Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How can I stop sentinels coming after me?

Icarian_Justicar

Question

Might be a noob question but seriously they either need to drop the requirement to farm RNG elements they tell you nothing about or make it easier in simple ways like TELLING US WHAT TO DO.  But to the question, I am trying to farm LAU's challenge rooms with the kill them all mission, now I thought to stop the sentinels is too scan them.. Nope, and not only do they follow you to hell and back I was one hit with 1k shields AND they're added too the monsters you HAVE to kill so, Mission fail it is. 

so in summary how do I stop them from spawning ( why DE do you make people have to farm an area that no-one does with OP spawns we don't get told how too stop ) and what am I meant to be looking for when I am trying to find a challenge room because I have no friggin clue. 

22 answers to this question

Sentient =/= Sentinel

Anyway, the Moon missions (located on Lua) are the only place sentient will spawn. It's a feature for those mission. I don't think you can avoid or bypass them. You'll need to equip yourself and exterminate them. They'll adapt to your damage, so best to  equip ONE type (slash, puncture, impact, fire, cold, corrosive, etc.) on each weapon (primary, secondary, melee). Or you can bring Excal and use Exalted Blade until they die.  

I mean, they do tell you how to kill them. If you're going to Lua you should expect Sentients (except on defence missions) and bring varied damage types so their resistances cap out. They can only have a certain number of resistances, so if you spread damage types across your weapons, you'll easily kill them. I'll be honest, I have no idea how to avoid them spawning though. While you can theoretically avoid the scanning ones (Oculists?) I've never managed it, If you hit them with a stray bullet, let out a quiet fart, or sometimes look at a crate funny, they will panic and send for reinforcements.

As far as them doing crap tonnes of damage, uhh yeah. They're an end game enemy, and they technically defeated the Tenno once before. Kinda the point, them kicking our asses in. Learn their weaknesses and exploit the hell out of their massive start up animations. You have time to get clear of their stupid powerful attacks. 

18 hours ago, That1Cactus said:

When the scouts spawn just back track really far and hide until you think they're gone. That's the best way to not have to deal with them.

Can't do that its a kill them all mission all they do is camp the monsters I HAVE to kill and end up having to go in anyways.

19 hours ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Sentient =/= Sentinel

Anyway, the Moon missions (located on Lua) are the only place sentient will spawn. It's a feature for those mission. I don't think you can avoid or bypass them. You'll need to equip yourself and exterminate them. They'll adapt to your damage, so best to  equip ONE type (slash, puncture, impact, fire, cold, corrosive, etc.) on each weapon (primary, secondary, melee). Or you can bring Excal and use Exalted Blade until they die.  

It doesn't matter what I bring they one shot me 1k shields 700 health 2 seconds I literally revive and before I can move dead, and its also the place that the things I HAVE to farm are, they should have some-way to be-able to by-pass them rather then just ' hide and wait and hope they don't camp the place you have to do ' that's a bad way, I mean making a way that takes skill to by-pass them I can understand or something. The problem comes down to when they MAKE you have to do something in an area that ISN'T meant to be solo'ed - which a new player etc. will have to solo or beg older players for hours to help and steam roll everything which kills the fun - 

19 hours ago, DiosGX said:

You stop them by killing them. And there are multiple videos on youtube showing exactly what the challenge rooms look like and how to solve them. 

' multiple videos what they look like ' cool, that doesn't tell me anything because without knowing where they might spawn on the map I have no clue where they might be and from the video it is pretty easy to miss, and I shouldn't have to look up guides and youtube vids to be-able to play a game, they should AT-LEAST have soft hints at things like they have done with this new mission ' the plant is somewhere cold ' but instead no hints, just hours of reading guides and not really knowing where to look.  Then being one hit by a end-game monster because you want to unlock a planet / mirage. 

Edited by Haldos
Removed profanity.

Just now, Icarican_Justicar said:

Can't do that its a kill them all mission all they do is camp the monsters I HAVE to kill and end up having to go in anyways.

Sentient Scouts do not count towards the Extermination. You can still complete the mission without having to aggravate them. It's when the Sentients themselves have spawned is when you need to kill BUT only if you get caught by the Scouts.

1 minute ago, That1Cactus said:

Sentient Scouts do not count towards the Extermination. You can still complete the mission without having to aggravate them. It's when the Sentients themselves have spawned is when you need to kill BUT only if you get caught by the Scouts.

