Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet Dance

Instinction

The timings seem to be off on the combos. It's very weird and they don't come out right. I think the issue is the very first shot fired from the combo has a significant pause that cannot be bypassed so it's very hard to get of anything other than the E [pause] E, E, E combo. I can't even get the base E,E,E,E combo to come out most of the time.

4 hours ago, Sasquatch180 said:

Another thing to note is that I believe a couple of shots during the E V+E EEE... Combo are not actually firing any shots despite doing the animation, along with the combo also sometimes defaulting back to the Mambo combo after the V+E part of the combo.

Now that you mention it, I noticed that as well.

if you want to execute any combo except the pause one, you need to spam e at the speed of light.

this is a post from reddit i found

Yo, peeps, about 99% of your problems are caused by the weapon's ridiculously fast attack speed. It's also bugged, though. You need to mash your attack button faster, or use a mod to decrease its attack speed (Spoiled Strike).

Attempting the 1st combo (mashing melee)

• Is your character jumping around like a maniac shooting the gun? That's the first combo (mash melee really fast).
  • Does your character shoot once then start swinging the weapon around? That's the 3rd combo (the one with the pause in it).

Attempting the 2nd combo (mashing melee with block)

• Does your character shoot over and over and over? You're not pressing attack fast enough.
  • Does your character shoot, swing the blade once, then shoot again? You're not pressing attack fast enough.
  • Does your character shoot, swing the blade, then make 2 overhead slashes before doing a forward roll, jumping, and shooting again? Good, you're pressing attack fast enough.

I haven't tried it yet, but I think if you hold block and melee attack with Volt's speed buff active, you should be able to turn into an infinite ammo machinegun turret.

Attempting the 4th combo (mashing melee while pressing down)

• Does your character shoot then start swinging the blade around? You're not pressing attack fast enough.
  • Does your character shoot, fire a dud that makes a weird noise, switch hands, shoot again, switch hands, and shoot again? Good, that's the 4th combo.

In case I'm not making myself clear here: You have to attack really fast.

Spoiled Strike helps, but not a lot. The 4th combo is especially irritating, thanks to the order of operations (see below):

• The block combo (3rd) overrides the other combos. If you're too slow, you'll just restart the combo.
  • The pause combo (2nd) overrides all combos other than the block combo.
  • The reverse combo (4th) only overrides the mash combo (1st). If you're too slow, you'll do the pause combo.
  • The mash combo doesn't override anything. If you're too slow, you'll do the pause combo. If you're holding reverse or block, you probably didn't want to do this combo, anyway.

I really hope this gets fixed because it's honestly ridiculous how messed up this stance is

It's not just absurdly fast, it's also buggy as all hell. If you try pulling off a charge attack, sometimes it'll do the first hit of the basic combo, then the charged shot (as it's supposed to. like every other weapon), but often times it bugs out and just does the first hit of the combo, and no charge after. And once that hits, it usually means you won't be pulling off a charge for a while. usually after I give up trying to do the charge and just go back to the basic combo, it sometimes decides to do the first shot, then decides to do two charge attacks in a row without me even pressing the melee button. It literally starts charge attacking by itself. Like, I'll press e once and then it just does 3 attacks in a row. That happens a lot less often than the charge attack just not working, though.

Edited by Soup2504

15 hours ago, amose007 said:

if you want to execute any combo except the pause one, you need to spam e at the speed of light.

this is a post from reddit i found

-cut-

The whole not attacking fast enough is not necessarily true. I have tried literally letting go of my mouse and mashing the E key as fast as I can, and it'll still do the pause combo.

It has some to do with the timings in the initial firing animation, though I can't quite pinpoint what it is.

Out of curiosity, do the shots fired during combos have the same damage and pellet count as a charge attack?

I vaguely recall Redeemer + High Noon combo shots being significantly weaker than charge attack shots, but I might be wrong.

15 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

Out of curiosity, do the shots fired during combos have the same damage and pellet count as a charge attack?

They have less damage. As for pellet count, I'm not sure.

Edited by Soup2504