Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within Storyline speculation

Gamer3548

So my theory is that The War Within talks about a civil war within the Tenno. Civil War cause of the name "The War Within" and the Tenno because of the teaser shown in Tennocon that has Teshin pulling a sword on a Tenno.

The war will be between the supporters of Teshin and Lotus's supporters and the motive for this is Teshin's hate towards sentients as he is Orokin as stated in the wiki:

• Teshin is an individual from the Orokin era, who was one of the few who did not enter cryosleep. How he has remained alive for this long however, is unknown.
  • He blames the fall of the Orokin on the Lotus, who led the Tenno 'complacent like oxen'.

As to address the first teaser I think that the grineer queens were actually the once to inspire Teshin to start thus war as. Why do I think that? Well the older queen in the teaser seems to bit confident that the Tenno won't be able to reach her or once they do they won't be able to destroy them like she has a trick up her sleeve.

7 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Since when did Teshin officially have any supporters?

Well, that will be a decision we make during the quest. You got 2 sides to choose from and you can only choose one.

Edited by Gamer3548

15 minutes ago, Gamer3548 said:

Well, that will be a decision we make during the quest. You got 2 sides to choose from and you can only choose one.

I don't think that'll happen. The Lotus is too popular a character. Teshin's kind of like a side salad.

Edited by LorianTheElderPrince

Wiki can be modified by anyone, its not a relyabe source of info when I ca just go there and put "Teshin is Ballas."

"War Within" can also mean that the person is at war with themselves, not knowing what choice they should make, because they have to chose between 2 bad choices and decide which one is the lesser of 2 evils.

It is the "War WIthin" because of the origin of the grineer queens and the whole entire point of convergence. If you have collected the kuria,,read all the lore we have on the orokin provided by sumaris, then you can guess what Teshin is doing there.

8 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

I don't think that'll happen. The Lotus is too popular a character.

Yup. PR rules the realm. Especially if the PR client and central figurant is a bosomy milf

Edited by Teloch

I think it has more to do with the nature of the Warframes, "War Within" referring to the sentience of the Warframe we saw in the Second Dream and the Operator themselves.

Maybe it won't be that dramatic, but I am pretty sure we will learn for certain what is inside the Warframes.

Teshin will be more of a means to tell the story IMO, I am pretty sure he is on our side and is trying to protect us. The clip in the trailer is a classic move to lead you on to something false (A dramatic line without any context that can be interpreted in many ways).

Edited by DrBorris

28 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Since when did Teshin officially have any supporters?

Since Daikyu is available in conclave.

Although it's like hate-love relationship, but well, at least we wouldn't have overprotective big momma on our head 24/7, but a grandpa that loves to watch us beat ourselves from time to time, because of good 'ol times

Besides, Riv-Elite Guard Armor Set

I think it is Tenno vs Tenno, but not Lotus vs Tenshin.

It is probably a splinter group that decides balance in the system is pointless and wanted to destroy one faction and spacemom sent us to "talk" some sense into them.

Edited by Karamethien

• 1 month later...

Since the beginning i have believed that the operators will be split from thier warframes and will need to find a way to regain control. In other words the Queens will have some how found a way to seperate us and we will be forced to fight them. I think the trailer reveals teshin trying to stop us from going further as he must somehow know this is going to happen. From TWW posters where we see a mag hanging from strings and the fact hunhow mentioned warframes were just puppets in second dream i believe this someehat confirms this. This is also where i think the relation to umbra comes in. Umbras are going to be warframes without operators and act of their own free will. This is a big conclusion to come to with so little information but this is my 2 cents :)