Nope, but the fighters do, the scouts stick by monsters because they attack it and you HAVE to kill those monsters, so yeah the literal answer is ' wait till all those monsters have killed themselves go play another game while this is happening ' 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)HR_Pufnstuf_1984 said:

Embrace them

Respect them

Use Nekros

Use them

If I could kill one.. sadly my tigris prime for some reason after one shot becomes useless against them and they just beam the whole room and the other one just laughs while he does 1k damage on me, I understand they ' adapt ' to damage its there thing but after one shot basically only does 1/4th of the damage it was doing, if I don't run and not stop running just boom dead and once they kill me once they spawn camp me I revive before I can even move really dead again. 

Edited by Icarican_Justicar

Just now, Icarican_Justicar said:

Nope, but the fighters do, the scouts stick by monsters because they attack it and you HAVE to kill those monsters, so yeah the literal answer is ' wait till all those monsters have killed themselves go play another game while this is happening ' 

I know the fighters do. But I am saying the scouts don't count, which allows you to hide out and not piss them off. Just let them float around until you think they're gone because they will go away after a short while, I have done this so many times because I don't like fighting Sentients and since no one plays Lua solo fighting them is a huge pain.

Again, when Lotus says they're around, find a hiding spot, sit for a while and when you think they have finally left then check. When they are gone then continue slaughtering everyone else.

All Lua missions (except defense) will have Oculysts show up.  Don't interact with them at all.  No shooting or powers use at them, no scanning them, no letting them see you.  If they come after you, keep breaking line of sight so they can't scan you.  After several minutes of them not having been interacted with, they will leave the mission and there is no longer a threat of sentients for the rest of the mission.

Avoiding the sentients can put a significant pause on a mission, especially an exterminate mission. They can only scan one thing at a time, so you can sometimes sneak by while they are occupied in other missions, but in exterminates you either have to wait them out or back track to the bypassed enemies.  I prefer to wait them out myself for max safety (I'm not good at dealing with sentients alone).

9 minutes ago, Honorbridge said:

All Lua missions (except defense) will have Oculysts show up.  Don't interact with them at all.  No shooting or powers use at them, no scanning them, no letting them see you.  If they come after you, keep breaking line of sight so they can't scan you.  After several minutes of them not having been interacted with, they will leave the mission and there is no longer a threat of sentients for the rest of the mission.

Avoiding the sentients can put a significant pause on a mission, especially an exterminate mission. They can only scan one thing at a time, so you can sometimes sneak by while they are occupied in other missions, but in exterminates you either have to wait them out or back track to the bypassed enemies.  I prefer to wait them out myself for max safety (I'm not good at dealing with sentients alone).

Thanks, didn't know they left the mission because they didn't seem to leave sometimes they did sometimes they didn't hence this post but thanks. 

PS : I just tried to do this but both of them came to where I was hiding  and started scanning me I ran behind walls.. etc. when they were scanning to ' break ' the scan but they still spawned.. and mission fail. 

19 minutes ago, Icarican_Justicar said:

' multiple videos what they look like ' cool, that doesn't tell me EXPLICTIVE  because without knowing where they might spawn on the map I have no clue where they might be and from the video it is pretty easy to miss,

Yeah because a video is really going to help you locate something that spawns in a random location. Have you not realized that this game uses randomized connection of pre-designed tiles? The challenges are a tile in and of themselves. So seeing what those challenge tiles look like is in fact going to help.  Also, you should probably chill out on the excessive swearing. There's no need for it.

Or you can just keep throwing a tantrum over something very minor. That's on you.

Edited by DiosGX

Dude, just do something else till you get to a higher average gameplay. once you've got better mods and reactors and catalysts in everything, then have a shot at it. I've had more of a fight from these guys than I have with late game bosses. You can't yell at a problem till it goes away. Unless you're Valkyr, but that's not my point. 

If you're in desperate need of someone to clear them out for you, ask for help on the recruiting page. Eventually someone will offer a hand. There is no catchall trick to killing them, no Meta build, Just skill and practice.

Edit: and yes, I know excess catalysts and reactors and forma cost Platinum, but that's still something you can get my relic farming. If it's that important to you, work for it.

Edited by Lord_Jaxom3

29 minutes ago, Lord_Jaxom3 said:

Dude, just do something else till you get to a higher average gameplay. once you've got better mods and reactors and catalysts in everything, then have a shot at it. I've had more of a fight from these guys than I have with late game bosses. You can't yell at a problem till it goes away. Unless you're Valkyr, but that's not my point. 

If you're in desperate need of someone to clear them out for you, ask for help on the recruiting page. Eventually someone will offer a hand. There is no catchall trick to killing them, no Meta build, Just skill and practice.

