Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt's Electric Shield: Facts

Engelheim

Volt's Shield no longer allows bullets to ignore armor. Even though his shield works when you're not host I have unequipped it again because the armor ignore was really the only reason to use it, or Volt for that matter.

Volt's Shield no longer allows bullets to ignore armor. Even though his shield works when you're not host I have unequipped it again because the armor ignore was really the only reason to use it, or Volt for that matter.

i can confirm this.

update 8.3 actually nerfed volt's shield (even worse before the bugfix).

So is OP's info wrong?

Edited by arthixxxx

• 4 weeks later...

My only problem with the shield is:

- It's hard to place: It's small and a little low. Maybe increase size a little with rank and put it a little big higher above the ground?

- Could be more curved - reason: Protecting cryopods. I'm not expecting it to just replace snow globe, but if it was a little rounder it would protect better from the side as well.

- Hard to see through. The damage bonus is really nice but often I can't hit enemies reliably when shooting through it because I can't see a damn thing.

- Hard to see through. The damage bonus is really nice but often I can't hit enemies reliably when shooting through it because I can't see a damn thing.

Disable DOF/Motion blur. With it enabled the shield is water-based oddly enough and you won't be able to see anything but constant blur searching more for movement than even color. Disable that and it becomes clear, as stupid as that is.

Wasn't there a bug that prevent any bullet/projectile from going through the electric shield, or did that got fixed already? At that time people just stop using Volt altogether. If that's been fixed, then I'd be interested again.

Edited by YTakuyaY

• 4 weeks later...

The Ignis does gain the infinite range and damage conversion bonus from electric shield.

Just tested and yes, Ignis does turn into hit-scan with infinite range. However it will not get an armor ignore conversion but will get an electric bonus.

Edited the first post for easier reading.

Edited by Engelheim

• 2 weeks later...