Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Vile Acceleration over Speed Trigger?

DEATHLOK

Question

Dread build:

He's using Vile Acceleration. The card reads ×2 fire rate for bows. Speed Trigger is the same for bows. Why is Vile Acceleration better, when it also reduces damage?

There's a hidden buff to Vile Acceleration that makes it favorable? I'm genuinely stuck trying to understand why one ×2 is better than the other.

Thanks, and stay awesome!

6 answers to this question

The damage reduction from Vile Acceleration is additive with Serration, so effectively reduces it by one rank. Losing one rank on Serration for the gain in fire rate/draw speed is definitely worth it.

The "x2 for bows" is for all fire rate mods (including negative fire rate mods), which have a double bonus on bows. That means Speed Trigger is +120% draw speed and Vile Acceleration is +180%.

12 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

He's using Vile Acceleration. The card reads ×2 fire rate for bows. Speed Trigger is the same for bows. Why is Vile Acceleration better, when it also reduces damage?

There's a hidden buff to Vile Acceleration that makes it favorable? I'm genuinely stuck trying to understand why one ×2 is better than the other.

Thanks, and stay awesome!

It's very simple. When you think of -15% damage, what comes to mind first? -15% of the total damage? Not quite. It's actually 15% damage from Serration. So it will be like Serration will give +150% instead of +165%, which translates in around -6% total damage.

For example, if you have a weapon that deals 100 damage per shot, with a maxed Serration it will go 265 damage per shot, and if you add Vile Acceleration that will turn into 250. I would say there are lots of cases where +30% fire rate is worth more that the ~6% difference there.

I've been reading the descriptor incorrectly for years. What it means is that bows have DOUBLE the percentage increase. Wow.

I need to spend more time with the wiki and less time with the game!

You guys are the best!

Edited by DEATHLOK