The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Master Rank should matter......

(PSN)bddacres

3 minutes ago, Karamethien said:

If anything matchmaking needs to be done for Conclave Rating.

It would be a far better criteria than MR

Problem with conclave rating is It as well doesn't amount to much. Certain mods give a lot while certain powerful mods like augments give very little. The overall description it provides is faulty.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Again, everyone makes false assumptions and assumes this a Noob vs. vet suggestion. This is an option for players to play with players of the similar skill(gear) setso weapons like the simulor or, tonkor wont ruin the experience for others without an instant outcry for nerfs

Except you're making it "noobs vs. vet" by trying to match similarly-skilled player together, ensuring that the aforementioned noobs and veterans won't cross paths. To beat a dead horse yet again: That won't work, it'll create more problems than it will solve.

I am MR22. I've outperformed people of similar rank, been carried by people half my rank (The ol' "I was just experimenting with this low tier weapon, honest" routine) , and everything in between.

You can't always predict what will happen based solely on MR and gear. You can't even trust the person, because sometimes even the grizzled veterans have bad days.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Problem with conclave rating is It as well doesn't amount to much. Certain mods give a lot while certain powerful mods like augments give very little. The overall description it provides is faulty.

Still tons better than MR  I cam be MR 22 and be using a Mk1 Braton with no mods and still match up with another MR 22 in full gear

1 minute ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

take another look at it then it might work?

Except Tonkor is MR5, Not hard to get to, Boltor Prime, largely considered to be one of the best weapons can be unlocked at MR2, Yet weapons that aren't really powerful like the Stradavar are locked at MR8 dspite not being OP?

2 minutes ago, Karamethien said:

Still tons better than MR  I cam be MR 22 and be using a Mk1 Braton with no mods and still match up with another MR 22 in full gear

My 6 Forma MK1-Braton is offended by that statement!

But yeah, reevaluating the whole "conclave rating" system, which is itself a relic of content that has since been removed from the game, would be a good idea, but I still wouldn't want it for matchmaking outside of sorties and tac alerts.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

4 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

It's loosely enforced so player can easily obtain op weapons at lower ranks

Right. bddacres, can we please review some of the gaping holes in your argument? In this post I am going to refer only to statements which you yourself have made, is that ok?

1. We should restrict matchmaking based on MR, so as not to saddle high leveled players with lower skilled newbs.
1a. Draco players with maxed out MR but low actual experience can really screw things up.

2. Using MR to restrict matchmaking can make sure that we only get matched with players using appropriate equipment!
2a. MR requirements are "loosely enforced so player can easily obtain op weapons at lower ranks".

Mate.
What you are actually arguing for here is a rework of how MR works altogether.

1 minute ago, Eredoc said:

Except Tonkor is MR5, Not hard to get to, Boltor Prime, largely considered to be one of the best weapons can be unlocked at MR2, Yet weapons that aren't really powerful like the Stradavar are locked at MR8 dspite not being OP?

That is a valid point.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Right. bddacres, can we please review some of the gaping holes in your argument? In this post I am going to refer only to statements which you yourself have made, is that ok?

1. We should restrict matchmaking based on MR, so as not to saddle high leveled players with lower skilled newbs.
1a. Draco players with maxed out MR but low actual experience can really screw things up.

2. Using MR to restrict matchmaking can make sure that we only get matched with players using appropriate equipment!
2a. MR requirements are "loosely enforced so player can easily obtain op weapons at lower ranks".

Mate.
What you are actually arguing for here is a rework of how  MR works altogether.

Skill is a very opinionated word. My main arguement is some of the weapons that are acquired with Mr such as syndicate missions. Also warframe is not a game of skill but of cheese.

1 minute ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

That is a valid point.

So you agree that the weapon locks are not to enforce that some weapons are OP but rather some time gate that new players must cross before they are allowed to use that weapon, yes?

But then that's arbitrary because your system wouldn't do anything to restrict what games you find as most players do have these powerful weapons for obvious reasons. This is all assuming you are talking about restricting the searches of games here.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Skill is a very opinionated word. My main arguement is some of the weapons that are acquired with Mr such as syndicate missions. Also warframe is not a game of skill but of cheese.

The skill of the player is what differentiates the failure and success of a mission from which my opinion of a skilled player is how they react to the situation they are currently in and how they plan to get out..

Also no, as I stated before, you main argument is that games should be restricted so that you can only find games that you want. Also your "Main arguement" is incomplete and doesn't make sense by the way.

so your first thought was to restrict pve matchmaking based on pvp ranking.

okay, gloves off.

what you want is an anti-a$$hat system.

i can look up "Best xx" and buy plat, trade for mods no matter cost, the indicated weapons and frames and cookie cutter that guideline, then booster and in 3 missions at coba earth, sub mastery rank 3 outperform many people with both more experience and time and mr levels by investment.

likewise i can bone over your mr 2 friends with a simple ember with lots of range and energy pool and power strength.

simply four in a defense and afk. usually leaves them sitting on their thumbs for ten minutes at least in the bottom half of the starmap.

that is d*ck move stuff not skill or rank or even experience in general. that is not caring what the other layers think, or feel, and just trying to show off at their expense, or demonstrate extraordinary laziness at the same costs

leagues systems don't stop that in  the day to day, watch any non event streams for 24 hours and see all the nonperforming, boosted, throwing, trolling raging garbage that while it may get handled by a system later, doesn't change that instance at all.

certainly the skill rankings don't stop it or ensure a given level of performance consistently.

the only thing that does is a human doing it according to their own standards and experience. ie personal friends listing and team setup, which also doesn't introduce rng into the matchmaking process as to team composition.

furthermore expecting the people to actually use their experience and the thing behind their eyeballs avoids those player fragmentation issues too by and large. oh and this is where i also point out that many junctions now have mastery rank requirements as well. surprise.

whats next asking for it to be based on zephyro or that wyrm minigames scores?

Edited by steelblueskies
madness cubed ie interim posts while writing

18 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

It's loosely enforced so player can easily obtain op weapons at lower ranks

Loosely enforced?

More like: I doesn't ****ing matter since everyone is going to reach the necessary MR to use a certain weapon eventually.

You said it yourself, Warframe is a game centered around cheesing mechanics.

So what the hell does having lower MR players have to do with any of that?

If anything, you cheesing the game is an actual reason why separating MR could be considered since you're basically boiling down the game to "who can use the most overpowered weapons and abilities" for new players.

Saying "Oh I don't want new players on my team, they'll interfere with my cheesing gameplay." is by far the dumbest contradiction I've ever heard in the history of video gaming.

2 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

Loosely enforced?

More like: I doesn't ****ing matter since everyone is going to reach the necessary MR to use a certain weapon eventually.

You said it yourself, Warframe is a game centered around cheesing mechanics.

So what the hell does having lower MR players have to do with any of that?

If anything, you cheesing the game is an actual reason why separating MR could be considered since you're basically boiling down the game to "who can use the most overpowered weapons and abilities" for new players.

Saying "Oh I don't want new players on my team, they'll interfere with my cheesing gameplay." is by far the dumbest contradiction I've ever heard in the history of video gaming.

My point so why did this division arguement come about?

Also you keep elaborating on my statements. I'm cool with you quoting me but painting me as a "noob hater" is a bit much 

Edited by (PS4)bddacres

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I think this thread is just about done. We've hit the spiraling stage where accusations start flying.

Maybe if we spiral fast enough they'll all fly away and then we can get back on topic? That's how this works, right?  :)