Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to make Mag Prime End-game Viable?

RenownedWheat42

Question

Mag Prime is, next to Inaros, my favorite Warframe in the game. Because of this, I don't really accept that she falls off late-end game. I've been trying to build her in a way that enables me to get the absolute most out of her power output and range, but I was curious to see if anyone else had any other ideas.

I can get a screen cap later for reference, but as of now I'm running a one forma (about two be two) build with the following:

Steel Charge / Power Drift

Primed Flow / Blind Rage / Stretch / Streamline

Fleeting Expertise / Overextended / Fracturing Crush / Intensify

As is, I'm getting (this is a rough estimate):

40% Duration, 145% efficiency, 184% strength, 235% range.

As you can see, this build is more centered around maximizing pull / crush. If anyone can suggest improvements to that (or perhaps an alternate build to maximize magnetize/polarize), I'd love to hear it.

10 answers to this question

I use a highly specialized Magnetize build.

WaJieVc.jpg

I basically only use magnetize and an occasional Pull to get enemies inside a bubble. I use Zenurik so the efficiency isn't a problem.

Lower Duration is better for Magnetize IMO as the bubbles can be really annoying to other players.

If you don't use or have Zenurik you will want to remove Blind Rage. This build was made for a meta group. lvl 300+ My clan decided she was a nuisance and they'd rather have a buff frame even though she has very high multipliers. Magnetize is kinda obnoxious and it's really the only thing she offers late game.

You prolly don't need as high Strength for enemies under lvl 300, the amount of Range is up to you but I tend to think lower duration is ideal.

If you're going to use Fracturing Crush, you shouldn't be running negative duration, especially with Crush's cast time.

If you want to bring Mag to end game, a build centered around Magnetize would be good. A Fracturing Crush build would be a good option for Grineer or especially Infested.

A better way to build mag for end game is to focus on her 2 and use a gas-status Lanka. Efficiency>strength=range>duration. You still need a decent amount of duration (67% or so) for her 3, but you also want to capitalize on the explosion damage from her 2. Natural talent is required, otherwise you could be killed during the animation for casting you 2. Don't use her 1 and 4 for damage; they are better for cc.

Here are your problems Highlighted:

16 minutes ago, RenownedWheat42 said:

40% Duration, 145% efficiency, 184% strength, 235% range.

Mag Prime doesnt need Power Range that much. A simple Stretch is more than enough until a Prime variant comes out. Her Polarize Skill is Duration based. If you have duration too low it wont go very far. Try replacing your Range for Duration. This will also allow for you to take the most advantage of Magnetize as it can be used as a replacement for SnowGlobe in some circumstances.

MAOxMWw.jpg

If your goal is Sorties then yeah she's reliable. For endless missions you're going to end up going for a straight crush build for CC, which is great for excavations.

My current Sortie build is

Aura - CP/SD/ES depending on faction

Exilus - Cunning Drift

Continuity, Fleeting Expertise, Intensify, Stretch, Streamline, Overextended, Power Drift, Natural Talent

Duration 70%

Efficiency 175%

Range 250%

Strength 85%

Zennurick focus

Also, the weapons I use are Lanka/Dera Vandal, and Staticor

Edited by Eathian
added weapons

12 minutes ago, Eathian said:

Duration 70%

Efficiency 175%

Range 250%

Strength 85%

Zennurick focus

I like this, but I'm also unsure if the 30 eff/15 range/30 dur are really worth cutting my strength effectively in half for a similar build. I'll give it a try and see how it feels.

24 minutes ago, RenownedWheat42 said:

I'm aware her 2 and 3 are duration based, hence stating this build was for Pull/Crush output. 

I know but for some reason Crush has been doing more damage to enemies after their armor/shield has been stripped off even focusing fully on Power Strength.

I will share my build later after i get home from work.

A couple shots from the Lanka with Magnetize will cut thorugh a group of 105 Heavy Gunners like butter, and Crush will help you stall or set yourself up for it. The not quite 100% duration give you enough time for good damage without the bubble getting in the way of other players shots. I personally hate when max duration Mags put bubbles everywhere.