fairly good spot right now. I don't like playing with them on many low level missions because world on fire often makes the exp quests near impossible to complete. That's not to say I can't appreciate a good CC build ember. Those are useful. Zephyr is one I like to see on a team, because in certain missions, they're the rez bots.

I don't know that there is any one frame I hate playing alongside. Generally it's the players more than the frames. If I feel like I can't contribute to a game, I'm not having fun. Players who build for clearing entire rooms are frustrating because I am useless unless I'm using a support frame.

Wait, I take it back. There are frames I loathe, but only in concert with something else. A good example would be Nova when playing as Necros. Another might be Frost on corpus defense when I brought a turbulence Zephyr. Get the picture?