Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Starting frame

Araitz

Question

18 answers to this question

There is no "best". My suggestion would be to build whatever you want to use and try them out. Then use whatever works for you that you enjoy. Rhino is tanky and has good CC with his Stomp, and can be a lot of fun. Excal is a good all-rounder, with more than decent damage and a fun playstyle. Ember is a caster with lots of continuous AOE damage, and really well at low to mid level missions... the list goes on.

The wiki can give you a good overview on anything you might be interested in and also tell you how to get them. But really, there is no "best".

58 minutes ago, Araitz said:

omg this game is so confused,and need farm hard for all :( i cant test because all is hard to take,i will try whit rhino or excalibur...thank for help me

Lol I thought the same thing when I started. It isn't hard to farm them. Eventually, if you keep playing the game, you will get all of them. It doesn't take long to get all the starter frames and then more that u want 

9 hours ago, Araitz said:

omg this game is so confused,and need farm hard for all :( i cant test because all is hard to take,i will try whit rhino or excalibur...thank for help me

If you need more help feel free to PM me here or in game. I can't promise to be on at all the same times you are, but I'll help you out as best as I can when I'm online.

i think best starting frame concept is 

1. easier to get part.

2. can solo

i think rhino is good for new player {i'm new too but i didn't use him cause i don't want to play Big guy lol}

For real . don't trust any words from another person each people're different if you enjoy with volt Use him  Play him :D     

Depending on your options and playstyle, a good starting warframe can very.  I do agree on Rhino.  I also recommend Loki and Ivara as very good choices if you have the ability to get them early.  I did it with Ivara myself at about MR 2 or 3.  Be aware that getting those two frames early would require using plat to buy them from the market or having them gifted to you. 

Look me up in game.  I can show you how those frames look and work.  If you like them and truly interested, I might be kind enough to gift you one of them. 

Rhino is a good frame to start with because he's versatile.

He's good for star map missions because of his Iron Skin

You can build him around his Roar making him a good group buff frame

You can also build him around his Stomp making him a top end CC frame.

For similar reasons Volt and Excal are also good frames. Though in Excal's case he only buffs damage for melee users. Mag is prolly the worst pick, not because she isn't strong but because she only does one thing and generally requires more rare mods. She really doesn't strike me as a starter frame, they should swap her with Oberon.

Rhino is the most beginner friendly character in the game. Very simple and straightforward yet tanky enough to carry you until you find a new frame you like.

He also work prettywell into late game content so he will end up being one of your more reliable frames. I still use my rhino when I feel like being a tank in sorties.

Excalibur is easily as good as Rhino.  My criteria for a starting frame is

#1 - must be durable.  Excal has less shields but more amour than Rhino.  Rhino has iron skin which is great but it leads to lazy game play and will get you killed occasionally because of that.

#2 - must be able to CC enemies.  One of the best ways to not die is not getting shot at - radial blind vs stomp is a wash in my book as far as CC goes.

#3 - a damage power either as a panic button or to overcome your lack of powerful weapons.  Excal wins this one hands down with both javelin and exalted blade.

#4 - be able to function without fancy mods.  This is also a wash, both frames can clear the star chart solo without a reactor (I know I've done it with both).

Neither Mag or Volt hit all those points as a starter frame IMO.

Guest GorgonTheHeroine
On 8/21/2016 at 1:26 PM, Araitz said:

Im new on this game,i take Volt frame for start,but some people said me Rhino is good for start and im confused

In your opinion ,What frame is the best for start in this game?

From the tutorial, any of the three frames is a good choice. Excalibur being the basic foot soldier, MAG for her crowd control, and Volt for his speed boost and his jack-of-trades attitude.

From there, it's all of the matter of killing bosses to fund your thirst for warframe building.

1. On Mercury, you beat up Captain Vor for his Cronus sword and Seer pistol (Blueprints and parts).

2. On Venus, you get to tear apart the quadruped, Jackal. From him, you'll gain a blueprint for Rhino. He's ideal for a beginner, as he's a straight-forward frame and very forgiving when you take a few rockets to the face.

Information on warframes and their playstyle, can be found here ...

1. Warframe Wiki - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframe_Systems_Blueprint

2. Warframe Profile Videos - 

Good luck!

Edited by JamesBondReject
typo

Excalibur, Mag, and Volt fit the Fighter, Mage, Thief architect.

Excalibur is the Fighter, having the best armor of the starters (though he has lower shields) and his kit centering around melee combat with a very strong CC ability in his 2 and a good radial AOE skill in his 3.

Mag is the Mage, having the lowest health of the starters and fairly poor armor (she does have very good shields and an augment to gain overshields), but her entire kit is full of very powerful AOE skills that have some CC in them (pull is line of sight AOE, Magnetize takes the DPS of everything shot into the bubble and makes it a deadly AOE, Polarize is an AOE armor and shield kill with shards that can be used in Magnetize, Crush is a standard AOE that also sets up for ground finishers)

Volt is the thief, having the worst armor (but good shields), but is the fastest of the starters (despite them having the same base speed) with his abilities focusing more on CC from the electric procs from Shock and Discharge while protecting himself and his team with Speed and Electric Shield.

(Volt is the only starter I haven't used, I chose Excalibur as my starter and I currently use Mag Prime)

On 21.8.2016 at 7:38 PM, Jeahanne said:

There is no "best". My suggestion would be to build whatever you want to use and try them out. Then use whatever works for you that you enjoy. Rhino is tanky and has good CC with his Stomp, and can be a lot of fun. Excal is a good all-rounder, with more than decent damage and a fun playstyle. Ember is a caster with lots of continuous AOE damage, and really well at low to mid level missions... the list goes on.

The wiki can give you a good overview on anything you might be interested in and also tell you how to get them. But really, there is no "best".