The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A more "constructive" version of "Thanks DE for Ruining Nekros", with a few other ideas.

(XBOX)GAMEW1ENER

Just now, (XB1)GAMEW1ENER said:

And you are somehow on-par with a MR 12-30 player?

Hopeful logic, yet extremely irrational.

Heya guess what you can use every weapon in game along with the frames and know everything about them, yet if you choose not to rank up, your number stays the same. Then there are people with High MR that have never used half the weapons in the game and know nothing about how to use them. Guess what. You are judging someone based on a number that has no real accuracy.

58 minutes ago, (XB1)GAMEW1ENER said:

And you are somehow on-par with a MR 12-30 player?

Hopeful logic, yet extremely irrational.

Mastery Rank means nothing, it's not even really for showing off how good you are anymore. It's a "I collected some stuff and got carried through its ranks" indentifier.

Most people I know have weapons that are rank 30 and they've never even put a mod on them.

12 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Proof of those numbers?

I believe hes referring to a max str build 19 shadows at about x5 damage buff of each clone, post rework theres only 7 shadows still at x5 damage buff of each clone only a third or so dps if all clones are fighting. DE said they buff damage to compensate for reduction but they didn't.

Just now, JSharpie said:

Mastery Rank means nothing, it's not even really for showing off how good you are anymore. It's a "I collected some stuff and got carried through its ranks" indentifier.

Most people I know have weapons that are rank 30 and they've never even put a mod on them.

its them Drako keeds mayn.

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

This game isn't comparable to any other MMO. 

And this is also why I play this game more than others in terms of originality, which is great. However, there is no way to create a fully end-game character until MR12, so how would you then even understand the full potential of your Warframe, or what capabilities you should or shouldn't have until that time? 

You havn't burst my bubble. If anything you are now inside of it. 

Undertow LV3 baby ;)

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

I believe hes referring to a max str build 19 shadows at about x5 damage buff of each clone, post rework theres only 7 shadows still at x5 damage buff of each clone only a third or so dps if all clones are fighting. DE said they buff damage to compensate for reduction but they didn't.

I believe they did, and have done tests to see how well the shadows work.

Again, they decimated Shadow Stalker in Akkad.

2 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Stick to posting, I'd hate to have to embarrass you in game and fully dis-prove that sad logic that has infected this thread.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GAMEW1ENER said:

And this is also why I play this game more than others in terms of originality, which is great. However, there is no way to create a fully end-game character until MR12, so how would you then even understand the full potential of your Warframe, or what capabilities you should or shouldn't have until that time? 

You havn't burst my bubble. If anything you are now inside of it. 

Undertow LV3 baby ;)

Ahm let me tell you how your argument is invalid, I main Limbo you see, and I take him to sorties and I leave with highest kill count and least damage, my Soma Prime can slap your previous weapons and obliterate them, any of my melee weapons alone take a syndicate weapon and have a giggle. 

Banish lv3.

Not to mention I watch alot of people die in those and be MVP medic.

Edited by AurumandArgentum

Facepalm. Lots of stuff that could carry to a supposed "endgame" can be gotten long before MR 12

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GAMEW1ENER said:

If you are MR 5 in the game. There is NO way you have played the game long enough to understand the complexities and undertones of the game. 

Im sorry if this offends you. But it is not possible. Unless they have played on another platform with a higher rank.

Your statement assumes that the player in question has either leveled new gear as they went along, or  deliberately leveling things up as they go. Some players choose to not undertake mastery tests, either because they don't care or because they don't see the point. (In fact, I know at least 1 player who has over 1,500 hours ingame, but is MR 7.) Just pointing out that you saying "it is not possible" is a false statement. That said, I do say that it's unlikely that a low MR player is skilled, but the opposite isn't necessarily true either: having a high MR doesn't mean skilled either. I've had quite a few players be unable to last more than 40 min in t4 Surv (before new star chart), despite being over MR18 and using "meta" builds and frames. MR, while having some meaning, is largely meaningless when concerning player skill.

