Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Penumbra Skin/Model

yoschi

22 hours ago, Evanescent said:

Give it some bio-tech look, it will fit more into Warframe!

Love it.

I was thinking about makeing a biotech spine on his back supported with chalk symbols, so that the front is really primal and vicious, but maybe it schould have some biotech element on front (thanks for suggestion, you're probably right :))

22 hours ago, SAYMYNAMELOUDLY said:

maybe some weapon reskins to match this skin? how about a duel kama skin? 

xqdkj.jpg

just an idea....

love the kama idea. I'll think on it :) Now the karyst fit the style. You know the kriss like :)

regards
y

Edited by yoschi
was drunk :P

23 hours ago, yoschi said:

Hi everyone.

To celebrate the love our boogeyman frame nekros got recently (thank you DE!) I have prepared a skin with modified model. All the changes in his skills made him more of a traditional necromancer so I was aiming for something like dark witchdoctor look.

post.jpg

I have to polish it and make modified morthos syandana (i have a cool idea for it, i think :P)

post-2.jpg

What do you all think? Would something like this fit to the Warframe Universe?

Regards
y

would i be allowed to shared this?

12 hours ago, yoschi said:

I was thinking about makeing a biotech spine on his back supported with chalk symbols, so that the front is really primal and vicious, but maybe it schould have some biotech element on front (thanks for suggestion, you're probably right :))

love the kama idea. I'll think on it :) Now the karyst fit the style. You know the kriss like :)

regards
y

Excellent idea, exactly what I had in mind when suggesting this!

9 hours ago, ukovalian said:

noice.

one thing can we get a color map?

On 20.08.2016 at 6:35 PM, SAYMYNAMELOUDLY said:

maybe some weapon reskins to match this skin? how about a duel kama skin? 

xqdkj.jpg

just an idea....

Updated :)

Just now, SAYMYNAMELOUDLY said:

naw man the grineer face is great

i dunno, it just looks out of place, like its just floating in front, we need a better side view. it looks like a mask more than anything, a flat sheet metal one,,, if it was more round or molded to the head it would be nice, or the hood around the helm

6 hours ago, yoschi said:

Updated :)

it looks great!! i think of him as a harvester of souls :) the shape is perfect...looks like a 2  crescent moons in the sky. Even the small characters/ dark magic symbols etc... on the weapons fit the theme very nicely. very simple, gritty, and dark. Summary: best skin i have seen in a while. I can imagine the scythe impaling the neck of a grineer and nekros reaching down on the dead body to take the mask so that he can add it to his collection. creepy..... I feel like this theme would fit his darkness. 

When the music starts i can see a dark battlefield with dead bodies littered all around. 3 tenno are bunched into a corner trying hard to survive the tsunami of enemies. One trinity is already down on the floor in pain.  Then nekros with the skin walks slowly on to the battlefield. during the brief silence at 0:35 he unsheathes his scythes     0:53 i imagine him using his Shadows of the dead and absolutely slaughtering the enemies which saves the team. lol but that's just me.

The bells have tolled, your time has run out and none...can outrun...death.

btw: what idea do you have for the morthos syandana?

Edited by SAYMYNAMELOUDLY

Just now, cookieknife said:

i dunno, it just looks out of place, like its just floating in front, we need a better side view. it looks like a mask more than anything, a flat sheet metal one,,, if it was more round or molded to the head it would be nice, or the hood around the helm

if you look closely it is on the top of the head... the head is in the hood with the glowing green energy

to make it more biotech on the front maybe you should add a few energy colored lights? i'm not sure about this (1) OR you can make the drawings/symbols glow the energy color... might be cool to see during channeling

Spoiler

jr7ckk.png

you might also make the skin a bit more armor like (i'm not sure this will work) add more layered plating?(2) i love the simplicity of your design so i'm not sure if you should add this because that would ruin the witch doctor look

You might also make the skin in a way so that nekros's other helmets could be used.

Edited by SAYMYNAMELOUDLY

On 22.08.2016 at 10:09 AM, Novatico said:

So are you going to upload this to tennogen any time soon? I'd happily throw money at you for it o3o

Sorry man i can't. As NovusNova said TennoGen does not allow modified character models. That's why all of this was moved to concept art.

On 22.08.2016 at 5:54 AM, SAYMYNAMELOUDLY said:

it looks great!! i think of him as a harvester of souls :) the shape is perfect...looks like a 2  crescent moons in the sky. Even the small characters/ dark magic symbols etc... on the weapons fit the theme very nicely. very simple, gritty, and dark. Summary: best skin i have seen in a while. I can imagine the scythe impaling the neck of a grineer and nekros reaching down on the dead body to take the mask so that he can add it to his collection. creepy..... I feel like this theme would fit his darkness. 

When the music starts i can see a dark battlefield with dead bodies littered all around. 3 tenno are bunched into a corner trying hard to survive the tsunami of enemies. One trinity is already down on the floor in pain.  Then nekros with the skin walks slowly on to the battlefield. during the brief silence at 0:35 he unsheathes his scythes     0:53 i imagine him using his Shadows of the dead and absolutely slaughtering the enemies which saves the team. lol but that's just me.

The bells have tolled, your time has run out and none...can outrun...death.

btw: what idea do you have for the morthos syandana?

That was quite graphic. I'm glad that my work triggered your imagination that way :)

I'm thinking on your suggestions from post above. Glowing symbols would be cool. But for now you can check the syandana in the orignial post update.

Edited by yoschi

• 2 weeks later...