Edit: and yes, I know excess catalysts and reactors and forma cost Platinum, but that's still something you can get my relic farming. If it's that important to you, work for it.

I have all those, some of the best weapons in the game and warframes but, seriously the game needs a re-work if to do something your pretty much forced to do solo if you don't beg in recruit chat for hours for someone who is like ' meh I have nothing else to do ' I am not   ' whining ' because my warframes and mods aren't good I am whining that they force you to do duo (even had problems with them duo) without a system that helps you duo or use a steam roll warframe which basically kills the whole reason of playing the game.  

There is two modes in Warframe basically impossible or steam-roll they really need to work on that. 

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

if you don't want to fight Sentients, don't let the Oculysts Scan you, and don't Damage/Scan them.

Tried that I hid when I saw them they came looking for me when they started scanning ran behind a wall but somehow they still scanned me. 

2 hours ago, DiosGX said:

Yeah because a video is really going to help you locate something that spawns in a random location. Have you not realized that this game uses randomized connection of pre-designed tiles? The challenges are a tile in and of themselves. So seeing what those challenge tiles look like is in fact going to help.  Also, you should probably chill out on the excessive swearing. There's no need for it.

Or you can just keep throwing a tantrum over something very minor. That's on you.

throwing a tantrum over something minor ' Quests to unlock areas.. that you need to farm for the things you want in the game this game is all about unlocking things and farming, this is stopping me doing the core base of this game ' minor ',

yes I know its randomized hence why new players who don't really know - even after the ' guides ' - how far they could be in etc, they're very hidden in a giant map which means I will have to spend a LOT of time looking over every inch of the map because I am forced to do so.. sounds very fun, and when I tried this because I sucked at finding them I got kicked because after an hour of looking it automatically kicked me out. Games are meant to be a level of fun.

Warframe is fun outside of questing and major bugs which can easily be fixed it is silly to force a player to comb over a giant map for a semi hidden area without giving them some knowledge or notice that you have found or are close to it or any hint - which this game loves to do it is VERY lazy just making the player look up guides because they don't give you any hints / clues -  they give you minor clues / hints with caches.. flowers.. quest items even random spawns - once you know wtf the flash means in uranus - why not now? For most of the challenge rooms the challenge IS the room itself instead of the added difficulty of finding the friggin thing. 

In case no one has mentioned to you before, you can also stun sentients. Excalibur is still one of my main sentient busters because Radial Blind can at least stun them for a few seconds while Exalted Blade (with good meelee mods) can easily shred through a sentient even with damage resistance.

Another thing is to be prepared, pop out your energy pizzas if you need to cast an ability. Bring your top tier weapons, sentients cannot adapt to high amounts of damage in one go so tigris does work well against them. Add damage, multishot, and elemental mods to your tigris. At most it can bring down the sentient to probably 1/2 or 3/4 of it's hp. Frames that can also boost damage can counter a sentient, Nova would be a good example as she slows down sentients while buffing your damage.

Sentients are also still vulnerable to crowd control abilities like Molecular prime, Radial Blind, Chaos, Terrify, Radial Disarm and others. Having some crowd control can also help to stall the sentients to quickly damage them.

If you wanna scan the sentients, bringing a Helios sentinel also works. It auto scans for you while you can try to hide or dodge conculysts/battalysts. Be careful also, as the high damage from the sentients can easily kill your sentinel by mistake.

You said your warframe died in one shot even with 700 hp? What frame is it? Is it a rhino, frost, excalibur or a squishier frame like nyx, nova or ember? Does it have a good amount of armor? If it has decent armor, you can try to add steel fiber in. If it is a squishier frame, try to use Quick Thinking for survivability.

When Lotus warns you about scouts, hide. When I was farming Vengeful Rev sometimes they were gone before we could even find them which sucked (for farming purposes).

But one of the junction tasks is to kill like 10 sentients. I find Plato to always have an open squad to join. But still you should just learn to kill them solo. I can tell you how I do it, but I'm sure there are more experienced players who have more effective ways of dealing with them. Either way:

1. Get Tonkor and Sonicor. Make sure they deal different dmg.

2. Go in with Trin.

3. Run at them, shoot at them, make them scan you.

4. When the fighters show up, link, then blessing before you do anything else. Make sure to have good duration on.

5. Energy vampire one of them. When you EV the one you're targeting will not be able to fight back. Link should protect you fairly well from others while you kill it. It's simple. Tonkor it in the face, Sonicor it in the face, Tonkor, Sonicor, Tonkor again till it dies.

6. Repeat with the other sentients.

7. Never get Vengeful Revenant. But at least you killed them. Yay.