Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How much damage does one need against armored targets?

DesuTronic

Question

I reckon you need around tree fiddy.

Edit: jokes aside, you can prob substitute vicious spread for seeking fury. It'll give you some punchthrough so you can hit more enemies, while improving reload time (since tigris is 50% reloading anyway)

Edited by 321agemo

9 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

Edit: jokes aside, you can prob substitute vicious spread for seeking fury. It'll give you some punchthrough so you can hit more enemies, while improving reload time (since tigris is 50% reloading anyway)

But Vicious spread is 90% extra damage, so I don't really want to switch out that mod

19 minutes ago, dadaddadada said:

i think you can safely remove one of the dual stats mods and put a quality of life mod instead or seeking fury. diminishing returns are hitting hard there.

This. There are too many elemental mods on here, you are suffering from diminishing returns. A cleanse (faction) mod, seeking fury, or even crit mods would benefit you at this point. Vicious spread is okay if you get close, but you should at least try to get some punch-through on there. Do NOT underestimate the power of faction mods, they are multiplicative and not additive with point blank, so one of them will add more damage in-game than a dual-stat.

It's better to bypass armor, 'cause health of armored units does not scale as rapidly as that of unarmored (to compare, when units of level 9999 are killed with a dagger with covert lethality equipped, unarmored units receive something like 80-90 billion damage, while armored units only receive around 2 million, I don't remember precisely, but the difference is quite significant).

Just now, Bouldershoulder said:

unarmored units receive something like 80-90 billion damage, while armored units only receive around 2 million, I don't remember precisely, but the difference is quite significant).

Impossible, since damage is a signed 32 bit integer and therefore the damage cap is 2.1 billion.

Anyway, it might be more helpful to explain *how* to bypass armor, such as explaining how slash procs work or CP. Although relying on CPx4 is a really bad noobish idea...

25 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Impossible, since damage is a signed 32 bit integer and therefore the damage cap is 2.1 billion.

Anyway, it might be more helpful to explain *how* to bypass armor, such as explaining how slash procs work or CP. Although relying on CPx4 is a really bad noobish idea...

We have a 64 bit version. Might affect the numbers (or I could misscount the numbers, 'cause they were too many).

Slash procs bypass armor. Slash is a physical proc, which have 4(or 10?) times greater chance to proc than elementary ones. I can't say more, since Tigris isn't "my gun", but that's the basics. Equipping Sweeping Serration would be a good idea, since Tigris has slash as it's main damage type. And then putting in the status mods and Seeking Fury. Also, I think radiation + viral would be a better combo with Seeking Fury, since it will halve units' health and make them confused.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

34 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

With how insanely armor scales I wouldn't call 4x cp noobish. Especially because unless weapon has innate corrosive/radiation you can't mod for two armors at once. And even these elements start to falloff too quickly for my taste

14 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

With how insanely armor scales I wouldn't call 4x cp noobish. Especially because unless weapon has innate corrosive/radiation you can't mod for two armors at once. And even these elements start to falloff too quickly for my taste

43 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Although relying on CPx4 is a really bad noobish idea...

I'm not saying 4xCP is noobish, I'm saying not learning how to cope with armor without it is noobish. Some people say "well why would you ever run without 4xCP? Who cares about armor stripping weapons?" And that IS a very noobish thing to say. The point is, everyone should learn how to strip armor, kill with slash procs, and use armor-stripping abilities like banshee's 1.

1 hour ago, bluepheonix13 said:

You're gonna one-shot enemies until about level 200 with that (provided you are close enough to hit them with the pellets).

I tried this in a simulation and the only thing this wasn't able to oneshot was a lvl 140 guardian eximus bombard which makes sense since they don't have a weakness to corrosive.

52 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

if you dont rely on 4x cp then tigris sucks &#!..

1 hour ago, Lord_Azrael said:

I'm not saying 4xCP is noobish, I'm saying not learning how to cope with armor without it is noobish. Some people say "well why would you ever run without 4xCP? Who cares about armor stripping weapons?" And that IS a very noobish thing to say. The point is, everyone should learn how to strip armor, kill with slash procs, and use armor-stripping abilities like banshee's 1.

I myself found majority of armor removal too weak. Similarly, I never found majority of procs to be good.

Main issue is stripping some armor stops being efficient when it's really needed. When mob has 5k armor (lvl 80 Bombard has that much, I think) taking half of it away still leaves it with HUGE durability.

Though I completely forgot about Banshee's augmented 1. It can strip 100% of armor, right?

22 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

I myself found majority of armor removal too weak. Similarly, I never found majority of procs to be good.

Main issue is stripping some armor stops being efficient when it's really needed. When mob has 5k armor (lvl 80 Bombard has that much, I think) taking half of it away still leaves it with HUGE durability.

Though I completely forgot about Banshee's augmented 1. It can strip 100% of armor, right?

If you have time then go try a formad Ignis with corrosive. You can easily have it be 80% status chance and it fires 10 times per second and its a massive AOE weapon. (corrosive removes 25% of remaining armor so with fire rate of 10 times per second with 80% status chance on average the corrosive will proc 8 times in just 1 second which will remove 94.47% of their armor)

EDIT:

Spoiler

How I calculated this:

• Enemy starts with 100% armor
  • remove 25% of 100%     they are left with 75%
  • remove 25% of 75%       they are left with 56.25%
  • remove 25% of 56.25%  they are left with 42.18%
  • remove 25% of 42.18 % they are left with 31.64%
  • remove 25% of 31.64 % they are left with 23.73%
  • remove 25% of 23.73 % they are left with 17.79%
  • remove 25% of 17.79%  they are left with 13.34%
  • remove 25% of 13.34%  they are left with 10.01%
  • remove 25% of 10.01%  they are left with 7.51%
  • remove 25% of 7.51%    they are left with 5.63%

With that in mind go into a lvl 100+ mission with armored enemies and then just spray that Ignis over a big crowd of enemies. In just  1 second it will melt more than 90% of their armor away. OVER 90 frikkin percent from an entire crowd of enemies.

If you know how to use the elements then you can kill anything.

Edited by DesuTronic

16 minutes ago, DesuTronic said:

If you have time then go try a formad Ignis with corrosive. You can easily have it be 80% status chance and it fires 10 times per second and its a massive AOE weapon. (corrosive removes 25% of remaining armor so with fire rate of 10 times per second with 80% status chance on average the corrosive will proc 8 times which will remove 89.9998% of their armor)

With that in mind go into a lvl 100+ mission with armored enemies and then just spray that Ignis over a big crowd of enemies. In just  1 second it will melt more than 90% of their armor away. 90 frikkin percent from an entire crowd of enemies.

If you know how to use the elements then you can kill anything.

Hm, I always thought beam weapons are limited to one proc per second.

I was considering building Ignis for proc but this weapon, other than it's status and AoE, has absolutely nothing good

Edited by Slaviar