On topic, making Desecrate scale with STR or Dur better (assuming it doesn't atm) would add some complexity to builds. ATM, there is 1 core build, as mentioned before, unless you don't care about augments. I'd argue that this is the same problem with Inaros and other JOAT frames/weapons, though more so with Nekros since his powers don't seem to significantly scale with high stats enough to justify heavy stat stacking in any direction.

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

They did impove the selection of clone and possible ai of each 1, but they said on same stream that they will increase the damage buff on top.

Well, at 130% Power Strength they're sitting at 2.97 damage multiplier and I have no problems with them falling off in terms of damage in any of the missions I've run.

Just now, AurumandArgentum said:

Ahm let me tell you how your argument is invalid, I main Limbo you see, and I take him to sorties and I leave with highest kill count and least damage, my Soma Prime can slap your previous weapons and obliterate them, any of my melee weapons alone take a syndicate weapon and have a giggle. 

Banish lv3.

Not to mention I watch alot of people die in those and be MVP medic.

A lot of people aren't necessarily experts in anything.

I will agree that SOME higher ranks are simply higher ranked. But to say that a lower rank, i.e. MR10- could compete with an expert player is like having a high school kid face off with Lebron James. 

Furthermore, this thread had nothing to do with Mastery Rank, and more to do with Nekros, clan updates, and an idea for Hydroid.  

I am sorry if you kids think that being Lower mastery rank is somehow comparable to someone who has played 2000+ hours and has worked hard to achieve a higher mastery rank than you. I forgot they don't teach math as well as they used to.

There is a reason it is called "MASTERY RANK"

2 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Well, at 130% Power Strength they're sitting at 2.97 damage multiplier and I have no problems with them falling off in terms of damage in any of the missions I've run.

What levels were those missions? Also, what were you running?

I'm interested in knowing since I'm still trying out stuff ^_^ Currently using 180% Strength and 125% Duration.

Edited by NightmareT12

I will agree that SOME higher ranks are simply higher ranked. But to say that a lower rank, i.e. MR10- could compete with an expert player is like having a high school kid face off with Lebron James. 

Furthermore, this thread had nothing to do with Mastery Rank, and more to do with Nekros, clan updates, and an idea for Hydroid.  

I am sorry if you kids think that being Lower mastery rank is somehow comparable to someone who has played 2000+ hours and has worked hard to achieve a higher mastery rank than you. I forgot they don't teach math as well as they used to.

Draco rendered your entire argument irrelevant, bye.

Oh and do remember to value everyone's opinions, I know this is the internet but still, your a clan leader you should still not be an elitist. 

Back to the topic at hand.

Oh good lord the flawed logic here. The thing you are refusing to see here is that they could also be literal equals. A MR 5 could have the same weapons, mods,  warframes and ability as someone who is MR 20.  The reason people are sticking to this subject is because you are kind of insulting players for how they choose to play the game and assuming that low number means low skill at the game.

46 minutes ago, (XB1)GAMEW1ENER said:

The real problem with the new Nekros is there is now only one real build for Nekros.

Nope. There's still creeping terrify builds, and even soul survivor builds if you really want. You don't have to build for desecrate + SotD. If you're argument is that most people want a desecrate + SotD build, then nothing has changed because before all anybody wanted was a "spam 3" build.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)GAMEW1ENER said:

Other feedback/ideas:

1. Clan dojo voice chat

2. Clan dojo wall display items, such as projections, "TV" images, a ring shaped decoration, and some form of carpeting/alternative flooring (could be sm, med, lg)

3. Allowing users in clan dojo arena to wager credits/plat

4. Allowing some form of clan conclave or "tactical" match with some pre-fabricated scenarios

5. Making higher volume clan lists easier to scroll through, particularly for Clan Leader "Maintenence", as of now every time you interact with a clan member in "Clan list" it defaults the cursor back to top of screen.

6. Sortie missions in archwing state.

7. More enemies spawning in "new void"

8. More room for clan MoTD.

9. A sign or post-type decoration for Clan Dojo.

Wow. You literally just dumped a bunch of totally unrelated ideas at the bottom of your post about nekros (that was also about hydroid even though he wasn't mentioned in the title). Maybe you should limit discussion topics to 1 or 2 per thread?